ADVERTISEMENT

2016 lineup

You want to chum the B10 waters using Kremiller and Normandia, lol. Crazy stuff, Bro.

Cael is about to run off another 4 in a row.

Suriano would beat McCabe straight up, right now. And no question, Mark Hall beats Perrotti or Backukas right now.

I'm not a PSU fan, but we'll be lucky to win more than one match against them next year.
please stay on topic. if Kremiller and Normandia started every dual next year at 197 and 285 they would not get pinned every match. Not even close.

So you would gladly settle for losing every match, just as long as they don't get pinned. I don't understand the logic here.

Again, please try to stick to the topic. try rereading what I've posted if you get confused.

you said: "Redshirt the incoming class, and run the risk of losing every match next year. 197 and HWT are 12 points going the other way."

this is wrong. Kremiller and Normandia would not get pinned every dual meet.

all I've been trying to do is correct the bogus assumption you made.

Again, please try to stick to the topic. try rereading what I've posted if you get confused.

you said: "Redshirt the incoming class, and run the risk of losing every match next year. 197 and HWT are 12 points going the other way."

this is wrong. Kremiller and Normandia would not get pinned every dual meet.

all I've been trying to do is correct the bogus assumption you made.

Ok you're correct, they might only get TF'd.

You want to chum the B10 waters using Kremiller and Normandia, lol. Crazy stuff, Bro.

Cael is about to run off another 4 in a row.

Suriano would beat McCabe straight up, right now. And no question, Mark Hall beats Perrotti or Backukas right now.

I'm not a PSU fan, but we'll be lucky to win more than one match against them next year.
The only reason why Suriano might beat McCabe right now is because he's just a freak wrestling prospect. No doubt Cael is a great coach but he is getting some serious talent and I believe Suriano would succeed at d1 college wrestling just about anywhere he went.

Mark Hall is rated the #1 p4p wrestler in his graduating class.. so anything less of multiple AA finishes would be a let down for a wrestler of his caliber. I don't believe Perrotti or Bakukas were even ranked in the top 100 of their class so I think it's a huge accomplishment that AP was able to become a 2x AA and Bak has developed a lot more then many would have expected.

As for Kremiller and Normandia they are going to take their lumps in the B10 just like most wrestlers. I believe, if the coaches feel Mulligan and/or Correntti are d1 ready then they should go otherwise RS.

We are going to have a pretty strong and competitive lineup next year especially if Giraldo can go 57 and Lewis to 65.

So you would gladly settle for losing every match, just as long as they don't get pinned. I don't understand the logic here.

I'm a huge fan of the RU incoming class, but on the surface both Correnti and Mulligan both need a RS. Using your own words - this is the B1G - and wasting their redshirt years for what I don't see as a whole heck of a lot more wins, if any, in the B1G is a mistake.

Correnti may be more ready to go, but you are talking about 285 in D1, not 220 in HS. He surely could use a RS.

Obrats:

Bonnacorsi is committed to Pitt.

I notice you don't have Kui on there - is this because you are assuming Ivy? If that is the case, there are a couple of other SRs on there you probably should remove.

Don't be a jackass!! No one has any clue how they will do next year...Granted there will be dropoff.. But talking smack about them just aint cool man...They don't deserve it

Neither guy was ranked in the Top 20 when they graduated. They have absolutely zero chance of being successful in the B10.

I'm a huge fan of the RU incoming class, but on the surface both Correnti and Mulligan both need a RS. Using your own words - this is the B1G - and wasting their redshirt years for what I don't see as a whole heck of a lot more wins, if any, in the B1G is a mistake.

Correnti may be more ready to go, but you are talking about 285 in D1, not 220 in HS. He surely could use a RS.

I don't think Mulligan needs a redshirt. Given the schedule that he wrestled last year at BC, he's ready for D1.

Neither guy was ranked in the Top 20 when they graduated. They have absolutely zero chance of being successful in the B10.

No one really thought much of Perrotti coming out of high school.. Yet what did he do again? Bakuckas an Hrymack weren't highly thought of recruits either... Both have helped win some B1G matches nad made NCAA's... You have the right to your opinion, but to come on here and mock them is total punk BS dude..

No one really thought much of Perrotti coming out of high school.. Yet what did he do again? Bakuckas an Hrymack weren't highly thought of recruits either... Both have helped win some B1G matches nad made NCAA's... You have the right to your opinion, but to come on here and mock them is total punk BS dude..

Your magical thinking is ridiculous. Respect the Sport, Bro. Perrotti was an outlier. And the case can be made that Perrotti was more lucky than good.

1. During his first All-American run, he had to beat a kid that he worked with all summer. Nestor Taffur. The match prior to that, he pinned a kid from Oregon St. He could have easily lost that match had he not pinned.

2. He DNP'd the following year.

3. This year, he won his blood round match, and then didn't win again. an 8th place finish. Still on the podium, but far from impressive.

Btw, to qualify for the NCAA's you simply need to be 33/77. So you almost have a fifty percent chance of qualifying. Sadly, It's never been easier in history.

Your magical thinking is ridiculous. Respect the Sport, Bro. Perrotti was an outlier. And the case can be made that Perrotti was more lucky than good.

1. During his first All-American run, he had to beat a kid that he worked with all summer. Nestor Taffur. The match prior to that, he pinned a kid from Oregon St. He could have easily lost that match had he not pinned.

3. This year, he won his blood round match, and then didn't win again. an 8th place finish. Still on the podium, but far from impressive.

Btw, to qualify for the NCAA's you simply need to be 33/77. So you almost have a fifty percent chance of qualifying. Sadly, It's never been easier in history.

So I'm ridiculous? I'm not the one mocking 2 members of our wrestling team who haven't even wrestled a B1G match yet!!! And let me tell you right now.. NO ONE LUCKS THEIR WAY TO BEING A 2 TIME AA!! The fact that you actually believe a case can be made for that shows just how clueless you really are!!

So I'm ridiculous? I'm not the one mocking 2 members of our wrestling team who haven't even wrestled a B1G match yet!!! And let me tell you right now.. NO ONE LUCKS THEIR WAY TO BEING A 2 TIME AA!! The fact that you actually believe a case can be made for that shows just how clueless you really are!!

Not true, sometimes luck plays a major factor. It's a tough sport. You need the breaks to go your way, and sometimes it comes down to luck. It's a nuanced position for sure, but I think I put together a strong case, despite your shortcomings with regards to reading comprehension.

Not true, sometimes luck plays a major factor. It's a tough sport. You need the breaks to go your way, and sometimes it comes down to luck. It's a nuanced position for sure, but I think I put together a strong case, despite your shortcomings with regards to reading comprehension.

You know what? I really could care less about your case with Perrotti... The fact that your totally ignorant of the fact that your mocking guys who haven't even wrestled a B1G match yet is very pathetic!!

Reactions: rondi
You know what? I really could care less about your case with Perrotti... The fact that your totally ignorant of the fact that your mocking guys who haven't even wrestled a B1G match yet is very pathetic!!

I'm not mocking guys, I'm giving you a realistic assessment. You're engaging in magical thinking. Neither Normandia nor Kremiller have given any indication that they're ready for the rigors of starting in the B10.

Neither guy placed at the NCO's. Goodale hasn't shown a track record of developing unranked or unregarded guys into All-Americans, outside of AP.

Can they do it. Sure they can, but it's highly unlikely.

AP beat who was in front of him in his path to becoming AA. He earned everything he got. He sucked weight his junior year and it showed in his performance. His senior year, Perrotti was much more consistent and capped off his career on the podium, well deserved.

AP beat who was in front of him in his path to becoming AA. He earned everything he got. He sucked weight his junior year and it showed in his performance. His senior year, Perrotti was much more consistent and capped off his career on the podium, well deserved.

Don't take this the wrong way, but when you make the podium as a sophomore and then DNP as a junior, let's just say that 8th place as a senior while laudable is not exactly good.

if Perrotti hadn't made the podium as a sophomore, then yes his 8th place finish would be seen in a different light.

a High School kid that placed as sophomore, then DNP'd as junior, that gets 8th place in the state as a senior is not going to be giddy about placing.

Obviously, High school is different than college, but I think you understand my point.

Gentlemen:

You're talking to a guy (El Curioso) who is on record as not only saying Goodale has done a "lousy" job at RU but that there is "no proof" to the contrary. Ignore this guy my friends he has no idea what he is talking about.

I'm not sure what his moniker was, prior to the last few months, but he has been on an anti-Goodale and anti-RU tear for a while now.

El Curioso: no one lucks out and becomes AA. perotti earned it. he was even injured and it's his strong determination that enabled him to even wrestle in the nationals. goodale cannot develop wrestlers? we sent 10 guys to the nationals, and that would not have been the case had goodale not good at developing wrestlers. lastly, rutgers wrestling will be strong even redshirting all the new guys, + redshirting lewis. mccabe, delvac, ash, theo, dip, bak, giraldo, gravina are only going to be better.

El Curioso: no one lucks out and becomes AA. perotti earned it. he was even injured and it's his strong determination that enabled him to even wrestle in the nationals. goodale cannot develop wrestlers? we sent 10 guys to the nationals, and that would not have been the case had goodale not good at developing wrestlers. lastly, rutgers wrestling will be strong even redshirting all the new guys, + redshirting lewis. mccabe, delvac, ash, theo, dip, bak, giraldo, gravina are only going to be better.

Obviously, the Geezer, Nuts, is too senile to have good reading comprehension, but c'mon RU93. Did I say that AP made the podium based solely on luck? Of course not.

Obviously, the Geezer, Nuts, is too senile to have good reading comprehension, but c'mon RU93. Did I say that AP made the podium based solely on luck? Of course not.

Seriously dude WTF is with the "geezer" shit? "Reading comprehension"? Everybody is free to go to page 3 of the linked thread where this moron calls Goody "horrible" while attempting to play the race card with Eddie Jordan (this is just a single instance of his disdain for Goodale along with, well, his ignorance):

"You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard."

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/id-like-to-see-eddie-get-another-year.78930/page-3

Seriously dude WTF is with the "geezer" shit? "Reading comprehension"? Everybody is free to go to page 3 of the linked thread where this moron calls Goody "horrible" while attempting to play the race card with Eddie Jordan (this is just a single instance of his disdain for Goodale along with, well, his ignorance):

"You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard."

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/id-like-to-see-eddie-get-another-year.78930/page-3

Keep posting Geezer. I stand by it. Double Standard is exactly what happened. I didn't mince words. And obviously you struggle with reading comprehension.

And yes, if Pritzlaff leaves, the program is in heaps of trouble. Because Pritzlaff is the key to our success not Goodale.

There I said it, and it simply cannot be refuted. Pritzlaff is the key to our success, not Goodale. And if push came to shove, we need to do whatever is necessary to keep Pritzlaff.

Keep posting Geezer. I stand by it. Double Standard is exactly what happened. I didn't mince words. And obviously you struggle with reading comprehension.

And yes, if Pritzlaff leaves, the program is in heaps of trouble. Because Pritzlaff is the key to our success not Goodale.

There I said it, and it simply cannot be refuted. Pritzlaff is the key to our success, not Goodale. And if push came to shove, we need to do whatever is necessary to keep Pritzlaff.

Please explain EXACTLY how I "struggle with reading comprehension"? You are beyond clueless, ignorant, and so full of shit it's almost laughable.

BTW - continually calling me "geezer" not only makes zero sense, but, makes you sound like a 12-year old. Maybe it's time to get out of mommy and daddy's basement?

Obrats:

Bonnacorsi is committed to Pitt.

I notice you don't have Kui on there - is this because you are assuming Ivy? If that is the case, there are a couple of other SRs on there you probably should remove.

No just an oversight by me on Kui, I will add him tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on him and Bonnacorsi.

I don't think Mulligan needs a redshirt. Given the schedule that he wrestled last year at BC, he's ready for D1.

He may be D1 ready, maybe, but you are changing you argument. B1G will most likely have:

Pfarr (Minnesota)
Cassar or McCutcheon (PSU)
Studebaker or White (Nebraska)
Possibly Brooks (Iowa)
Kollin Moore (tOSU)

Probably doubtful that he would be ready to beat even mid-tier B1G guys who have been in rooms like Striggow (Michigan) early in his true freshman year.

Then by the time you get through the dual season and are heading to NCAAs (if you qualify) you get guys like this on the national landscape:

Cox (Missori)
Downey (Iowa St)
Harner (Princeton)
Haught (VA Tech)
Rotert (S. Dakota St.)
Conel (Kent St)
Boykin or McDonald (NC State)
Wolfe (Rider)

You're either out of your mind or don't know college wrestling that well. Or you are counting on some incredible growth in a short time span.

He could very well NOT RS next year, but it won't be because it is going to give RU a better shot to win some duals next year.

197 is a man's weight at NCAAs. Mulligan is a fine prospect, but he's not Kyle Snyder or J'Den Cox. He's not even McIntosh or Camp coming out of HS. How did Lance Benick do this past season?

Last edited:
Those Guys will give up more Bonus Points than a Credit Card Company for a Frequent Flyer, lol.

This isn't mocking jackass?

I'm not mocking guys, I'm giving you a realistic assessment. You're engaging in magical thinking. Neither Normandia nor Kremiller have given any indication that they're ready for the rigors of starting in the B10.

Neither guy placed at the NCO's. Goodale hasn't shown a track record of developing unranked or unregarded guys into All-Americans, outside of AP.

Can they do it. Sure they can, but it's highly unlikely.

What magical thinking? I never laid a claim as to what these guys will even do.. I just asked you not to be a jackass by mocking them... Unfortunately, you keep having diarrhea of the mouth and cant stop talking out your ass!! For someone who claims they are still "learning" about the sport, you talk an awful lot of crap...

So about Perrotti. 3x NJ State Placer and NJ State Champ (only competed 3 years because he had to sit out a HS year). I know for a fact Coach Goodale wanted Perrotti very bad. Saw something in him that no one else saw. Coach Goodale mentored Perrotti along. Fresh year the kid wrestled 3 wt classes. Had to fill in when Mason pulled his bullshit. Fresh year went 41, 49 and tried to qualify at 57. RS FR year had a very decent year in open tourns. At same time killed it in the classroom getting a 4.0 GPA. So we start our RS Soph year. Won some lost some. But Perrotti did what no one else could do, he broke the round of 12. AA Thats right!!!! Did any of you Monday morning second guessers have him AAing!!!! I give you the answer NO!!!! I wont even get in to the talent he beat in his AA run. RS JR year you pick it was it a wt problem or the pressure got to him to repeat. My guess is wt was an issue. Focused on wt and not enough focus on technique. So RS SR he jumps up to 165. He gave you guys the excitement of you life. Little did you know in the match at the BIG TENs against Welch he hurt his ribs so bad. I thought his wrestling career was over. It was a very bad time for Anthony and our family!!! We did not even think he could even compete in the NCAAs. Most of you have no idea what the RU training staff did to get him ready to compete. What he does after losing a tough match against Wilson and grinds it out to AA is Amazing!!! After the Brennan match he txted me and told me he hurt my ribs bad again. He told me after the NCAAs that his opponent would have to shot him to stop him from AAing. To be honest I thought he was good enough to be top 5. Well it did not happen that way. So how many of you who post on this forum are a NJ State Champ and a 2xAA. Only two are Donnie P and AA on the RUTeam who can claim this feat never mind this forum. So some of you experts who are being critical need to back off!!! You have no clue what it takes to get to that level. So I guess you know who I am.

RUCreedo - My only problem with you is you said Perrotti faked his injury against Jordon at the Big Tens. You were so wrong Dude!!!

Do I need to post my name???? You should be lucky to have a son named AP!!!!

Last edited:
I wonder if Lewis will redshirt. My opinion is he should, and come back even stronger and make a run for the title in 2018 at 157, which I think is his best weight. I'm thining Martinez and Nolf may be in higher weight class by then, clearing path for him a bit (although there are still so many good wrestlers).

Your son got NJ Wrestling and Rutgers together and he did it with a 4.0 GPA and also battle huge injuries to become a 2 time AA. We are so proud of your son.Mr Pernetti. Very special. Should have a banner in his name at the RAC

So about Perrotti. 3x NJ State Placer and NJ State Champ (only competed 3 years because he had to sit out a HS year). I know for a fact Coach Goodale wanted Perrotti very bad. Saw something in him that no one else saw. Coach Goodale mentored Perrotti along. Fresh year the kid wrestled 3 wt classes. Had to fill in when Mason pulled his bullshit. Fresh year went 41, 49 and tried to qualify at 57. RS FR year had a very decent year in open tourns. At same time killed it in the classroom getting a 4.0 GPA. So we start our RS Soph year. Won some lost some. But Perrotti did what no one could do he broke the round of 12. AA Thats right!!!! Did any of you Monday morning second guessers have him AA!!!! I give you the answer NO!!!! I wont even get in to the talent he beat in his AA run. RS JR year you pick it was it a wt problem or the pressure got to him to repeat. My guess is wt was an issue. Focused on wt and no focus on technique. So RS SR he jumps up to 165. He gave you guys the excitement of you life. Little did you know in the match at the BIG TENs against Welch he hurt his ribs so bad. I thought his wrestling career was over. It was a very bad time for Anthony and our family!!! We did not even think he could even compete in the NCAAs. Most of you fools have no idea what the RU training staff did to get him to compete. What he does after losing a tough match against Wilson to grinds it out to AA is Amazing!!! After the Brennan match he txted me and told me he hurt my ribs bad again. He told me after the NCAAs that his oppenent would have to shot him to stop him from AAing To be honest I thought he was good enough to be top 5. Well it did not happen that way. So how many of you who post on this forum are a NJ State Champ and a 2AA. Only two are Donnie P and AA on the RU Team never mind this forum. So the rest of you Monday experts need to back off!!! You have no clue what it takes to get to that level. So I guess you know who I am.

Creedo My only problem with you is you said Perrotti fake his injury against Jordon at the Big Tens. You were so wrong Dude!!!

Do I need to past my name???? You should be lucky to have a son named AP!!!!

Mr. Perrotti - we (99% of us here) are a BIG fan of your son! He's an absolutely amazing student athlete who represented our university gloriously! And what he said in his interview after getting his 2nd AA was truly memorable (giving credits to the wrestlers who came before him was as classy as it comes). And during the duals, he is just an amazing team member and a leader - it's truly a privilege to have cheered for AP for the last 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT