ADVERTISEMENT

Ismael Massoud

A lot of Crystal Ball heat from TOS for Massoud -> Wake Forest. We shall see.

FWIW one of his PSA Cardinals teammates is at Wake now (Isaiah Mucius)

Last edited:
Comment from a WF message board:

I’ve seen this show before. This is where we get slightly optimistic about our recruiting prospects, only to be out-recruited by Northern Colorado or Howard. You guys are Charlie Brown with the football.

Well I think the other takeaway is the WF fans view us as Northern Colorado/Howard equivalent. Which is fine with me if we land Massoud.

I think it was just general saltiness. Nobody mentioned Rutgers but some guys were upset that another player (considered an Indiana lean) cancelled his visit which was also scheduled for this weekend.

I think it was just general saltiness. Nobody mentioned Rutgers but some guys were upset that another player (considered an Indiana lean) cancelled his visit which was also scheduled for this weekend.
Despite their home run get of five-star class of 2018 power forward Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest recruiting has been a bit meh lately.

@Russ Wood Does all this Massoud to WF chatter change your mind at all about the prediction? While I realize WF has been in it for the start I just find it odd they weren't considered one of the favorites initially up until this very moment having the next visit.

@Russ Wood Does all this Massoud to WF chatter change your mind at all about the prediction? While I realize WF has been in it for the start I just find it odd they weren't considered one of the favorites initially up until this very moment having the next visit.
I just finished two phone conversations about Massoud with sources I consider reliable. Based on what they told me I am changing my forecast to Wake Forest.

I just finished two phone conversations about Massoud with sources I consider reliable. Based on what they told me I am changing my forecast to Wake Forest.
ouch. Wonder what changed so drastically.

I see it's an IMO....

Very disappointing.
I agree with you.

I reached out to someone in North Carolina earlier today but he said that he didn't have any solid info for me. Then just after seven I called someone and asked if they had any real insight and he said Wake (at first I thought he said "Wait"). Shortly after I got off the phone with him someone else called me and also said Wake.

Could they be wrong? Sure, but they both have good track records with me so I changed my pick.

Wow what a huge loss for this staff. Unbelievable. Just the moment you think a player can take you over the top you are constantly humbled. While in consideration there was zero Wake chatter up until today. This is one of the oddest recruitments I have ever heard. Highly unlikely RU gets a visit it sounds like this will wrap up this weekend. That is why Rutgers offered 2 2019 players in the past 24 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC-88
Russ, do you know whether or not WF has offered his brother for football? If so, I wonder if the state of our football program has affected this basketball recruitment.

Wake?

WTH?

Sounds like a dart board selection.
Random and out of nowhere.

Another Lucy/Charlie Brown moment. But we are used to that by now and should expect it.

Reactions: gordel1
Russ, do you know whether or not WF has offered his brother for football? If so, I wonder if the state of our football program has affected this basketball recruitment.
I do not know the answer to that. I do not even know who his brother is.

Reactions: Altrev
I do not know the answer to that. I do not even know who his brother is.
His brother plays football. I believe there was talk about the possibility of the two of them committing to the same school.

That's why I put no stock in the "getting the last visit is a good thing" narrative. Hope we can land someone of a similar caliber.

Reactions: gordel1
colossal understatement.
and you wonder why Rutgers fans are always waiting for bad news....it doesn't seem to stop.

how does a guy have us tee'd up and then dramatically pulls the trigger elsewhere (IF so)????

This before the actual visit no less. How does a guy essentially be a silent commit before he visits the school? I get that if he fell in love and committed on Sunday or Monday but to do it prior to the visit is bizarre and not consistent with everything that has been said. I think we all get what happened pretty clearly with LSU and Hyatt but these situations appear similar. Hyatt committed to LSU before visiting and Massoud is doing the same to schools that were "in the running" but never talked about as favorites or leaders at any point until the very end.

This before the actual visit no less. How does a guy essentially be a silent commit before he visits the school? I get that if he fell in love and committed on Sunday or Monday but to do it prior to the visit is bizarre and not consistent with everything that has been said. I think we all get what happened pretty clearly with LSU and Hyatt but these situations appear similar. Hyatt committed to LSU before visiting and Massoud is doing the same to schools that were "in the running" but never talked about as favorites or leaders at any point until the very end.

I am ZERO of a recruiting expert but I have 40+ years of being a Rutgers Alum and fan. Sounds like yet another "PLACEHOLDER" move. I HATE this CRAP (if so)!

His brother plays football. I believe there was talk about the possibility of the two of them committing to the same school.
I am aware that he has a brother who plays football.

What I don't know is whether or not Wake Forest has offered his brother a football scholarship or who his brother is (since I don't cover football recruiting at all...thank God).

It is extremely troubling that Pike continues not close even with the new practice facility at his back. UGH

It is extremely troubling that Pike continues not close even with the new practice facility at his back. UGH

I am confused by this statement because he has closed on Geo Baker, Eugene Omoruyi, Montez Mathis, Myles Johnson, Ron Harper Jr, Shaq Carter, Paul Mulcahy and Caleb McConnell

plus

Peter Kiss, Jacob Young

He didn't get Alvarado, Hyatt, Massoud... but he's finding pieces.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT