ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers Football vs. No. 1 Ohio State

I’m not a marching band fan in the first place but you can’t hear anything other than the cymbals and drums. Basically pointless and walking around the field carrying instruments.

I’m not a marching band fan in the first place but you can’t hear anything other than the cymbals and drums. Basically pointless and walking around the field carrying instruments.
Say again? I can’t hear you over the tubas.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Can't believe I'm watching Rutgers go toe to toe and getting the better of Ohio State. How good is our player development compared to theirs? This is a Macdonalds all American team vs a bunch of guys choosing between Rutgers and Syracuse.

Huge applause to the whole program producing this level of strength, athleticism and football acumen. Just incredible.

Re-uo Schiano for another 10 years.

In 2002,we had Miami-a 39 point favorite-early in the 4th quarter.
Then,we got blown out.

We led Michigan at half as well. Then got blown out.
That's why you try and maximize points as much as possible when you can.
not sure why it's so controversial "try and score as much as possible"

Forget kicking on 4th downs.
1st through 3rd downs we show no interest in scoring.

All the armchair schiano haters need to STFU. If you can’t see the progress and enjoy leading the #1 team in the country. Then GTFO. If the receiver made a block it’s 13-7.
stfu you look and sound like a douchebag in an otherwise good thread

if we had a qb, we'd up by 14 so you look even more retarded

I’m thinking little tinkering at half for RU. My guess: we need 22 pts. To win.

That’s a weak mindset and this isn’t the same team. We have a good D. We may lose but you’re living in the past.

Reactions: WestOrangeCL

I can go along with that thinking but we also don’t have a passer and things are tight the closer you get to the endzone.
Wouldn’t want to risk a TO.

It would take some creative playcalling like the fumblerooski to keep it on the ground but also unexpected. Shovel pass, naked bootlegs or pitch outs etc…

They’ve been stiff at the goal line all year though not just this game

Not getting TDs might cost us the game but our offense is what it is.

Making them drive the long field and sudden change or big plays is what we’ve got.

Any radio stations have the game? 88.7 sucks and doesn’t come in and I’m 5 miles from Rutgers

Can't believe we're up at the half. If Gavin doesn't overthrow Dremel and our WR makes the block on Kyle's run, we have an even bigger lead.
he's had quite a few throws that were off that would have helped but more importantly, the line play on both sides is very very good today. that is the difference

If you can't move the ball a yard on the first three plays deep in the red zone, why in the world would you think it's a good idea to try on the fourth rather than take three points?

Let's go now go against everything I believe in and take a 15 play drive out of the gate and put 7 on the board & take 9 minutes off the clock and CHOP DOWN #1

He just made two great passes inside the numbers and then they call that garbage fade. Better off with a slant or hitch.
Announcer said Gavin likes the slant
He leads receiver bette horizontally than vertically
Some 6'5" -6'8" OL/DL have problems playing low.
A tall lanky passer will incline to overthrows on long verticals

That’s a weak mindset and this isn’t the same team. We have a good D. We may lose but you’re living in the past.

I have no idea what this means.

9 pts is fine because our D is going to hold OSU to 14pts? Maybe 20?

Okay. And what if we they don't?
Why put that pressure on the D to be perfect when they have given the offense chances to score significant points.

If you can't move the ball a yard on the first three plays deep in the red zone, why in the world would you think it's a good idea to try on the fourth rather than take three points?

As I literally said, more about 1st - 3rd downs and not thinking about scoring.

ok 5 of last 10 so let's get that over 50%

for us to win, we need to be over 55%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT