ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Match Thread: Garden State Grapple - RU Wrestling vs. Hofstra & UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulsak rides out Shaw the rest of the second period, holding onto a 5-2 lead.

Shaw chooses neutral

Really nice 8-2 win for Bulsak over a ranked opponent. I guess the UNC coaching staff doesn't like Shaw that much to send him out.

Boone McDermott out against Brandon Whitman to close it out

McDermott manages to ride out Whitman to keep a 5-2 lead.

McDermott going on defense to start the second

Period ends with the big boys on their feet. Still 6-2, McDermott.

Whitman chooses down for the final period of the night

Vincenzo LaValle of Hanover Park. Won't be competitive, and I mean that with no disrespect to LaValle

Correct, LaValle is only a Freshman, but should have good career...but he is not ready for Soldano

Definitely. Saw LaValle wrestle a lot in the youth circuit. He will be a very good wrestler
I was hoping for a more dominant performance than 7-1, maybe a tech or pin by Soldano, but the match was never in doubt. LaValle took the typical Edge 1 or 2 shots a match... 😳 😬

What UNC did tonight against RU was unconscionable. They should not be invited back and, in general, there should be a real effort made by teams that actually send out their wrestlers to not schedule them moving forward.

Tonight's match could have been a good indicator about how good we are. Is Sammy strong enough to compete at 133, Will Seabass be dominated against a good Clarke, and could Van Brill beat a returning All American. Very disappointed with UNC. Now we may not know about our team until the Midlands. The wrestlers and coaches can't be pleased with the UNC coaches.

Tonight's match could have been a good indicator about how good we are. Is Sammy strong enough to compete at 133, Will Seabass be dominated against a good Clarke, and could Van Brill beat a returning All American. Very disappointed with UNC. Now we may not know about our team until the Midlands. The wrestlers and coaches can't be pleased with the UNC coaches.
Yeah… unless American and Army got some wrestling ranked wrestlers we won’t know where a lot of guys are at until midlands…

Yes I would like to have seen the other 3 wrestle but we wrestle who they put in front of us.

Yes I would like to have seen the other 3 wrestle but we wrestle who they put in front of us.
Sure we do and I'm sure our coaches and wrestlers are pissed with the 🦆🦆🦆. They should be calling out UNC on social media because that was a disgrace and embarrassing. Terrible for the sport and this event. No one went to see JV matches and a forfeit.

Rant Part 2: It should also be noted the stark difference in our coaches philosophy vs the UNC coaches: In match 1 vs Hofstra, we wrestled a back up at 157 precisely because Hofstra had a freshman wrestling. We could have easily wrestled Kanniard to pad his record. But, it was better for the development of both wrestlers/programs to wrestle two more competitively matched, younger athletes. The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Wrestling in big matches is literally the reward earned for the skills developed through years and years of hard work. If I was Clark or Sherman or the 184lber (I kinda get letting Heilmann wrestle in Jersey) I would be pissed. I also would have had a serious conversation with my coaches and asked for an explanation as to how this benefited the team or me. I want my coaches to bet on me not try to game seeding. Ok, rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT