ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Match Thread: Garden State Grapple - RU Wrestling vs. Hofstra & UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like UNC chose to make the Wisconsin match the varsity outing and decided to take a JV approach against Rutgers. Agree with the sentiment above that this is a bad look for the sport and seems to be happening with increasing frequency. They knew the match ups coming in and should have prepared accordingly. Otherwise don't bother agreeing to participate.

Reactions: Leonard23
Seems like UNC chose to make the Wisconsin match the varsity outing and decided to take a JV approach against Rutgers. Agree with the sentiment above that this is a bad look for the sport and seems to be happening with increasing frequency. They knew the match ups coming in and should have prepared accordingly. Otherwise don't bother agreeing to participate.
Don’t accept an invite to wrestle two duals. Schedule Wisconsin on your own time

At least have some integrity and respect for the host team and wrestle them as the varsity match

Good morning, all. Hope the rest of your Saturday night was not as disappointing as UNC's lineup.

For those who asked, and did not already see his quote elsewhere, Goodale gave a pretty diplomatic response to UNC's lineup, stating they have a lot of depth and they still put out quality kids. As someone who knows Goody pretty well, he definitely had other feelings on UNC's decision. He regularly admits how much he loves dual meets and wishes they had more meaning.

I wrote up my stance on this, and I am just waiting for Richie to get the article up on the site. Once it is, I will post on the boards. Overall, still disappointed in what we didn't see last night, and this shift in the college wrestling landscape truly is concerning, IMO. Stay tuned for more, should have the article out shortly.

I would hope injuries were more the reason (without hoping for injuries) like we had with Turley. Otherwise, I don't understand such willingness to lose a match. However, I have heard Goodale say that it's all about what happens in March.

Will we see Hamilton in another week or two?

I would hope injuries were more the reason (without hoping for injuries) like we had with Turley. Otherwise, I don't understand such willingness to lose a match. However, I have heard Goodale say that it's all about what happens in March.

Will we see Hamilton in another week or two?
Maybe Midlands if we're lucky regarding Hamilton.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
For those who asked, and did not already see his quote elsewhere, Goodale gave a pretty diplomatic response to UNC's lineup, stating they have a lot of depth and they still put out quality kids
I wish I was a lip reader cause during the match, he showed how he truly felt. To me it then looked like he felt bad for whatever he said and went over and gave an Olive branch. I had no idea what the hell was going on but our side was heated.

Last edited:
Yeah… unless American and Army got some wrestling ranked wrestlers we won’t know where a lot of guys are at until midlands…
American really doesn’t have much talent so we might see a bunch of different guys in the lineup but Army is very solid from 141 and up as they have like 6 previous NQs and a R16 guy in Ogunsanya. Our guys will have to wrestle hard if they want to win. Hopefully Turley is back and fit by then as well.

Army is the the first home dual so there should be no excuse for not being able to get up in front of a fired up crowd.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT