ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets & seeds for all four NJSIAA Regional Wrestling Championships

Weaver won and advanced to states finishing 3rd in his region. He got a quick takedown and the other wrestler appeared to injure his knee and medically forfeited match.

Reactions: MS-RU
Soldano with the pin at 1:37 of the 3rd. He was up 12-0 at the time. Very workmanlike performance with lots of tilts before getting the fall.

Reactions: MS-RU
O'Donnell won his first 3 matches by fall and will face Szuba in the finals. He lost to him earlier in the year, so let's see if he can get some payback.

Szuba has been great the last year or so, and it got him highly ranked. It would be tough to see him go to Rider if Hamilton doesn't work out by sticking solely to football.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
O'Donnell beats Szuba 5-1. Got a late TD in the 3rd to ice it and win the region!

Edit - I missed the back points earlier, I thought they called potentially dangerous but I guess he got swipes before that. Huge win for him and hopefully he can repeat it next weekend!

Willie has Szuba ranked #1 in country after Hamilton's recent loss and Flo has him at #10.

Last edited:
O'Donnell beats Szuba 3-1 with a late TD in the 3rd to win the region!
O’Donnell is BIG. He must be close to 285. He is not a lumbering dancing bear either. He moves well and he tries for shots and turns. I thought he nearly pulled Szubas shoulder off when he ws going for the turn. i was definitely impressed by him. There may very well be a rematch in the State Finals.

Reactions: Leonard23 and MS-RU
O’Donnell is BIG. He must be close to 285. He is not a lumbering dancing bear either. He moves well and he tries for shots and turns. I thought he nearly pulled Szubas shoulder off when he ws going for the turn. i was definitely impressed by him. There may very well be a rematch in the State Finals.

Yeah, I agree. I had not seen him wrestle prior to today, but I was impressed as well. Was super aggressive and strong as hell. Hopefully this wasn't a one time ordeal and he can take home the state championship next week.

I haven’t seen Szuba wrestle this year and I know he’s improved but man I have a lot of trouble believing he’s even remotely close to the #1 heavyweight in the country. He lost to Epperly I think twice last year.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
I haven’t seen Szuba wrestle this year and I know he’s improved but man I have a lot of trouble believing he’s even remotely close to the #1 heavyweight in the country. He lost to Epperly I think twice last year.

It seems that weight has been a revolving door all across the country this year, no one can hold it down or separate from the pack. Everyone is beating everyone at different points. There are probably like 7-8 top guys who are all relatively interchangeable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT