ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Michigan State 73-55

Announcers must have some MSU stock or they have kids going there with all of the compliments they give a 9-7 team

Frustrating watching a team that can’t score. Once we fall behind you kind of know it’s over.

Reactions: darkcheck
Just got back from taking kids to movies.

Based on just a couple posts I'm assuming Gavin is a -58 and MSU ha only scored going at him?

Rutgers literally led 36-35 and izzo lit a fire under his team during the timeout and Rutgers crumbled to the floor

Refs had zero to do wth that 19-0 run
the refs had EVERYTHING to do with the deficit at halftime. had everythign to do with Cliff not being able to play defense. no blatant walk on a 3 pointer during the run.

If you want me to tell you that we're better than MSU then keep looking.

But it was NOT a fair game. At all.

Reactions: Scarlet83
the refs had EVERYTHING to do with the deficit at halftime. had everythign to do with Cliff not being able to play defense. no blatant walk on a 3 pointer during the run.

How about cliff not picking up a silly reach in for his 2nd

Ditto for his overthe back 3rd and unnecessary 4th

The whining over refs when we scored 22 bricking bunnies and going 6 min without a fg is why we were down

Then another 6 minute run of 19-0

But the story is the refs..okay

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Gavin seems to feel he needs to shoot everytime he gets 1 foot of space.
Almost like he won't get the ball back.

Reactions: tm_nj

Reffing does NOT have everything to do with this lead

MSU executing on offense in this second half. Eg 6-10 from 3 this half

But I agree the officiating has been a little frustrating

2 of cliffs 1st half fouls were called AFTER he was hacked going up --niether one was called. if the initial foul was called as it rightfully should have 2 of those fouls would have never happened

Cliff easily should have had a dunk on that particular play if he had talent

Dude we have no talent. It's a bunch of role players.
Bullshit! We have talent but bad coaching with subs allowing players to just play ISO within his offense and trying to be too nice giving players minutes when they shouldnt be on the floor

Big adjustment after that 15 minute timeout

Izzo won the game
How would Izzo do coaching our player? As good as Pike. However, the most important aspect of coaching is recruiting. Historically, Izzo wins the coaching battle hands down. Will see next year what happens on the road at MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT