ADVERTISEMENT

Fast Takes on Teams on Our Early Schedule

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Message Board Genius Fodder or Truth?

1. Boston College sucks--their offense is awful

2. Wagner-no comment (Kargman is a decent QB)

3. Temple- big question mark, but a very likely win. Maybe Duke is pretty good?

4. Iowa- no offense, but no offense.

5. Nebraska- struggling right now with Georgia Southern after losing first game to Northwestern

6. Indiana losing to Idaho and 94 yards of offense middle of second quarter. We COULD start 6-1?

I'm going to admit I'm thinking the same but I think we're a year away from taking advantage of the mediocre-ness (not weakness) of some of our schedule.

But yeah you could make the case for beating Iowa at home, The Noids at home, Temple, Indy at home. Aw hell maybe steal the MD game for a bowl?

Nah.

Message Board Genius Fodder or Truth?

1. Boston College sucks--their offense is awful

2. Wagner-no comment (Kargman is a decent QB)

3. Temple- big question mark, but a very likely win. Maybe Duke is pretty good?

4. Iowa- no offense, but no offense.

5. Nebraska- struggling right now with Georgia Southern after losing first game to Northwestern
Boston College thinks they are better than their record. Just sad

I feel for Wagner

Duke is better than people expected. Temple is one of those non-believers who think Rutgers is worse than them.

Iowa's offense is criminal. Iowa's offense was worse than our offense last year. Somehow, they one-upped it this year.

Nebraska can't turn back the clock no matter how much the fans and the admins of NU want to relive the 70s through the 90s. Scott Frost is gone by the time we wake up tomorrow.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Week to week teams can suck or be great. One at a time.
Agree no world beaters not named OSU early though. Continue working hard and we could win some games.
I said this last week in that outside of OSU I didn't think anyone is so dominating in the B10. It doesn't mean we wouldn't lose or not get blown out but most of them have shown they're mortal and can be beaten.

I might amend that now to include Michigan with OSU IF McCarthy might be the qb Harbaugh really hasn't had in his tenure at Michigan. It was only Hawaii so can't say for sure. If he's a level above what they've had then they could be dominating too but we'll see. People were high on Richardson last week too and we see what happened this week.

I think Minnesota looks like it has the inside track on the west but we'll see they've laid eggs in the past too. Will KC returning as OC make the diff.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Boston College is not as good as I hoped and neither are we. But neither are the teams we're playing.

Nebraska has no defense, yet we still have no offense.
Iowa has no offense, yet we still have a pretty decent defense.
Indiana is worse than last year

I think a low scoring affair like Iowa is within our wheelhouse. But a high scoring affair like Nebraska is not. We will play right into Nebraska's defense hands. They die by the pass and it's an aspect we struggle mightily at.

Squeak out the Iowa game in a low scoring affair and hope Friday night magic occurs and we get a lot of turnovers. Indiana, unless we fall asleep (which happens too often at home) we have a great chance to win.

Boston College is not as good as I hoped and neither are we. But neither are the teams we're playing.

Nebraska has no defense, yet we still have no offense.
Iowa has no offense, yet we still have a pretty decent defense.
Indiana is worse than last year

I think a low scoring affair like Iowa is within our wheelhouse. But a high scoring affair like Nebraska is not. We will play right into Nebraska's defense hands. They die by the pass and it's an aspect we struggle mightily at.

Squeak out the Iowa game in a low scoring affair and hope Friday night magic occurs and we get a lot of turnovers. Indiana, unless we fall asleep (which happens too often at home) we have a great chance to win.
Georgia Southern ran for 230 yards against Nebraska. That is where I think we can control the pace of the game, which will limit scoring opportunities. And I think our defense can hold up against NU's offense. NU's OL is questionable in pass protection, and that's why NU puts a premium on having a mobile QB.

Iowa is hot garbage. We were 120th in offense last year, and Iowa was 121th. Somehow, Iowa is worse. I think we can generate enough offense to outscore the Hawkeyes. Plus, we own the edge in special teams.

Indiana is returning to their true form.

Georgia Southern ran for 230 yards against Nebraska. That is where I think we can control the pace of the game, which will limit scoring opportunities. And I think our defense can hold up against NU's offense. NU's OL is questionable in pass protection, and that's why NU puts a premium on having a mobile QB.

Iowa is hot garbage. We were 120th in offense last year, and Iowa was 121th. Somehow, Iowa is worse. I think we can generate enough offense to outscore the Hawkeyes. Plus, we own the edge in special teams.

Indiana is returning to their true form.
I was flipping around a bit yesterday so didn't fully watch them but Iowa had 2 punt blocks in that game. The week before I think they had 10 punts 7 inside the 20 and 5 inside the 10. So Iowa STs seem pretty good.

Mistakes I think are the biggest thing, I mean they always are but if you don't give them a really short field, I don't know that they can score lol. I'd stick with a field position game with them.

I'm going to admit I'm thinking the same but I think we're a year away from taking advantage of the mediocre-ness (not weakness) of some of our schedule.

But yeah you could make the case for beating Iowa at home, The Noids at home, Temple, Indy at home. Aw hell maybe steal the MD game for a bowl?

Nah.
Maryland's offense is scary good. On the BTN, genius Gerry DiNardo said they may have the best passing offense in the conference, up there with Ohio State.

I was flipping around a bit yesterday so didn't fully watch them but Iowa had 2 punt blocks in that game. The week before I think they had 10 punts 7 inside the 20 and 5 inside the 10. So Iowa STs seem pretty good.

Mistakes I think are the biggest thing, I mean they always are but if you don't give them a really short field, I don't know that they can score lol. I'd stick with a field position game with them.
Iowa's punter is legit, but take the block punts with a grain of salt. It was against South Dakota State, and it was a breakdown of protection by SDSU, which has a history of getting kicks blocked.

This will be a game of field position.

Although Iowa's QB has experience, he's playing worse than our young QB.

Iowa's depth at receiver is the reason they can't throw the ball. Teams are forcing Iowa to run the ball, and they are struggling with a young, inexperienced OL. Iowa's offense is averaging less than 200 total yards per game.

Iowa's punter is legit, but take the block punts with a grain of salt. It was against South Dakota State, and it was a breakdown of protection by SDSU, which has a history of getting kicks blocked.

This will be a game of field position.

Although Iowa's QB has experience, he's playing worse than our young QB.

Iowa's depth at receiver is the reason they can't throw the ball. Teams are forcing Iowa to run the ball, and they are struggling with a young, inexperienced OL. Iowa's offense is averaging less than 200 total yards per game.
I think they had a block against SDSU don't remember for sure but they had 2 yesterday against ISU. I don't know about their FG kicker though, don't know good or bad he is.

I read this was suppose to be a "new look" offense for Iowa too. I'm not sure exactly what "look" they're going for lol.

I think they had a block against SDSU don't remember for sure but they had 2 yesterday against ISU. I don't know about their FG kicker though, don't know good or bad he is.

I read this was suppose to be a "new look" offense for Iowa too. I'm not sure exactly what "look" they're going for lol.
I didn't see the Iowa/Iowa State game. Maybe the special teams are special.

Well I did say steal. ; )
I like stealing.
Stealing Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys

Hungry Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Wait, wrong thing/sport.

World Series Baseball GIF by MLB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT