ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Howard

Every RUFB fan paying attention was like “wait, wut?”. How many years since Tyler Kroft?

After this game, there's a really good game in Minnesota - UNC. We'll see if Minnesota did the right thing by replacing Athan with a FCS QB

What do we know about Akron's QB? Is he a running QB? I'm assuming the starting D-Line will be back for Virginia Tech game, but if they are out next week, then Joe Moorhead, a great offensive coach, might be able to put up some points

C’mon Clark Harris and Marco B.

If you have to go back several decades to name good players at a position then that is NOT a position that school is known for.

Now if want to say that Rutgers does a good job of getting good running backs then YES that is true. RBs are commonly our best players on offense year-in year-out

But tight end?!? Come on man

. One of the consistent complaints year-after-year is the utter lack of production at the tight end position. We are the exact opposite of a tight end school …. For a considerable time now

Next millin will say that RU is a “QB factory” lol

Just got home for the KM td. It's not horrible to have a slow start in the 1st game if we close it out looking like we should. I don't care how good Howard was last year... if we want to be taken seriously as B1G team, we gotta blow them out. Lfg and elevate our game.

Wimsatt might be better than Athan on designed QB runs, but Athan is better at scrambling on plays that are not designed QB runs

Any idea where WR Brantley is ? He was a big time WR transfer that got screwed last year by the NCAA.
Thought he was on the roster….

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
If you have to go back several decades to name good players at a position then that is NOT a position that school is known for.

Now if want to say that Rutgers does a good job of getting good running backs then YES that is true. RBs are commonly our best players on offense year-in year-out

But tight end?!? Come on man

. One of the consistent complaints year-after-year is the utter lack of production at the tight end position. We are the exact opposite of a tight end school …. For a considerable time now

Next millin will say that RU is a “QB factory” lol
I was being sarcastic about Millen. Get a grip.

Can somebody explain why we don't block gunners on punts. We put men on them, who just ignore them and run toward the center of the field.

I think the rest of the game is about getting Ajani 5-10 pass attempts and maybe seeing if Patel can get a 50+ yard FG attempt in a game situation

At least once, and I believe a few times, Howard has hung tough vs Rutgers early but the talent and depth wore them down. This seems like a repeat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT