ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Match Thread: Garden State Grapple - RU Wrestling vs. Hofstra & UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two sense on this dual, and the current landscape of college wrestling: The wrestling world needs big time dual meets, with big time individual bouts. You are not going to win over a wrestling newbie with a three-day national tournament. You create new wrestling fans, and grow the sport, with exciting dual meets. What is going on currently in college wrestling needs to stop. Sitting wrestlers to maintain rankings and seeding does nothing to grow the sport. I was really eager to see this dual with UNC, and this is a major let down.

Clark unable to get out, as Mazzara holds a 2-0 lead going into the second period.

Clark will start the second on top

Clark with the takedown on the edge to make it 3-2, they go out of bounds. 1:09 remaining in the second period

Just my two sense on this dual, and the current landscape of college wrestling: The wrestling world needs big time dual meets, with big time individual bouts. You are not going to win over a wrestling newbie with a three-day national tournament. You create new wrestling fans, and grow the sport, with exciting dual meets. What is going on currently in college wrestling needs to stop. Sitting wrestlers to maintain rankings and seeding does nothing to grow the sport. I was really eager to see this dual with UNC, and this is a major let down.
💯 Couldn't agree more, but these idiot coaches don't care about fan interest or growing the sport. It's national championship, AA or bust. College wrestling is a joke now.

Mazzara escapes to make it 4-2, and time will expire on the feet.

Clark will take defense, RT not a factor

Did they forfeit vs Wisconsin

I nearly went to this match with a friend but didn’t want to miss football. Tickets would have cost about 30 bucks, train tickets from where I live to prudential center would have been about 20 and I probably would have spent 20 or so bucks minimum on something to eat. Multiply by 2 people and you’re looking at close to $150 plus a 6-7 hour time investment. I’d be livid.

Clarke escapes, and tries to get a match tying takedown, but is unsuccessful, as Mazzarra spins behind for another takedown. Mazzarra wins 7-3.

Connor O'Neill out for Rutgers against Clay Lutt at 174

I nearly went to this match with a friend but didn’t want to miss football. Tickets would have cost about 30 bucks, train tickets from where I live to prudential center would have been about 20 and I probably would have spent 20 or so bucks minimum on something to eat. Multiply by 2 people and you’re looking at close to $150 plus a 6-7 hour time investment. I’d be livid.
Smart choice

Reactions: Leonard23
Lutt gets a takedown, and rides out the first period. He leads 2-0 going into the second.

O'Neill starts the second on top

Period ends on the feet, keeping the score at 3-0, Lutt.

O'Neill chooses defense to start the third

I hope Goodale calls out the UNC coaches for this 🦆🦆🦆🦆 but I suspect he will be diplomatic

Lutt rides out O'Neill, and wins 4-0 with the RT point.

Rutgers leads 16-9 going into 184-lbs

Poz with another takedown to go up 4-1.

For the record, Chaid is not the starting 184. The starter is No. 23 Gavin Kane, who wrestled against Wisconsin

Period ends with Poz on top. He still leads 4-1.

Poz going down to start the second

Poz rolls Chaid to his back on a reversal, and secures a pin fall!

Rutgers leads 22-9

Shaw with a takedown, but Bulsak escapes quickly. Bulsak then scores off a Shaw shot attempt to go up 3-2

The Turley one is at least legitimate. Guy is hurt.
It’s great watching them destroy them but forfeit and backups wrestling isn’t what I thought I’d see. RAC for me from now on besides end of season tournaments.

Bulsak keeps Shaw down the rest of the first period, still leading 3-2. Blood time for Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT