ADVERTISEMENT

Firentz jerk press conference statement

This. The visitors dress in a lacrosse locker room. Good. I don't want them to be comfortable. If it were up to me their locker room would be in a parking lot.

Meanwhile Iowa paints the visitors locker room pink. God some of you are idiots.
Listen that Locker room is big enough to hold any visiting team in the country, I have had a lot of visiting team coaches who have been in that locker rm tell me it’s one of the biggest one in the country when I work the games . Go take a good look at Michigan visiting locker room and you will see the difference .

Listen that Locker room is big enough to hold any visiting team in the country, I have had a lot of visiting team coaches who have been in that locker rm tell me it’s one of the biggest one in the country when I work the games . Go take a good look at Michigan visiting locker room and you will see the difference .
Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.

Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.
many problems visiting teams face are put in place for the home team's benefit.
That's one reason the saying home field advantage is used.
Some should stop whining about how visiting teams find minor obstacles in their path.

many problems visiting teams face are put in place for the home team's benefit.
That's one reason the saying home field advantage is used.
Some should stop whining about how visiting teams find minor obstacles in their path.
I’m not whining. Said obstacles clearly aren’t working, so no skin off my nose. The Iowa equipment staff had good reason to complain, though.

I’m not whining. Said obstacles clearly aren’t working, so no skin off my nose. The Iowa equipment staff had good reason to complain, though.
take the win and look on it as the home field advantage was overcome.
Your team left SHI in the "pink"😉

You are upset the Iowa equipment staff has to move equipment? Isn't that their job?

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Fools. You have the best home court advantage in the BIG.

Incredible venue. Old school.
I agree
Maybe just dress it up a bit without having
to shut down a year
If you could add one or two thousand seats
In an off season, again without affecting the existing seats, maybe that also

but keep it the pressure cooker it is

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
I agree
to shut down a year
If you could aor two thousand seats

Holy shit it's a pressure cooker, lol. Great way to describe it.

Just a great venue and the time it represents. I have played alot of basketball, and played in a gym just like that.

It reminds me of our football stadium. Very intimate.

I agree
to shut down a year
If you could aor two thousand seats

Btw, I read your BOR is giving all this money to NJST or something?

Are they stupid?

You must not be familiar with the RU screw or the saying Rutgers gonna Rutgers. It was probably extremely well thought out, and not with any competitive advantage in mind. Rutgers just has a way of Rutgersing up things. All this thread over one over sensitive poster on our side. I thought nothing of your coach's comment. Good luck the rest of the season with your cozy schedule. We have a gauntlet coming up.

I can’t believe this thread is still going. Like many teams, we stick opponents in a dungeon-like space for the presser. The Iowa coach made a sarcastic and likely good natured joke about it to the media guys. Big deal.

He was definitely referring to the small visitor locker room. Relax. Iowa paints theirs pink. South Carolina had no AC in theirs so Georgia bought huge AC trucks and boarded up the door and cut holes in the wood pumping in big tubes of cold air, was on college gameday. This is actually something we do right, knowing RU athletic department wouldn’t have been surprised if the visitor locker room had crystal chandeliers and caviar
Penn State’s may be the worst. No ac tiny and so outdated. Most teams bring tarps to hang to dress behind.

Reactions: banhammer1
What is interesting about Kinnick is that though the visitors locker room is pink, it's actually very large and well-appointed. Nicer than some home locker rooms around college football:

pinklockerjpg-3377238_frame_01_640x360.jpg

Hey Torbes,

if you happen to see this. You should tell your buddies to un-ban me from the Hawk board. I'm still here, this is my new home. They said I was a Russian bot even though Ive been talking about Hawk football and the "Quads" literally since 2010. Of course I could have been inserted into a obscure American college sports forum in a deep cover op to emerge 11 years later to question the effectiveness of the US getting into a kinetic conflict with a nuclear power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT