ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Michigan State 73-55

Cliff has had three good looks on jump hooks in the paint and hasn’t come close to hitting any of them.

Our center position is a black hole on offense.

I

I just miserablr watching these blowouts. How bout u doll?

Keep being a miserable f. Thats your call.

But I am at least able to be optimistic about the #2 recruiting class with talent like we’ve never seen . Yet you find a way to piss on that too. That’s on you

But yes this game sucks

Reactions: Scangg
Give some credit for Rutgers to gathering themselves after going down 18...could have packed it in and lost by 30

Reality is the talent isnt there
There is talent. But some of it is young and inexperienced. Some of it is giving up size. Those two things really hurt on D.

What we have is a team of players who would be a whole lot better, will contribute better, as role players. Which is what will happen next season. This team has no superstar offensive player who can take over when the rest of the team struggles.

Can somebody tell me why Gavin hasn’t been in the game during the last several minutes of a blowout loss?

Because we need our "best" guard defender to get schooled by the coaches walk on son.

Can't risk Gavins defense is a close game like this.

• Angry
Reactions: Scangg
There is talent. But some of it is young and inexperienced. Some of it is giving up size. Those two things really hurt on D.

What we have is a team of players who would be a whole lot better, will contribute better, as role players. Which is what will happen next season. This team has no superstar offensive player who can take over when the rest of the team struggles.

Role players and 7th men

Indictment on Pike recruiting past few years

Not talent that can win in rhis league[/QUOTE]

Pike is feeling absolutely zero heat. You guys are hilarious.
Not disagreeing given the contract he got despite just 2 NCAAs (one of which was a play in) and an NIT (where the team flat out got embarrassed). It will be interesting to see the excuses next year if the team struggles.

Embarrassing. Team just isn’t good. Two 6+ minute scoring droughts. Also, while it’s embarrassing for us, since when is it allowed for the whole bench of a team to storm the court after a made basket in the middle of a game. Obviously doesn’t matter, but their bench should’ve been T’d up for that.

Izzo 44 games without a point and now a play that will go down in Michigan State history. Completely embarrassing moment by Rutgers yet 100% predictable as soon as he subbed in and they said that

We really miss Cam and Paul.
Cam was only scorer/shooter.
Paul would have given Cliff 8 points per game.
First half was encouraging.
Officiating was ridiculously bad. Could have been blowing them out first half.
Shame

Last edited:
Embarrassing. Team just isn’t good. Two 6+ minute scoring droughts. Also, while it’s embarrassing for us, since when is it allowed for the whole bench of a team to storm the court after a made basket in the middle of a game. Obviously doesn’t matter, but their bench should’ve been T’d up for that.
The refs were laughing. They couldn't throw a T. Refs just enjoying the moment.

Pikiell and his coaching staff have always struggled with the offensive side. Another reason I think fans better be tempered with next year's team expectation. Pikiell still has a lot to prove beyond just being able to recruit.
I try to avoid predictions (I think they’re all kind of dumb, even when it’s me making them). But I have no concerns about next season at all, long as our commits avoid injury and actually show up.

Reactions: rucoe89
I try to avoid predictions (I think they’re all kind of dumb, even when it’s me making them). But I have no concerns about next season at all, long as our commits avoid injury and actually show up.

Our recruits are going to love playing for Pike. He’ll teach them defense and let them do whatever they want on the offensive side of the ball.

That's fair. One thing is clear. Pikiell will have a lot to prove next year to show he can be a top tier coach and not just a middling at best coach.

Didn't say he would feel the heat. He's locked in for long term. But if team performs like this next year and he gets heat, its not unwarranted.
listen man I'm not angling for a fight here, but someone said PIke was feeling the heat and you said "rightfully so".

its just not even close to being true. If I misunderstood you then apologies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT