ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Day 2 - Big Ten Tournament Updates

Watching the 133 lb wrestlers this weekend I believe Suriano would have won another NCAA title had he been back. If by some chance he did come back next year I don’t see him going 125 with Fix and Lee looking so strong.

Watching the 133 lb wrestlers this weekend I believe Suriano would have won another NCAA title had he been back. If by some chance he did come back next year I don’t see him going 125 with Fix and Lee looking so strong.
Suriano doesn’t duck anyone so he will go the weight he feels he will wrestle best... although a bracket with Suriano, Lee, and Fix would be insane

Haha, I was just posting this, too.

Since when does Nick ever duck? He goes where his body/mind tells him, not who he will be potentially up against. That narrative changes anyway depending on injuries & bump ups or downs. Last year, 133 was super stacked, including with Fix, and Nick won it all. I’m not implying you don’t ever look at the line up, but it’s not the sole deciding factor by any means.

Go RU!
Diane

Suriano doesn’t duck anyone so he will go the weight he feels he will wrestle best... although a bracket with Suriano, Lee, and Fix would be insane

Suriano will be in a bracket with Lee and maybe Fix , depending on his possible “issue”, not to mention others , on April 4 at the Olympic Trials.

Reactions: R U Crazy and rondi
Suriano will be in a bracket with Lee and maybe Fix , depending on his possible “issue”, not to mention others , on April 4 at the Olympic Trials.
If Lee is in the Olympic trials also how is it that he is wresting all season for Iowa and in the NCAA's and Suriano was away from the team all year?

If you win the Natty this year, you auto qual for Olympic Trials. That was another route Nick could have taken (i.e., go win a Natty) vs. taking an olympic redshirt year and earn the qualification through tournaments, like Nick chose to do. I’m not very knowledgeable on the subject. Olympic Trials are at PSU in April. But, I believe there may be another way or two to try out for the team as well...second chance. I can’t keep up with it all.

Go RU!
Diane

There is the Last Chance tourney at Millersville soon for those that have not qualified. Nicky has already qualified for the trials. Ashnault would have gone there if he did not win the Pan Ams. The trials are the determining factor as to who represents the US on the Olympic wrestling team

Reactions: TRU2RU and rondi
So, your source told you that every other B1G school initially offers their season ticket holders up to 12 tickets. Okay, I'll take their word for that.

You're not dense and stop playing stupid, I laid the whole thing out for you in an earlier post. But I'll reiterate and bold the important parts so you can understand better.

Initial offer was 4 tickets per season ticket account.(not to be confused with amount of season ticket holders) Almost two months later once everyone sent back their unused alloctaion(yes psu was a part of this) a season ticket account was able to purchase up to 8 more tickets depending on availability.

I have no idea what psu did with their allotment, but apparently you and Matter aren't big enough big shots to have been included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cradle99 and rondi
Bill, were your seats all together or split up in different locations? Asking for a friend, LOL.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Your not dense and stop playing stupid, I laid the whole thing out for you in an earlier post. But I'll reiterate and bold the important parts so you can understand better.

Initial offer was 4 tickets per season ticket account.(not to be confused with amount of season ticket holders) Almost two months later once everyone sent back their unused alloctaion(yes psu was a part of this) a season ticket account was able to purchase up to 8 more tickets depending on availability.

I have no idea what psu did with their allotment, but apparently you and Matter aren't big enough big shots to have been included.
This is great. Rondi assures us that season ticket holders could only get 8, then Bill chips in and says he got 12. And, you won't say how many you got.

Time for a little education here. The big 10 does not allocate large blocks of seats for fans, the way the NCAA does. The allocation that you're talking about is a very small allocation for wrestlers families and probably a few more for people like coach's wives. That's it. So, these snide comments about not being a big shot are meaningless.

Now, let's do some math. You were offered four tickets, initially, because you are a season ticket holder. If there are 3000 season tickets, let's say the average account has 3 tickets, so that is 1000 × 4 = 4000. Four more would make it 8000, selling out the arena.

Ultimately, what this boils down to isn't how Rutgers handled it. It's that the arena may be too small for the event.

And, don't compare me to matter. You know I'm not that bad. :Wink:

Reactions: koleszar
Matter is mad at Rutgers because he couldn’t get the liquor contract. He can’t afford to move from the Mount Tabor area and blames it on Rutgers. Most wrestling fans are great and support the sport. It is possible to cheer for your team without bashing other teams. Most Rutgers fans (not necessarily posters) admired Penn Stste and Iowa and want to reach their level.

This is great. Rondi assures us that season ticket holders could only get 8, then Bill chips in and says he got 12. And, you won't say how many you got.

Time for a little education here. The big 10 does not allocate large blocks of seats for fans, the way the NCAA does. The allocation that you're talking about is a very small allocation for wrestlers families and probably a few more for people like coach's wives. That's it. So, these snide comments about not being a big shot are meaningless.

Now, let's do some math. You were offered four tickets, initially, because you are a season ticket holder. If there are 3000 season tickets, let's say the average account has 3 tickets, so that is 1000 × 4 = 4000. Four more would make it 8000, selling out the arena.

Ultimately, what this boils down to isn't how Rutgers handled it. It's that the arena may be too small for the event.

I got 12 total. 4 were allocated to psu douche fans that so happen to be friends. Still not sure how the hell that happened. But psu got their allocation and then some from me, the look on their faces after psu went 0-3 in the finals was priceless making it well worth it.

Reactions: rondi
I was wrong about the TOTAL of 12. However, no one got 12 in ONE location. I got 4+4, in different locations. When tickets were requested, RU never guaranteed the tickets and request would be filled based on availability. Said it right in the email.

Does anyone know if all the Big Championship Tourneys sell out at every arena every year? I really don’t know that answer. I go to the NCAAs but not the Big Tourney unless local.

Paw, are you going to the Olympic Trials, and if so, how many tickets did you get? Not busting your chops, just curious.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
I was wrong about the TOTAL of 12. However, no one got 12 in ONE location. I got 4+4, in different locations. When tickets were requested, RU never guaranteed the tickets and request would be filled based on availability. Said it right in the email.

Does anyone know if all the Big Championship Tourneys sell out at every arena every year? I really don’t know that answer. I go to the NCAAs but not the Big Tourney unless local.

Paw, are you going to the Olympic Trials, and if so, how many tickets did you get? Not busting your chops, just curious.

Go RU!
Diane
Well, now some of us appear to want to have an adult discussion. Thanks for that.

Yes, I am going to the trials. I didn't get any tickets myself, as i was living 1000 miles from State College when Cael arrived and Rec Hall sold out. At this point, in order to jump the line to guarantee the next pair of season tickets that comes available, I would need to give about $80,000 to PSU. So, I relied on a season ticket holder to get two for me. I believe they were able to get 8, max.

As far as B1G selling out, it is my understanding that this was the first year ever. I suspect it will be sold out again next year.

Well, now some of us appear to want to have an adult discussion. Thanks for that.

Yes, I am going to the trials. I didn't get any tickets myself, as i was living 1000 miles from State College when Cael arrived and Rec Hall sold out. At this point, in order to jump the line to guarantee the next pair of season tickets that comes available, I would need to give about $80,000 to PSU. So, I relied on a season ticket holder to get two for me. I believe they were able to get 8, max.

As far as B1G selling out, it is my understanding that this was the first year ever. I suspect it will be sold out again next year.

See, that’s where we differ as that comment doesn’t seem very adult like to me and seemed rather unnecessary. Adults would just have the conversation and move it forward. But, thanks for giving me your opinion.

Moving forward...similar situation to RU, it’s nice to see PSU season ticket holders have priority access, 8 max, to the Olympic Trials, which is sold out. I will take your word that the Olympic wrestlers’ families will now be given enough tickets to see their sons. That’ll be a win-win and everyone will be happy.

I really didn’t know that about the Big tourneys so thanks for enlightening me. I am not surprised RU/NJ would sell out an 8K seating arena. We do that for some RU home matches alone. The NJ high school championship was same weekend down in AC. Boy, if that wasn’t, it would be crazy in demand. Final X was a hot ticket, too. While I understand and appreciate an argument for a larger arena to accommodate fans (even though larger arenas for Big don’t sell out), I just love that old RAC (size, warts & all) and the sound just carries.

Have fun at the Olympic Trials...will be one hell of a line up to watch.

Go RU!
Diane

PS. I have 4 total season tickets.

Last edited:
So funny, Mike. I was just going to post that about the NCAA Tourney for both wrestling and MBB. I’m booked for wrestling and planned on leaving wrestling tournament to go wherever for MBB and then back/forth, if possible. I’m not sure what to do now, assuming it’s even on. Ugh.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Abro1975
So funny, Mike. I was just going to post that about the NCAA Tourney for both wrestling and MBB. I’m booked for wrestling and planned on leaving wrestling tournament to go wherever for MBB and then back/forth, if possible. I’m not sure what to do now, assuming it’s even on. Ugh.

Go RU!
Diane

Hope you got trip insurance, lol.
RU just told the NJSIAA they can't have the HS basketball championships at the RAC now :

https://www.njsiaa.org/events-news-media/news/njsiaa-basketball-tournament-update-31120

See, that’s where we differ as that comment doesn’t seem very adult like to me and seemed rather unnecessary. Adults would just have the conversation and move it forward. But, thanks for giving me your opinion.

Moving forward...similar situation to RU, it’s nice to see PSU season ticket holders have priority access, 8 max, to the Olympic Trials, which is sold out. I will take your word that the Olympic wrestlers’ families will now be given enough tickets to see their sons. That’ll be a win-win and everyone will be happy.

I really didn’t know that about the Big tourneys so thanks for enlightening me. I am not surprised RU/NJ would sell out an 8K seating arena. We do that for some RU home matches alone. The NJ high school championship was same weekend down in AC. Boy, if that wasn’t, it would be crazy in demand. Final X was a hot ticket, too. While I understand and appreciate an argument for a larger arena to accommodate fans (even though larger arenas for Big don’t sell out), I just love that old RAC (size, warts & all) and the sound just carries.

Have fun at the Olympic Trials...will be one hell of a line up to watch.

Go RU!
Diane

PS. I have 4 total season tickets.
The comment was directed at message 214.

Don't forget the Olympic trials include sons and daughters. At this point I have little confidence that I will be at nationals or at the Olympic trials. I think Corona virus is going to keep people out of those events.

That's why I pointed out you're not dense and nor stupid. I see matter playing the stupid and dense card on your site once again. Sorry for the comparison later in my post to him. Even your more educated posters call him out on his bullsh*t.

Last edited:
That's why I pointed out you're not dense and nor stupid. I see matter playing the stupid and dense card on your sight once again. Sorry for the comparison later in my post to him. Even your more educated posters call him out on his bullsh*t.
Yeah, that's happening more and more.

Your not dense and stop playing stupid, I laid the whole thing out for you in an earlier post. But I'll reiterate and bold the important parts so you can understand better.

ROFLMAO

Go RU!
Diane

Looks like the NCAA Championships are now closed to the public. Just coaches, family and staff.

Damn, Paw, I did forget to mention our USA wrestling daughters, too, my bad.

Abro, OMG, UGH! Is what it is, though. I’m (really) trying to put it in perspective. I have an autoimmune. Money means absolutely nothing without good health. It’s not like I can’t watch it on TV/Computer & scream at the refs from home or at a bar, LOL. I’m so sad & disappointed but life goes on. I am very proud of R five wrestlers going to the NCAA’s as well as this historic, fun-to-watch MBB team. They have my full support wherever I will be. #RULoud&Proud

Go RU!
Diane

At least the families should be able to attend...thankful for that much! Safe travels.

:Heart :Pray: :Praying:

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: pawrestlersintn

It’s hilarious to me that Penn State fans will come here, throw a backhanded comment at someone, and then get on a high horse and pretend like they’re being the polite ones. Get out of here with that garbage.

It’s hilarious to me that Penn State fans will come here, throw a backhanded comment at someone, and then get on a high horse and pretend like they’re being the polite ones. Get out of here with that garbage.
What do you consider my backhand comment? I thought most of my comments were pretty forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT