ADVERTISEMENT

Camden - Manasquan

First off, because your by-laws clearly say that you
Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

Yes.

And your idiotic analogy falls vastly short, and shows the pains you've gotta go through to justify the unjustifiable. Like seriously, do you guys wake up in the morning and start the day by slamming your heads into the wall just for good intellectual output?!

Judgement calls in fouls in the middle of the game, that could result in infinite possibilities is not in the same frigging subdivision as an indisputable clock issue that decisively, 100%, beyond ANY doubt ever, easily, objectively, undeniably decides a winner a loser without any other outcome possible.
^^^ Nailed it.
if there's ever been a result that needed to be reversed....and could be done easily...this game was it. As one of my friends said "Hey...it's New Jersey. No surprise."

I'm not advocating that they change the outcome...but, you certainly are peddling the fact that the Camden coach and AD did nothing wrong...Am I wrong?
You're wrong...I don't like the Camden coach going that aggressively towards an official (and especially hate seeing him putting a hand on him, though I did see it as more of a "tap" than a "forced him back"). I didn't see any big issues with their AD, except that I'd like to see him do a better job getting his coaches back to the bench rather than pleading his case.

You're wrong...I don't like the Camden coach going that aggressively towards an official (and especially hate seeing him putting a hand on him, though I did see it as more of a "tap" than a "forced him back"). I didn't see any big issues with their AD, expect that I'd like to see him do a better job getting his coaches back to the bench rather than pleading his case.
This is the 'impediment' that was being discussed. Much like 'leaving the court/playing area' was discussed in detail, 'impede' doesn't just mean to 'physically block'; it is to impair/delay progress. In my opinion that clearly happened; I don't know how anyone who sees the video could say otherwise. The officials also did not seem to make any indication they were reviewing the call prior to this sequence. They would have been better off at least going to the scorer's table for a huddle after the buzzer.

...I think a lot needs to be cleaned up/adjusted here, from how the officials handled the tail end of the game to how to make improvements so that officials can't be 'rushed upon' and badgered in situations like this.

Joe P.

Reactions: RUinOhio
I think a lot needs to be cleaned up/adjusted here, from how the officials handled the tail end of the game to how to make improvements so that officials can't be 'rushed upon' and badgered in situations like this.
As I mentioned in another post, I'm sure that a lot will be analyzed/learned from this, both in basketball and across other sports.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Keep hoping and wishing a call will be reversed days later please tell me when u have seen that in sports
Every day we see things in sports that we've never seen before.
Why should they not be able to reverse a bad call that was made that changed a correct one to a wrong one...one that directly and immediately affected the outcome of the game ?
There's never been a situation like this that everyone could see so directly impacted the result of the game and which team advanced in the state tournament.
BTW, I was wondering if the whole "can't change the result" claim applied to a team's use of an ineligible player during the game ?

Why should they not be able to reverse a bad call that was made that changed a correct one to a wrong one...one that directly and immediately affected the outcome of the game ?
There's never been a situation like this that everyone could see so directly impacted the result of the game and which team advanced in the state tournament.
BTW, I was wondering if the whole "can't change the result" claim applied to a team's use of an ineligible player during the game ?
There are already legal precedents for NJSIAA 'procedural violations' by teams/schools leading to overturned wins; there is no precedent for overturning a win based on an incorrect call by game officials (and it would likely be a very slippery slope if we started going in that direction).

Joe P.

Because if u start overturning games when will it stop lol every coach would provide video of bad calls or missed in the final minute begging for games to be overturned it will be never ending. Having illegal players and Refs making a bad call are two different things. Going foward what would be the point of having refs people would question every call they would lose any type of control they have as a ref

There are already legal precedents for NJSIAA 'procedural violations' by teams/schools leading to overturned wins; there is no precedent for overturning a win based on an incorrect call by game officials.

Joe P.
This might well be a case that cries out for an overturning. Everybody can see that the call changed a correct one to the wrong one and gave the win to the team that scored fewer points in the damn game. Doesn't it do an injustice to the team that scored more points in the game and at the same time make the NJSIAA a national laughing stock ?

I think a lot of people are using a lot of words and selective observations of video clips when they could simply say "Manasquan got a horrible deal and I don't like it" (which is how I feel). Or they could say calmly that they feel it's extremely important to do what it takes to facilitate replay review in high school sports.

I'm not sure what a lot people in this thread are advocating...

This might well be a case that cries out for an overturning. Everybody can see that the call changed a correct one to the wrong one and gave the win to the team that scored fewer points in the damn game. Doesn't it do an injustice to the team that scored more points in the game and at the same time make the NJSIAA a national laughing stock ?
The legal issue here would be what statute gives a judge the right to 'overrule' the NJSIAA, especially since the NJSIAA has their own policies that are supposed to address these issues? A judge can maybe tell the NJSIAA that 'your response/policies are inadequate and need remediation' or maybe even 'you did not follow your own rules and are ordered to re-examine your decision' but I don't think they have the jurisdiction to overturn a game result.

Joe P.

U keep making the same dumb point lol you can't overturn a game that's already played. Haven't u seen games end on bad calls in sports before? You can't double back and give the other team the win after it happens.
I 100% believe you would have the opposite reaction if the teams were reversed.

Reactions: Kbee3
I'm not in favor of overturning on-court results.

But one thing that came to mind was the "Pine Tar" game from the early eighties. That game was definitely in the books, but then the end was replayed (with a different outcome I'm pretty sure; Yankees fans can confirm:-) )...

I 100% believe you would have the opposite reaction if the teams were reversed.
Wrong because I go into every game knowing refs miss calls there human. I guess u missed the 10 other post I made about that.

Please show me where somebody has done that in sports u won't lol keep living in a fantasy sports world
Yes. It is tough to think truth and integrity would matter in the world of basketball.
You are a prime example of that.

Reactions: Kbee3
Yes. It is tough to think truth and integrity would matter in the world of basketball.
You are a prime example of that.
We have that it's called replay lol wrong again keep talking and throwing out false statements

I'm not in favor of overturning on-court results.

But one thing that came to mind was the "Pine Tar" game from the early eighties. That game was definitely in the books, but then the end was replayed (with a different outcome I'm pretty sure; Yankees fans can confirm:-) )...
And I think this is a bit different and disagree with Politi.

This wasn’t merely a bad call. That’s part of the game.

It was the reversal of a good call that is so problematic and if it only occurred because a Camden Official approached the refs?

Wrong because I go into every game knowing refs miss calls there human. I guess u missed the 10 other post I made about that.
This was a special situation. The correct call was made and then afterwards changed to an incorrect one. Everyone can see that. And it directly affected the outcome of the game and who was advancing in the state tournament and who was going home.
There would be no need to resume the game at the point where the incident happened... because the game was over.....after the Manasquan kid had scored to win the game.
This whole situation slams the integrity of the NJSIAA. It's amazing that some people are more worried about setting some imaginary precedent than doing the right thing by the Manasquan kids.

Reactions: G- RUnit
BTW, I was wondering if the whole "can't change the result" claim applied to a team's use of an ineligible player during the game

affects the outcome of the game in some way

Kingz made a point about coaching needing to be better and getting your team to play well consistently throughout the entire game and I agree. That noted, this doesn't mean that officiating and its process/procedures do not need to improve as well. That last sequence was an almost unprecedented breakdown on multiple levels that absolutely needs to be addressed, not just 'yeah, it was a mistake, oh well'. I'm not saying the officials should be publicly shamed or anything like that; that noted, the NJSIAA needs to do everything they can to try to ensure that the sequence of events that happened after that game ended should never occur again.

Joe P.
I agree. Move on and try to ensure it doesn't happen again, changing rules if needed. See Tuck Rule

This was a special situation. The correct call was made and then afterwards changed to an incorrect one. Everyone can see that. And it directly affected the outcome of the game and who was advancing in the state tournament and who was going home.
There would be no need to resume the game at the point where the incident happened... because the game was over.....after the Manasquan kid had scored to win the game.
This whole situation slams the integrity of the NJSIAA. It's amazing that some people are more worried about setting some imaginary precedent than doing the right thing by the Manasquan kids.
This would do nothing but open up the flood gates for coaches to complain about games.

Because if u start overturning games when will it stop lol every coach would provide video of bad calls or missed in the final minute begging for games to be overturned it will be never ending. Having illegal players and Refs making a bad call are two different things. Going foward what would be the point of having refs people would question every call they would lose any type of control they have as a ref
No that is not true an overstatement of the actual facts why people are upset. There was way to much inner circle banter going on with those who most likely were not coaches of both teams. The governor himself made a statement about the games outcome. This isn’t about the players of either team. It isn’t about other factors some tried to insert into the issue. It was how pathetic this win/ loss decision change resulted in one team ( doesn’t matter whom) being wrongfully deprived at some sense of accomplishment… It was only a high school game but how would you have reacted if it was your son’s or daughter’s team ? I still laugh when I read things like” it’s a life learning lesson?” What is that lesson? How to see nothing in life is guaranteed. That the shot clock didn’t matter this time but guaranteed it will be a part of games in the future.That it is ok to be incompetent when you’re an umpire or referee. There is a huge difference between missing a call and changing a win to a loss.

No that is not true an overstatement of the actual facts why people are upset. There was way to much inner circle banter going on with those who most likely were not coaches of both teams. The governor himself made a statement about the games outcome. This isn’t about the players of either team. It isn’t about other factors some tried to insert into the issue. It was how pathetic this win/ loss decision change resulted in one team ( doesn’t matter whom) being wrongfully deprived at some sense of accomplishment… It was only a high school game but how would you have reacted if it was your son’s or daughter’s team ? I still laugh when I read things like” it’s a life learning lesson?” What is that lesson? How to see nothing in life is guaranteed. That the shot clock didn’t matter this time but guaranteed it will be a part of games in the future.That it is ok to be incompetent when you’re an umpire or referee. There is a huge difference between missing a call and changing a win to a loss.
Why do people keep saying if your child was involved blah blah blah. Yes I would have the same response we know refs mess up. Is this situation horrible absolutely. They need replay in state playoff games but to overturn a game day later to me does more harm.

Reactions: tico brown
I agree. Move on and try to ensure it doesn't happen again, changing rules if needed. See Tuck Rule
A *LOT* needs to change. I think the NJSIAA's public response thus far has been lousy. Their statement of 'yes, a big mistake was made and we know Manasquan is mad but rules are rules' comes across as disingenuous, hypocritical and lacking responsibility; it further perpetuates the 'disorganized, toothless mess' reputation it already has with many across the state and makes them look even worse to a now-national audience. The public statement should have expressed remorse regarding the error, offered support to both teams, noted they are following well-established protocols and will be reviewing everything in detail to make any necessary changes to try and prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Joe P.

Why do people keep saying if your child was involved blah blah blah. Yes I would have the same response we know refs mess up. Is this situation horrible absolutely. They need replay in state playoff games but to overturn a game day later to me does more harm.
Why? Because that is what parents, brothers , sisters, grandma and grandpa’ s do. Evidently you don’t have children or you would not have had to ask the question of to WHY.?

Why? Because that is what parents, brothers , sisters, grandma and grandpa’ s do. Evidently you don’t have children or you would not have had to ask the question of to WHY.?
Nothing in sports is perfect u know that as a adult that's why it's best to clearly beat your opponent so the refs can't be deciding factor.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Unfortunately in this case, rules are rules. I wouldn't expect or think Camden should bow out and take the L any more than OSU should have given us the win last year on the blown call.

c’est la vie
I agree. Good life lesson actually. Most things aren't fair.

Nothing in sports is perfect u know that as an adult that's why it's best to clearly beat your opponent so the refs can't be deciding factor.
Clearly beating an opponent is nice but there are more games which are decided by much closer margins especially in basketball… men’s and women’s are prime examples.

Clearly beating an opponent is nice but there are more games which are decided by much closer margins especially in basketball… men’s and women’s are prime examples.
If u say so clearly beat your opponent and don't cry when a human misses a call

No I don’t hate Camden. I don’t care one way or the other who won the game. Personally, I fall on the side of ‘bad call’ that should not be reversed.

I’m still on your ‘if the tables were turned and Camden lost in the same way then most people here would not have their panties in a bunch bitching that the wrong team won’, which to me smells of a racist view you are alleging people here have.

Not me. I don’t see anything fishy. Bad call at the worst time, same as our OSU non call last year.
OK, where was the outrage when Woodrow Wilson was robbed on the last play of the game vs Cedar Creek, which last I looked, doesn’t have the same demographics as Manasquan? They were told to get over it and they eventually got over it and didn’t even have to hire a lawyer or whatever, you simple hypocrite.

good to see the call stand - overturning it would’ve been more absurd than making the wrong call

Now each team can turn forward and learn a great lesson from this experience.

Tico You’re contradicting yourself. So now the outrage here IS due to racism ? Changed your mind ? Which is it ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT