ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Tracking the NET: now 102

bart, when removing preseason bias...
Overall 113
RU offensive efficiency .968 points per possession 291st (beyond awful)
RU defensive efficiency .912 PPP 14th

Absolutely crazy we can be 14th and DREB as bad as we have.

We are 324th in DREB% (that doesnt adjust for opponent)
6th in D TO% 24.1%
8th in 2pt% D 40.9%
10th in block % 16.4%

250th in adjusted tempo 67.6 possessions per game (we play fast, NOT!)

Ship will be corrected, but realistically now looking like an NIT season..
But looking back at our 2004 NIT final run, 2 of the teams we beat Villanova & West Virginia went on to Sweet Sixteen & Elite Eight NCAA runs the next year.
So stop worrying about next year. Pre-season top 15 and lock for tournament

But looking back at our 2004 NIT final run, 2 of the teams we beat Villanova & West Virginia went on to Sweet Sixteen & Elite Eight NCAA runs the next year.
I like the way you think Sir Java of Dunk! 😄

Reactions: JavaDunk18
Free Fall Falling GIF by Dot Cromwell

bart, when removing preseason bias...
Overall 113
RU offensive efficiency .968 points per possession 291st (beyond awful)
RU defensive efficiency .912 PPP 14th

Absolutely crazy we can be 14th and DREB as bad as we have.

We are 324th in DREB% (that doesnt adjust for opponent)
6th in D TO% 24.1%
8th in 2pt% D 40.9%
10th in block % 16.4%

250th in adjusted tempo 67.6 possessions per game (we play fast, NOT!)
Very interesting ….

The adjusted temp stat is partially down because we keep giving up so many Oreb that we are not getting as many possessions

Curious , can you easily sort out the three losses and see what the defensive stats were in those three games ?

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Given the state of NIL, there's zero chance you'd see me predicting anything about future seasons ever again.

You all can stop tracking that stuff for this season. We will struggle to crack .500

The team is a train wreck against any team with a pulse. They look Eddie Jordan era bad. That doesn't magically change in 2 weeks.

Very interesting ….

The adjusted temp stat is partially down because we keep giving up so many Oreb that we are not getting as many possessions

Curious , can you easily sort out the three losses and see what the defensive stats were in those three games ?
not good...in games against top 100....those ones
def eff 1.027 PPP or 155th
our D stats are strong by beating the "defensive spread" by a lot in the cupcakes

adjusted deff eff
princeton 1.00 PPP
BU .825
bryant .856
gtown .816
howard .927
st pete .749
Illiois 1.033
wake 1.049

So let’s assume no Mag. What can we otherwise do to improve the rebounding? That’s the question Pike needs to answer. Lots of issues, but we cannot be the 324th best rebounding team (unadjusted for our weak schedule no less) and have any chance of competing. There are other problems - but nothing more glaring than this one because we’re certainly not good enough at anything else to overcome it.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I’d be shocked if we’re an NIT team. Feel like that would require 8ish conference wins, which i think we’ll be hard pressed to achieve

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I know it’s too early to write the team off, but I’ve already passed the anger portion of grieving and am headed towards acceptance. This is not a team that can make a big run as currently constructed. Will they win a few games they shouldn't? Probably!

Will they be a basket away from making the sweet 16, no and that’s ok. It happens.

While it likely won’t matter there are so many winnable games left on the schedule. The next 4 can all be won. In league, Iowa, Mich St, PSU, Michigan, Minnesota and Maryland either are not good or are playing bad basketball. Indiana and Nebraska who knows. The rest seem out of reach for this group. FWIW there is a path to 18+ wins without beating the better teams in the league.

Have to hope Mag comes back soon and it makes a big difference inside and in rebounding. Not expecting NCAAs this year, but would hope to get to NIT and not finish bottom 4 in the Big Ten.

Reactions: Scangg
I don't understand how the team in pike's year one is better than this team pike himself put together

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
While it likely won’t matter there are so many winnable games left on the schedule. The next 4 can all be won. In league, Iowa, Mich St, PSU, Michigan, Minnesota and Maryland either are not good or are playing bad basketball. Indiana and Nebraska who knows. The rest seem out of reach for this group. FWIW there is a path to 18+ wins without beating the better teams in the league.
I hope you’re correct but as of today I don’t see this happening. Wake was supposedly a “winnable game”

I don't understand how the team in pike's year one is better than this team pike himself put together
Because two of the players he expected to have on the team left when it was too late for Pike to have good options to replace them.
This is a very different team with those 2 guys.
This team has no leadership or guts. Cam at least had heart!

Hopefully we can play some respectable basketball. There are some mediocre teams in the B1G this year so hopefully we can grab some wins, but we’re not gonna score enough.

I hope you’re correct but as of today I don’t see this happening. Wake was supposedly a “winnable game”

Oh I'm “hoping” too. Haha. Team hasn’t done anything yet to give us confidence they can win against real competition.

Still way too early to be worried about NET. We finished with a NET of 40 last year and got left out so it’s not the Bible for making the NCAA tournament by any means

Reading this thread of overreactions, when it has happened this way each of the last 3 years, is just silly.

It doesn't solve the offensive ratings or anything, but the staff at least changed things this year with the roster makeup and lineups yesterday.

Ironically, we now need Seton Hall to actually improve and get better this year and have to beat Mississippi State and assume that they are a NCAA tournament team too. I don't think SHU has any chance of making the NCAAs, at 0-4 vs Iowa, USC, Baylor and RU, but if they can win 9 Big East games (it's a very top-heavy league), then the SHU win will help.

Reading this thread of overreactions, when it has happened this way each of the last 3 years, is just silly.

It doesn't solve the offensive ratings or anything, but the staff at least changed things this year with the roster makeup and lineups yesterday.

Ironically, we now need Seton Hall to actually improve and get better this year and have to beat Mississippi State and assume that they are a NCAA tournament team too. I don't think SHU has any chance of making the NCAAs, at 0-4 vs Iowa, USC, Baylor and RU, but if they can win 9 Big East games (it's a very top-heavy league), then the SHU win will help.
We should all be SHU fans the rest of the year, no doubt.

#51 Villanova(5-4) already has 3 Q3 losses, @ 190 Penn, vs 83 St Joe's and N 132 Drexel. If you go by the reasoning we were left out, I guess they can't lose another Q3 or Q4. It leaves no room for error because I don't think any of those Q3 losses become Q2s.

#51 Villanova(5-4) already has 3 Q3 losses, @ 190 Penn, vs 83 St Joe's and N 132 Drexel. If you go by the reasoning we were left out, I guess they can't lose another Q3 or Q4. It leaves no room for error because I don't think any of those Q3 losses become Q2s.

Nova is 3-1 in q1/2 and has quality win over UNC. Big difference.

Rutgers absolutely needs to beat Mississippi State unless people are confident RU will go 12-7 in conference play the rest of the way. Big plus for Rutgers is no bad losses this year. A big help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT