ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Howard

Howard is actually pretty good.
They had winning season last year and only lost to NW by a couple points.
They have a good QB/RB/OL/DB/Coach - they are big.
RU's DL looks a little sleepy so far.
A tough game from Howard isn't bad for RU.
God forbid RU had a blowout after a month of fairytale media

Reactions: newell138
So many whiners & doomers

Let’s see what score is at the end

Even the blue bloods sometimes struggle in first half of first game — especially with new QB and new MLB

Howard also nearly beat 3 D1 teams last year:
— Northwestern
— Eastern Michigan
— Florida A&M

If score isn’t the spread by the end, then by all means, whine and doom

Defensive line and linebackers are allowing Howard quarterback far too many yards on running plays.There needs to be adjustments made at half time.

Typical overreaction by many reactionaries. New year and a new team. When morons think RU should have a 20 pt lead in the 1st half in the first game, suffer. RU is playing decently. I would expect that they will start to dominate the LOS in the 2nd half. I don’t care if they win by 10 or 12, just move on to the next game.

Typical overreaction by many reactionaries. New year and a new team. When morons think RU should have a 20 pt lead in the 1st half in the first game, suffer. RU is playing decently. I would expect that they will start to dominate the LOS in the 2nd half. I don’t care if they win by 10 or 12, just move on to the next game.
The voice of reason speaks. Thank you.

Howard is actually pretty good.
They had winning season last year and only lost to NW by a couple points.
They have a good QB/RB/OL/DB/Coach - they are big.
RU's DL looks a little sleepy so far.
A tough game from Howard isn't bad for RU.
God forbid RU had a blowout after a month of fairytale media
I think a lot of fans get caught up in the thinking that "we blew Howard out the other times 10 or 15 years ago" so they should always stink. Sort of like Cincy in 2005. But teams hire better coaches and get better players. What I don't understand is how this defensive back is still at Howard. And it's not like a reigning defensive player of the year in his league would be unknown.

Where are the "Fire Schiano" threads? Not our best effort by any stretch, but Howard has some talent. I don't love our line play. I have liked AKs passing though. Still think we win by 3÷ TDs. Gorgeous day.

Reactions: BossNJ
I think a lot of fans get caught up in the thinking that "we blew Howard out the other times 10 or 15 years ago" so they should always stink. Sort of like Cincy in 2005. But teams hire better coaches and get better players. What I don't understand is how this defensive back is still at Howard. And it's not like a reigning defensive player of the year in his league would be unknown.
That was 100% my thinking

All I want is to see AK throw some bombs , the score doesn't matter too much as long as it's a convincing win, but seeing how RU can use the long ball is what needs to happen to convince me to feel RU's passing game will be a factor this year
Rink a dink and/or mid range is nice but the ability to hit the bomb make opponents scared .

Reactions: BossNJ and redking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT