ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW..More and Clear evidence this ref is terrible at her job.

A bad call or two were made in our recent games, and the official who made the call happened to be female. Not going to argue that. I will say that Amanda Sauer who actually was the Referee for our game vs Morgan State a few years back called a good game. The bad calls tend to stick out, male or female.

Reactions: RUInsanity
You mad, bros? 😀

Nothing funnier than watching scared old white dudes crying "unfair" about leveling the playing field. Because it's only now that race or gender is a factor in hiring trends? Surely that never happened before in the history of the nation.

I mean, not all too long ago, when it was mostly only white males getting all the jobs, every employee everywhere was 100% competent, amirite? That wasn't unfair at all. Noooooo. 😂😂
Go back to 1978-1979 it was then that this original push began. It died out because it was a failure. This will also fail unless actual qualified people are placed into jobs where they can succeed. Male, female whatever… if not qualified then you don’t deserve it.

If I'm remembering, Higgins and Burr were both white men, and both absolutely terrible refs for basketball. Poor officiating transcends race and gender, lol

It's amazing to me, though, that these conferences can take in so many millions of dollars and still pay refs so little. Best possible scenario, getting power 5 games every weekend for 13 weeks.... and you're still pulling in less than 50k before taxes and expenses. Which means no professional college football refs, just people with side gigs.
slowdown, I've defended her her as people make mistakes however, the intimation is spot on. Due to dei, we're not getting the most competent nor the most experienced which is not a good thing. They all make mistakes and they all miss calls.
If only it was leveling the playing field. It is destroying the scoreboard and declaring a victor with no game being played.

Supporting opportunity scholarships and school funding and vouchers for private schools.. that is "leveling the playing field". Supporting affirmative action in entry-level jobs is "leveling the playing field".

In this case of female refs, leveling the playing field would be to support the hiring of female refs to lower levels... where they can be trained and the best can go on to higher levels until, eventually, ending up a Big Ten, SEC and even an NFL official.

Instead, what we have is female officials being spread around the crews so TV can show how woke and how supportive of "equity" that the Big Ten, SEC and NFL are.

That's not leveling the playing field. That is saying the appearance of supporting "equity" is paramount. More important than fairly and competently officiated games.
why do you waste your time with him. He's shown to be out of touch, unrealistic, jaded and beyond myopic. I just ignore him, nothing funnier than watching a deluded liberal circle the drain all the while singing 'in a yellow submarine'

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ

why do you waste your time with him. He's shown to be out of touch, unrealistic, jaded and beyond myopic. I just ignore him, nothing funnier than watching a deluded liberal circle the drain all the while singing 'in a yellow submarine'
No.. he is always just jerkin' folk around. That's his thing. He's in the middle, above it all, mocks everything. He can be funny... if crude.

I answered for us all.. not for him, exactly.

With all the effort to squash speech that offers opposing views.. the best thing to do is to respond. They do not want to be questioned or challenged.. so that's what you must do.

Someday, true liberals will see that all this woke nonsense isn't good for anyone but the politically connected who get money and power by wasting everyone's tax dollars, thereby enslaving future generations to pay off the debts from their wild spending in the name of "equity".

Last edited:
Amazing how you can actually see thru the monitor.

You're like a superhero or sometin' with those magic skills.

Thanks for hanging with us.
Hm. Ironically, despite all the "superhero magic skills" and purported perception you have sarcastically attributed to me, I have no idea what your response is supposed to mean.

However I'm pretty sure the folks to whom I responded, who won't like me reflecting their attitudes right back at them, will surely enjoy you defending them. So ya got that going for you. 🙂

I also officiated HS sports for over 30 years but basketball. I have never heard of anyone officiating in sports like baseball, basketball and football at the college level after working just one HS game at the varsity level.
I’ll take that one step further. Never heard someone getting regular assignment as a high school official after only refereeing 1 game at the varsity level. I know football/basketball officials working years of low level group 1 games before they would ever sniff a high level assignment.

Reactions: colbert17
No.. he is always just jerkin' folk around. That's his thing. He's in the middle, above it all, mocks everything. He can be funny... if crude.

With all the effort to squash speech that offers opposing views.. the best thing to do is to respond. They do not want to be questioned or challenged.. so that's what you must do.

Someday, true liberals will see that all this woke nonsense isn't good for anyone but the politically connected who get money and power by wasting everyone's tax dollars, thereby enslaving future generations to pay off the debts from their wild spending in the name of "equity".
great answer, have zero rebuttal and have to tip my hat

Hm. Ironically, despite all the "superhero magic skills" and purported perception you have sarcastically attributed to me, I have no idea what your response is supposed to mean.

However I'm pretty sure the folks to whom I responded, who won't like me reflecting their attitudes right back at them, will surely enjoy you defending them. So ya got that going for you. 🙂
So you see but can’t think.

Got it.👍

If only it was leveling the playing field. It is destroying the scoreboard and declaring a victor with no game being played.

Supporting opportunity scholarships and school funding and vouchers for private schools.. that is "leveling the playing field". Supporting affirmative action in entry-level jobs is "leveling the playing field".

In this case of female refs, leveling the playing field would be to support the hiring of female refs to lower levels... where they can be trained and the best can go on to higher levels until, eventually, ending up a Big Ten, SEC and even an NFL official.

Instead, what we have is female officials being spread around the crews so TV can show how woke and how supportive of "equity" that the Big Ten, SEC and NFL are.

That's not leveling the playing field. That is saying the appearance of supporting "equity" is paramount. More important than fairly and competently officiated games.
Do you suppose the folks to whom I responded have any evidence that no male refs have ever been promoted too quickly? And that the number of male refs promoted too quickly doesn't exceed that of women? Maybe they have some statistical data from the various leagues that shows that female refs are committing more bad calls than male refs?

Do you suppose any of them actually made any effort to find out those things? Or are they maybe just spewing some narrative?

If this discussion contained a lot of objective data spanning a several seasons, and that data comes from direct sources (i.e. the leagues) instead of websiteforscrewynarratives.com, then perhaps there might be a valid point to discuss. Otherwise, what you're talking about is, at least in the specific case of female refs, mere speculation and narrative.

In other words, it's CE BS for echo chamber-mentalities.

Last edited:
Go back to 1978-1979 it was then that this original push began. It died out because it was a failure. This will also fail unless actual qualified people are placed into jobs where they can succeed. Male, female whatever… if not qualified then you don’t deserve it.
I don't disagree that bad refs suck. Of course they do.

I'm just making fun of the folks who are trying to turn this into a debate over diversity because some female refs made bad calls in some of our games. I mean, male refs have never made bad calls in our games, right? 🙂

To take it back to the question I asked earlier…why do many of us know who Angel Hernandez is?

And why do hockey fans know Wes McCauley, but for a different reason?

Thanks for “answering for us all..””

Man o’ the people, lol

Reactions: fsg2

Immediately you committed a no no…you inserted race into the subject …but hey you have that right by the First Amendment…I’m almost certain had one of those pale faced individuals done the same the board would have had a hissy fit. The original subject was about female referees and her competency. Shame that those that claim to not see…actually see it more so.

• Haha
Thanks for “answering for us all..””

Man o’ the people, lol
no problem.. happy to provide something you read. In that context what I said meant I am not answering mildone for mildone alone... not that I am answering mildone as you would have.

Yes, it was awkwardly worded but that is what I meant.

Do you suppose the folks to whom I responded have any evidence that no male refs have ever been promoted too quickly? And that the number of male refs promoted too quickly doesn't exceed that of women? Maybe they have some statistical data from the various leagues that shows that female refs are committing more bad calls than male refs?

Do you suppose any of them actually made any effort to find out those things? Or are they maybe just spewing some narrative?

If this discussion contained a lot of objective data spanning a several seasons, and that data comes from direct sources (i.e. the leagues) instead of websiteforscrewynarratives.com, then perhaps there might be a valid point to discuss. Otherwise, what you're talking about is, at least in the specific case of female refs, mere speculation and narrative.

In other words, it's CE BS for echo chamber-mentalities.
They do not have to have that info. They are suggesting that female refs seem to have appeared everywhere, all at once. Annecdotally.. don't you agree?

I am fairly sure I could make a case that males are better suited to referee duties even if I just used HUMAN EVOLUTION as the basis.

Hint: it is about hunter vs gatherer stuff.

• Haha
So presumptuous of you. Maybe I'm using a screen reader and I can't see or think.
If true, it would explain a lot to many of us on here. #rimshot…😉

But if not, not cool as we had a former member on here who has since passed that did use it to communicate on here. And sometimes his (he told us he was male) posts came out kinda jumbled every now and then.

There were some posters who complained about how he formatted his conversations and messed up his syntax on here but it changed once he shared (which he didn’t have to) his disability.

All this is happening at the same time there is a movement to not penalize low test scores, not being punctual.. basically, elevating people to positions they did not earn and responsibilities they have not proved they can handle, all in the name of "equity". Show me highly accomplished and professional women and people of color who are not succeeding and prove there is a need for "equity".

Opportunity? Yeah.. there is still work to be done there. Opportunity to LEARN. Opportunity to establish a professional reputation. But "equity" of outcomes?

The people pushing this should be forced to fly with "equity" pilots in planes maintained by "equity" mechanics and managed by "equity" airline execs using software programmed by "equity" programmers. Same for doctors and hospitals and surgeries... they largely live in "equity" cities.. how's that working out?
This is scary, this equity vs merit equation is going to get people killed
Honestly as a frequent flyer I am looking for ways to fly less.
I would love the option of having pilots resumes posted before you fly or book your flight.
People should not be forced to compromise their safety so the lunatics who are destroying our country can make themselves
FEEL good

You mad, bros? 😀

Nothing funnier than watching scared old white dudes crying "unfair" about leveling the playing field. Because it's only now that race or gender is a factor in hiring trends? Surely that never happened before in the history of the nation.

I mean, not all too long ago, when it was mostly only white males getting all the jobs, every employee everywhere was 100% competent, amirite? That wasn't unfair at all. Noooooo. 😂😂
You might be THE biggest ass in this thread for automatically ASSuming everyone talking out about this LOUSY official is:

- old
- male
- white

....not cool dude. Not cool at all.

*** we had 2 wives sitting with us for the Temple game, both about 40-years of age (and one of mixed-race), who thought that the female ref sucked as well. So...yeah...knock it off.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone and BossNJ
I don't disagree that bad refs suck. Of course they do.

I'm just making fun of the folks who are trying to turn this into a debate over diversity because some female refs made bad calls in some of our games. I mean, male refs have never made bad calls in our games, right? 🙂
But the issue for me was not that I disagreed with ( as I also stated this feeling ) your stance but that you did go the race route. That is totally off the subject being tossed around. Ya’ll should know not all white humans are evil devils. That appears too often in all media forms. If that isn’t solved then the next 2-3 generations as well as those under 35 will pay a heavy price in the next 10-15 years. It appears the rich - highly educated are the ones doing the most to hurt others In this country.History has shown that is a recipe for failure. You were correct that male refs, umps, judges have made plenty of horrendously poor calls. One should need to prove their level of competency before being inserted into any conversation in sports, business or other.

They do not have to have that info. They are suggesting that female refs seem to have appeared everywhere, all at once. Annecdotally.. don't you agree?

I am fairly sure I could make a case that males are better suited to referee duties even if I just used HUMAN EVOLUTION as the basis.

I'm not interested in a debate about males vs females, or about race. I love everybody and I have zero inclination towards categorizing people by their gender or race or religion. I prefer to judge every individual on their individual merits based on their individual behavior. Discussions that seek to cluster individuals into groups rarely interest me much, except to make fun of people who like to engage in such discussions.

All I need out of refs if for them to be good enough. None are perfect and I've seen 1000s of bad calls from them over the years. There is nothing about the bad calls women refs made in our games that I haven't seen countless times from males.

Did more new female refs appear recently than new male refs? Are the women refs being promoted from lower levels to higher levels at a higher rate than men are right now? Again, don't show anecdotes. Show data from the leagues about it.

And even if women ARE being promoted more quickly, how do we know it's not because they're getting better ratings from the leagues than the men who are also just starting out? This is the sort of objective data you need to provide in order to support what the folks I had responded to are trying to say. They didn't provide ANY objective data about it. None.

More women are appearing in many kinds of jobs these days. My guess would be that, as barriers to their getting hired are removed, they are starting to become more interested in professions previously dominated by men. Or because of cultural changes that encourage women to do more than be fertilizer receptacles and homemakers.

If people provided objective data (from direct sources) and then used THAT to object to a demonstrated statistical bias against males, that'd be one thing. Using some bad calls to launch into broad anti-diversity narratives adopted after having those narratives shouted at them 24/7 by their opinion suppliers? That's always gonna be laughable.

Reactions: RUChoppin and fsg2
You might be THE biggest ass in this thread for automatically ASSuming everyone talking out about this LOUSY official is:

- old
- male
- white

*** we had 2 wives sitting with us for the Temple game, both about 40-years of age (and one of mixed-race), who thought that the female ref sucked as well. So...yeah...knock it off.
(and one of mixed-race)

Oh well then… Mic drop!! 😂😂😂😂

But the issue for me was not that I disagreed with ( as I also stated this feeling ) your stance but that you did go the race route. That is totally off the subject being tossed around. Ya’ll should know not all white humans are evil devils. That appears too often in all media forms. If that isn’t solved then the next 2-3 generations as well as those under 35 will pay a heavy price in the next 10-15 years. It appears the rich - highly educated are the ones doing the most to hurt others In this country.History has shown that is a recipe for failure. You were correct that male refs, umps, judges have made plenty of horrendously poor calls. One should need to prove their level of competency before being inserted into any conversation in sports, business or other.
My mention of race was satirical, not serious. I am a white male. I have no problem with white males of any age. Or any other groups of people where the grouping is not by specific behavior of all individuals in the groups. For instance, I have a problem with Nazis and terrorists. Because those groups are comprised of people who practice the behavior of hatred, often with harmful intent towards others.

Satirically mentioning white males was the only way to reflect the broad stereotyping taking place back at the people engaging in it.

Get it?

Reactions: RUChoppin
If true, it would explain a lot to many of us on here. #rimshot…😉

But if not, not cool as we had a former member on here who has since passed that did use it to communicate on here. And sometimes his (he told us he was male) posts came out kinda jumbled every now and then.

There were some posters who complained about how he formatted his conversations and messed up his syntax on here but it changed once he shared (which he didn’t have to) his disability.
My mom is blind (and thus uses all kinds of stuff like screen readers). I didn't say or imply anything negative about people using screen readers.

OTOH, when I visit doctors, or whatever, with my mom, I frequently make lots of blind jokes at her expense. They make her laugh and help her relax, although it leaves lots of strangers under the impression that I'm a horrible person. Which tells you how much I care about what other people think.

- old
- male
- white

Bad take. Go back and reread.

I was very carefully talking to the people I quoted in my post. Not to anybody else. Did I quote you? No.

Gotta brush up on that reading comprehension there, nuts. You're putting words in my mouth I never said or implied.

Reactions: DontGetAngry
However if you're trying to groom new officials, either male or female, these are the games to work for experience.
No, they're supposed to enhance these skills in high school then move on to lower level Div. III, Div. II, FCS then move onto FBS football. You don't get to skip the line and head straight to FBS, that's not how it's supposed to work or used to work. They did this so refs would gain game day working experience. These women are being pushed through to meet a quota. Not saying they can't do it but they lack game day experience which refs used to work years for.

Last edited:
Bad take. Go back and reread.

I was very carefully talking to the people I quoted in my post. Not to anybody else. Did I quote you? No.

Gotta brush up on that reading comprehension there, nuts. You're putting words in my mouth I never said or implied.
So you are 100% familiar with EVERYONE you quoted? That they are ALL "old, white and male?" I know for a fact that at least 1 of them is younger than me and I'm sure as HELL not "old."

Still came off like an ass, regardless, IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: RUBOB72 and BossNJ
not wrong and the prevailing notion that is gaining traction is the minorities can't be racist is going to hasten your view

I'm not interested in a debate about males vs females, or about race. I love everybody and I have zero inclination towards categorizing people by their gender or race or religion. I prefer to judge every individual on their individual merits based on their individual behavior. Discussions that seek to cluster individuals into groups rarely interest me much, except to make fun of people who like to engage in such discussions.

All I need out of refs if for them to be good enough. None are perfect and I've seen 1000s of bad calls from them over the years. There is nothing about the bad calls women refs made in our games that I haven't seen countless times from males.

Did more new female refs appear recently than new male refs? Are the women refs being promoted from lower levels to higher levels at a higher rate than men are right now? Again, don't show anecdotes. Show data from the leagues about it.

And even if women ARE being promoted more quickly, how do we know it's not because they're getting better ratings from the leagues than the men who are also just starting out? This is the sort of objective data you need to provide in order to support what the folks I had responded to are trying to say. They didn't provide ANY objective data about it. None.

More women are appearing in many kinds of jobs these days. My guess would be that, as barriers to their getting hired are removed, they are starting to become more interested in professions previously dominated by men. Or because of cultural changes that encourage women to do more than be fertilizer receptacles and homemakers.

If people provided objective data (from direct sources) and then used THAT to object to a demonstrated statistical bias against males, that'd be one thing. Using some bad calls to launch into broad anti-diversity narratives adopted after having those narratives shouted at them 24/7 by their opinion suppliers? That's always gonna be laughable.
No … you still refuse to acknowledge the” race” statement is wrong to use no matter how you continue to deflect away from seeing that. If reversed on this board people would be losing their Sh$$$t. To be clear most of who you referred to don’t feel threatened. Most have been living in the corporate world of diversity since the late 1970’s … Those who are qualified for a job no matter what they look like or what their legacy is should be rewarded. If not applied correctly eventually the country will go totally in the tank.

This thread started as a complaint about a female ref. which appeared to be a conflation of two different female refs who were part of two different crews - in different RU Games (Temple & Wagner) against different teams this season. As pointed out, there have been 1 female ref in 3 different crews for RU games this season. I imagine that each of these refs have different backgrounds, experience as well as performance levels.

Regarding your sentiment that female refs seem to have appeared everywhere....found this article from last year which noted that the BIG employed 4 Full Time female refs out of 91 Total members. That's less than 5% so not sure how that equates to "everywhere".https://www.thegazette.com/news/fir...also-has-full-time-job-in-financial-services/

Would also like to hear you make the case on why someone (in general) would be able to understand a rule book and mete out rules during a sporting event based solely on their gender.

I'm not bothered nor intimidated by a ref's gender. Just want them to do an equitable and fair job in any game. With the advent of better media and super slow motion, it has become apparent that many are making mistakes which impact the game and in some cases - during critical moments. Gender does not come into play in bad reffing - IMO.

This thread started as a complaint about a female ref. which appeared to be a conflation of two different female refs who were part of two different crews - in different RU Games (Temple & Wagner) against different teams this season. As pointed out, there have been 1 female ref in 3 different crews for RU games this season. I imagine that each of these refs have different backgrounds, experience as well as performance levels.

Regarding your sentiment that female refs seem to have appeared everywhere....found this article from last year which noted that the BIG employed 4 Full Time female refs out of 91 Total members. That's less than 5% so not sure how that equates to "everywhere".https://www.thegazette.com/news/fir...also-has-full-time-job-in-financial-services/

Would also like to hear you make the case on why someone (in general) would be able to understand a rule book and mete out rules during a sporting event based solely on their gender.

I'm not bothered nor intimidated by a ref's gender. Just want them to do an equitable and fair job in any game. With the advent of better media and super slow motion, it has become apparent that many are making mistakes which impact the game and in some cases - during critical moments. Gender does not come into play in bad reffing - IMO.
More are coming.. DEI and Big Ten officiating..

No, they're supposed to enhance these skills in high school then move on to lower level Div. III, Div. II, FCS then move onto FBS football. You don't get to skip the line and head straight to FBS, that's not how it's supposed to work or used to work. They did this so refs would gain game day working experience. These women are being pushed through to meet a quota. Not saying they can't do it but they lack game day experience which refs used to work years for.
Well.. that is EXACTLY what is needed to show "progress" on the "equity" front. The Big Ten cannot show its commitment to DEI without showing "progress" in numbers of DEI-counting employees.. including officials.

And for all those people (mildone) that insist we get the numbers to PROVE our opinions are valid.. sure, yeah, I'll go right out and file for access to all that data as well as the referee score cards and the score cards for those who score teh referees on their work.

• Haha
So you are 100% familiar with EVERYONE you quoted? That they are ALL "old, white and male?" I know for a fact that at least 1 of them is younger than me and I'm sure as HELL not "old."

Still came off like an ass, regardless, IMHO.
Of course I came off as an ass. I was emulating the specific posts I quoted. They came off like asses in their posts (that I quoted). Couldn't reflect that back at them without emulating them.

I find it endlessly fascinating that most people, who like to engage in broad demonization (pun intended) don't much like it when that broad demonization (no pun intended this time) gets reflected right back at them. Weak.

Why'd you let the people I responded to get away with broadly stereotyping female refs? You didn't speak out until you thought (errantly) that you saw someone stereotype white males. Is it okay to do that to female refs but not white males?

Did you fail to notice what they were doing? Sure, you were just addressing the specific persons who made bad calls - to you, their gender was irrelevant, obviously. Thus I didn't quote you in my post.

But that is not what they were doing in the specific posts I quoted. Go back and reread.

Spoken like a true …. For a moment I thought I was reading from an interview with the blue crew postings. The problem was your reference to a specific grouping of old men and attempting to justify this as ok while claiming it’s a depiction of diversity . My good man that ain’t the way to move so called diversity ahead in this century.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT