ADVERTISEMENT

Firentz jerk press conference statement

Watching the Final Drive now and I quote KF, "we walked into a tough environment against a team that has really improved"

Sour grapes guys.

If you think you can just roll in and start competing with programs that have been investing in football for the last 40 years, you need to be realistic.

Just keep plugging away. You will get there.

Who knows where they put the visiting coach for the end of game press conference. It could be a tiny room. For basketball games, I think the Michigan coach was in a hallway outside the locker room.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Starts the the presser “cozy in here… like everything else around here I guess”.
Obvioiusly a knock on our facilities and program. No need for that sh!t.
Douche. I hope they lose out.

He is talking about his own team and their struggles this year, especially on offense.

QB Spencer Petras and the Iowa offensive line, in particular, is what Kirk Ferentz is talking about.

Reactions: RCBeta79
This.
I was in the Stadium early and saw Greg and Firentz together at the 50 yard line during the warmups having a long conversation…. At least 10 minutes. Both laughing and engaging conversation.
No way he was digging at RU facilities after the game.

They are friends. And so are our basketball coaches. It's so not our style as an AD or fan base to be like that.

It really wouldn't go over well in Iowa to have coaches like that.

Watching the Final Drive now and I quote KF, "we walked into a tough environment against a team that has really improved"

Sour grapes guys.

If you think you can just roll in and start competing with programs that have been investing in football for the last 40 years, you need to be realistic.

Thanks for the input Hawk. Probably is sour grapes. Some like to read between the lines and nitpick on every word they deem to be negative only to ignore the positives that were actually said (which is what you pointed out). Welcome to our Rutgers board.

Thanks for the input Hawk. Probably is sour grapes. Some like to read between the lines and nitpick on every word they deem to be negative only to ignore the positives that were actually said (which is what you pointed out). Welcome to our Rutgers board.

I hear ya. And thanks. I think its hard to get a feel when we have only played three times.

Now, I love our basketball games. A nice rivalry is forming. And the RAC is so bad ass.

Well, it was snide, and flippant .. “like everything else here”? Really? Screw you. Not very classy and uncalled for. You can gladhand the coach all you want just don’t dig at other peoples house. Imagine if Greg was in Iowa and said something like that? Just picture it. Right… he wouldn’t.

Well, it was snide, and flippant .. “like everything else here”? Really? Screw you. Not very classy and uncalled for. You can gladhand the coach all you want just don’t dig at other peoples house. Imagine if Greg was in Iowa and said something like that? Just picture it. Right… he wouldn’t.

No he wouldn't. Caught him on the radio before the game and he spoke very highly of us and Kirk.

KF is super ackward with the press. It's hard to explain.

Sour grapes guys.

I see it a bit different

Just a few errors made, was all the difference
As far as competing yesterday, those errors were the difference in an otherwise evenly played game
Yes, the better team usually makes fewer

I see it a bit different

Just a few errors made, was all the difference
As far as competing yesterday, those errors were the difference in an otherwise evenly played game
Yes, the better team usually makes fewer

Thought the talent level was very good for RU.

The refs let us tee off on your QB and that made a difference in his throws.

That fumble was a killer.

Thought the talent level was very good for RU.

The refs let us tee off on your QB and that made a difference in his throws.

That fumble was a killer.
We teed off on the Boston College qb
without penalties called which I am sure affected him mentally in the passing game

Part of the game if you can do it

and the fumble was a killer, we have not seen that happen to us in such a manner, after a good gain
Credit to the defender

We teed off on the Boston College qb
without penalties called which I am sure affected him mentally in the passing game

Part of the game if you can do it

and the fumble was a killer, we have not seen that happen to us in such a manner, after a good gain
Credit to the defender

I watched some games yesterday where those were penalties.

You watch, in a game we need, we will get called for them.

Reactions: reotto and mdh2003
Would've preferred if he said "we were comfortable defensively because we knew exactly what that HS offense was going to do." At least that's might cause the team / fans to be a bit more introspective.

I watched some games yesterday where those were penalties.

You watch, in a game we need, we will get called for them.
Such refreshing impartiality, thanks for that! It speaks to your character. So many fans think their team never, ever does wrong and every play they get screwed on, blah, blah, blah. It‘s so boring, and dare I say…cult-like.

Note, You won’t see much of that from RU fans, most of us are kind of like Wheezer above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT