ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Wrestling Tournament Thread, 10am/SUNDAY Noon , BTN + :

Really wish we had dislike buttons...probably the smart move...nothing to be gained as his seeding was probably set at #2 or #3.

Reactions: RUpop
If I was a fan travelling and spending a lot of money, I might be a bit upset. But the Flo commentators said mid week they expected both Nolf and Suriano to only wrestle one match each. Oh well.

Honestly I have only been following this sport closely for the last four years or so and I am almost done with it. They need to find a way to make everything prior to the nationals more important. It’s like pre season baseball for the whole season. Terrible for the sport.

Bannister curse is still alive

Bannister wins 6-5
only had 2 stall calls against him

Bannister has a strategy & uses it to his advantage. Runs around until finally gets the stall warning. Works for couple of points to build a lead. Goes back to running around and doesn’t care about opponent getting stall point because won’t affect his win. Fully aware of his points and what he can get away with. I’ll give him that he’s quick & a smart wrestler.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: koleszar
Great Lewis and Van Brill will be wrestling at the same time.

There's no moral victories, but it's nice for him to know that he has the ability to beat IMar and he gets another shot at Marinelli in a situation that literally doesn't matter except for NCAA seeding.

We're not even going to finish in the top 10. I know, I know Suriano this or Suriano that. Fact is nobody expected that low a place. Nobody is exceeding and some are not meeting their seeds. This is disappointing and a bad showing.

What the f*^+!!!! Suriano is screwed.
Why is he screwed?
We're not even going to finish in the top 10. I know, I know Suriano this or Suriano that. Fact is nobody expected that low a place. This is disappointing and a bad showing.
Stop. Fact is without Suriano we weren't finishing high, so why are you surprised and acting like we have all this other talent to pick up the slack and loss of a likely B1G champ?

Reactions: TRU2RU
Rutgers Wrestling‏@RUWrestling 2h2 hours ago

157 | TICKET PUNCHED
1f39f.png
! No. 8 John Van Brill wins by decision over Jake Tucker (Michigan State), 5-2, to secure his trip to nationals and earn a spot on the @bigten podium!

Why is he screwed?

Stop. Fact is without Suriano we weren't finishing high, so why are you surprised and acting like we have all this other talent to pick up the slack and loss of a likely B1G champ?
Funny you left out the part where I said guys aren't exceeding or meeting their seeds. Didn't think we were going to place high but not even in the top10 is disappointing. When guys don't meet their expected seeds it's a disappointment. You do know why they are seeded right? When you have none exceed those seeds like many other teams are that's a disappointment as well. So yes it's a surprise that we aren't in the Top fvcking 10.

Reactions: gogs7
I'm guessing we send 6 to the NCAAs. Suriano, Del Vech, DeLuca, JVB, Lewis and Gravina.. Maybe Grello is on the bubble for an at large.

It wasn't that long ago we sent all 10. But Ashnault gets hurt, Mulligan and Gross just didn't work out. Grello is close, maybe next year.

We're not even going to finish in the top 10. I know, I know Suriano this or Suriano that. Fact is nobody expected that low a place. Nobody is exceeding and some are not meeting their seeds. This is disappointing and a bad showing.
This is a wrestling thread, no whining allowed

Reactions: RUpop
Question. I was watching so many things at one time. Did NS step on the mat in semis. Someone txted me and said he was down 2 0. Then. Mff. I could not tell. Things happened so fast.

Reactions: rbh134
Funny you left out the part where I said guys aren't exceeding or meeting their seeds. Didn't think we were going to place high but not even in the top10 is disappointing. When guys don't meet their expected seeds it's a disappointment. You do know why they are seeded right? When you have none exceed those seeds like many other teams are that's a disappointment as well. So yes it's a surprise that we aren't in the Top fvcking 10.
I didn't leave anything out. You think Rutgers always has to wrestle to its seed or its a huge disappointment and you throw a tantrum just like all the people on nj.com and various Facebook groups. Wrestlers on all teams at all levels fail to wrestle to seed. That's why they wrestle the matches. Upsets are normal and many aren't real upsets. Be realistic.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Rutgers Wrestling‏@RUWrestling 1m1 minute ago

We still have Michael Van Brill going in a little while against Javier Gasca III (Michigan State). The match will go towards NCAA at-large qualification points.

I didn't leave anything out. You think Rutgers always has to wrestle to its seed or its a huge disappointment and you throw a tantrum just like all the people on nj.com and various Facebook groups. Wrestlers on all teams at all levels fail to wrestle to seed. That's why they wrestle the matches. Upsets are normal and many aren't real upsets. Be realistic.
Let’s not point any fingers. Keep it positive. This the BIGs. Anything can happen. So many upsets just keep the faith. Please!!!!

Reactions: plcoolg
This is a wrestling thread, no whining allowed
OK I'm done. I just didn't expect an 11th out of 14 team place. To me 11th out of 14 isn't very good. I thought RU was better and would exceed expectations.

One thing I think is a certain take away is, to never believe anything , any coach has to say about the injury or health status of a wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT