ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Wake Forest 76-57

Chol certainly is not afraid to take a shot. Lol. I'd like to see more of him to be honest. Decent individual defensive athleticism, nice looking shot, if he's not rushing it.

I had to turn of the TV midway thru the 2nd half of the Illinois game, and tonights. Just horrible, and unwatchable. Feels like I'm watching a Eddie Jordan team.

Reid was a presence who gave WF a big lift tonight. One guy can make a huge difference.

We have three guys who haven’t played yet, including two starters, that could still turn things around for us.

Chol certainly is not afraid to take a shot. Lol. I'd like to see more of him to be honest. Decent individual defensive athleticism, nice looking shot, if he's not rushing it.
Watch him outside of shooting. He’s lost…though that shouldn’t preclude him from playing on this team.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
It's all because we don't have Mag. That was the excuse for our end of season play too right?
Sorry. Terrible team basketball and coaching .

Say goodnight on the season, folks. Not just because of a single loss. But because it’s clear that this team is just bad.

Soft defense

Uncoordinated center

Very little offensive skill, no consistent shot makers

5-star freshman who’s just not ready for Primetime.

I could go on, but we just stink, period.
It's starting to feel like the Eddie Jordan years.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Well - next year will be a lift but we need to remember that Ace and Dylan are only 2 people. Need to keep recruiting at that level.

Main issue is we lack anyone on offense who can create their own shot.

On top of that, pick n rolls lack lethality because teams can just go under the pick and play drop coverage because we are poor jump shooters.

Every point has to be manufactured or a product of transition.

If the bunnies and free throws aren’t falling, we’re down double digits and exerting a ton of energy just trying not to get blown out.

Have basketball players work out with fooball players strength and conditioning program.. we can't have Griffiths look like Palmquist every year. All our guys took some savage elbows this game.. no calls.

Usually we see that in Big Ten games as the opposing coaches tell the announcers.. and their fans,, and the refs.. how "physical" we are.. thereby justifying their thug-ball.

Illinois beat us that way.. Princeton did.. and now even friggin Wake.. they had non-physical outside players get physical with us.

We can only expect more and more of it. I honestly don't know how you get out of this scenario. Maybe we have to have to press 40 minutes? Maybe use our many guards to commit fouls early to make teh refs feel they have to even things up a bit and see the fouls opponents do against our bigs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT