ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW..More and Clear evidence this ref is terrible at her job.

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
So this isn't even biased as she ruled in our favor (until play called back). She called this a TD and I could see from across the field row 36 of 108 he was well short. His butt is actually on the sideline turf (I know it can look elevated but that's the fuzzy resolution. You can see it CLEARLY on the TV replay where this shot came from) right in front of her short as she is directly looking down at the play. God help us if she continues to ref our home games.
IMG-20231002-112223247-HDR.jpg

Reactions: Bagarocks and RUNVA
No part of his body , in that shot, has touched the turf…and the ball in his hands ( right hand ) is pretty close to the goal line . It is subjective here in the sense his hands go across the line . Tough call for any ref whether a male or female . Doesn’t matter since we have seen hundreds of male refs , umps make atrocious calls since I was 7-8 years old. This one made up for several hundred calls which went against Rutgers Sports for years especially in football.

No part of his body , in that shot, has touched the turf…and the ball in his hands ( right hand ) is pretty close to the goal line . It is subjective here in the sense his hands go across the line . Tough call for any ref whether a male or female . Doesn’t matter since we have seen hundreds of male refs , umps make atrocious calls since I was 7-8 years old. This one made up for several hundred calls which went against Rutgers Sports for years especially in football.
As I said the picture is misleading. And I watched it over and over on TV before I made the statement. Because I knew that's the first thing someone would say and two posts later.. there it is.
Ball on right hand is exactly correct and even farther from the line.
Woman ref because that's what she is and her distinguishing feature. You know like the short ref, the bald ref, etc. Period.
And.. if you saw her last game this isn't a one off and the purpose of calling her out.
And...in all fairness the other dope ref up the field called in inbounds..she actually looks up the field to him before calling the TD.

I think she called it a TD because the ball eventually hit the pylon but well after the receiver hit the ground.
She also called aTD for Dremel which was overturned.
However if you're trying to groom new officials, either male or female, these are the games to work for experience.

So this isn't even biased as she ruled in our favor (until play called back). She called this a TD and I could see from across the field row 36 of 108 he was well short. His butt is actually on the sideline turf (I know it can look elevated but that's the fuzzy resolution. You can see it CLEARLY on the TV replay where this shot came from) right in front of her short as she is directly looking down at the play. God help us if she continues to ref our home games.
IMG-20231002-112223247-HDR.jpg
You say “more” “clear” evidence. What other evidence do you have, and honestly this picture is anything but clear.

I think she called it a TD because the ball eventually hit the pylon but well after the receiver hit the ground.
She also called aTD for Dremel which was overturned.
However if you're trying to groom new officials, either male or female, these are the games to work for experience.
Is there an officials shortage?
What do they make?

You say “more” “clear” evidence. What other evidence do you have, and honestly this picture is anything but clear.
Did you see the play
In real time I thought he was outta bounds.

This ref is terrible I dont know how the league grades they're refs but shes gotta be at the bottom of the barrel.
If this is the best they got on their list of refs, NCAA B1G officiating is in real trouble.

Reactions: bac2therac
Is there an officials shortage?
What do they make?
Found several articles but this one seems about right.

College football referees will get an average of $800 to $2,500 per game in 2023. In the Power Five conferences, known for their intense competition, referees can make up to $3,500 per game. Smaller conferences pay less, with a typical game fee of $1,000 to $1,500.

Don't know if this is just the referee or all game day officials.

Found several articles but this one seems about right.

College football referees will get an average of $800 to $2,500 per game in 2023. In the Power Five conferences, known for their intense competition, referees can make up to $3,500 per game. Smaller conferences pay less, with a typical game fee of $1,000 to $1,500.

Don't know if this is just the referee or all game day officials.

If they are independent contractors, that doesn’t sound too good . Figuring in travel and lodging if they have to pay for it

Did you see the play

This ref is terrible I dont know how the league grades they're refs but shes gotta be at the bottom of the barrel.
If this is the best they got on their list of refs, NCAA B1G officiating is in real trouble.
He was. Thank you. And as I said once maybe twice now I watched it over and over on the recording stopping it to take that shot...a few times...And HIS BUTT WAS DOWN out of bounds WITH THE BALL in the right hand.

and now for those who want to say ...but his left arm hit the pylon. I googles college TD rule for you here.

Yes, the football is required to break the plane for a touchdown to occur. If the football does not break the plane, there is no touchdown. If a player runs to the end zone and their entire body crosses the plane, but somehow the ball does not, there is no touchdown.

Reactions: Bagarocks
she made a mistake, have seen far worse
Guess you missed her last game when they had to overrule her on the field and pick up the flag after several terrible calls. Not even close to her first time. And since they were also pass INT they are not reviewable. And as she is calling plays on the goal line it a pretty darn important job.

After the disastrous defensive holding call that changed the ending of the Jets game last night, I've been thinking about why football seems to have the worst officiating of all major sports. One thing I hadn't thought of until now is that football's schedule makes it difficult to develop new officials. You get better with experience, and football's short schedule severely limits how much experience you can get each year. Additionally, at least for college it doesn't help that reffing even as high as NCAA D1 football doesn't pay enough to live off of. It might pay a lot of money per game, but there very well may be tons of people who would pursue it if it was an actual viable career for more than just the handful that make it to the NFL. Many might not find it worth it for just another $10k a year. More people to choose from theoretically means the threshold of who gets hired is at a higher level.

The two calls I'm talking about are back to back on Gavin's tape beginning at 2:18. What bothers me more is that at first she makes no call on a play right in front of her but she looks to another official who is further from the play.

Did you see the play

Yes I saw the play live, I was at the game. It was a blown call just like a bunch of calls during the game. I saw a ton of holds that weren’t called. My point was that picture is anything but “clear” and he said more evidence when he showed one call.

Sent her to high school games to get some training.
That's part of the problem. There is a rush to push the whole DIE idea that this can result in people being put in situations which they are not ready for. Most of the female officials look like they're pretty young so where did they get all the experience to ascend to these positions so rapidly?

Guess you missed her last game when they had to overrule her on the field and pick up the flag after several terrible calls. Not even close to her first time. And since they were also pass INT they are not reviewable. And as she is calling plays on the goal line it a pretty darn important job.
This was he first game that she reffed for us. Different ref.

Neo-Marxist equity - competence don't matter
There are good refs sitting home
Wait until Latoshanika from Bronx CC is flying your plane
Too many Sullys

9W5fZ4n.jpg

This shit is going on all over the place especially in corporate America where group think is strongest. I recently left my corporate job because the only ones getting promoted were women. Not because they had more experience or were better than the men, nope it was because all these companies were embracing DEI and ESG. All these newly promoted women wanted to make their marks so came up with all sorts of busy work to push down on those be low them to show the bosses how effective they are. Yes, the DEI push in airlines is going to have disastrous effects. Happy flying!

This shit is going on all over the place especially in corporate America where group think is strongest. I recently left my corporate job because the only ones getting promoted were women. Not because they had more experience or were better than the men, nope it was because all these companies were embracing DEI and ESG. All these newly promoted women wanted to make their marks so came up with all sorts of busy work to push down on those be low them to show the bosses how effective they are. Yes, the DEI push in airlines is going to have disastrous effects. Happy flying!
or being told you had to hire certain groups, anything but the white men. it's real

I have never believed refs win or lose games. If the closeness of the game has to be decided by a refs call, the loser didn't do enough to win.
she made a mistake, have seen far worse
she has been very consistent in her calling abilities to warrant the criticism.
I'm sure we have all seen worse its not about that.. how ever in the games I have seen her, the criticism of her play calling is warranted.

I have never believed refs win or lose games. If the closeness of the game has to be decided by a refs call, the loser didn't do enough to win.

she has been very consistent in her calling abilities to warrant the criticism.
I'm sure we have all seen worse its not about that.. how ever in the games I have seen her, the criticism of her play calling is warranted.
According to the box score this was the first game she has reffed for us this year. You and the OP are mistaken.

or being told you had to hire certain groups, anything but the white men. it's real
If I'm remembering, Higgins and Burr were both white men, and both absolutely terrible refs for basketball. Poor officiating transcends race and gender, lol

It's amazing to me, though, that these conferences can take in so many millions of dollars and still pay refs so little. Best possible scenario, getting power 5 games every weekend for 13 weeks.... and you're still pulling in less than 50k before taxes and expenses. Which means no professional college football refs, just people with side gigs.

According to the box score this was the first game she has reffed for us this year. You and the OP are mistaken.
So she only refs Rutgers games?
Have you watched any other B1G games this year?
this is our 5th game of the season, so there's been more than 50 plus B1G games so far this season.

So you're saying there are TWO female refs that make so many bad calls each that fans think they're the same person? LOL. That's some evidence of hiring for the wrong reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT