ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Lax: 0-3 at HOME vs the Patiot League

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
100% completely unacceptable for a program who’s head coach just got a contract extension prior to the season. What the **** is going on here? No excuses, seriously, I don’t want to hear them. With ALL apologies to Cali and others I went to school with at RU.

Very, veey disappointing.

Knew I shouldn’t have turned on the game with 10 mins left. Why do I continue to be disappointed by RU sports every day

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
The bottom line is that people expected this team to be special, and it is not special. It is not a tournament team, and has not looked like a tournament team at all this year. I didn't want to be a naysayer, so avoided saying this after the other games, but people need to stop talking about this team like it has any shot at a tournament, and stop sugarcoating what have been pretty disappointing results over the past few years.

Ultimately, lacrosse has a short schedule, and its not like football or basketball. You do not get to have WTF losses, and this team has had a LOT of them. Its an issue, not something to be glossed over.

Serious question:

Is this a case of having “too many chefs in the kitchen”???

We are an average team with a couple of very good players that scares no one.
At this level you need more than a couple.

There’s an obvious lack of depth and talent to be a tournament team

Reactions: Steve91562
The bottom line is that people expected this team to be special, and it is not special. It is not a tournament team, and has not looked like a tournament team at all this year. I didn't want to be a naysayer, so avoided saying this after the other games, but people need to stop talking about this team like it has any shot at a tournament, and stop sugarcoating what have been pretty disappointing results over the past few years.

Ultimately, lacrosse has a short schedule, and its not like football or basketball. You do not get to have WTF losses, and this team has had a LOT of them. Its an issue, not something to be glossed over.

This wasn't a WTF loss. They are currently ranked 1 spot behind us.

I think people need a better understanding of the lacrosse landscape and where we are right now. We are a middling team not in the upper echelon.

We can beat any of those teams (Princeton) in our current grouping. We can also lose to them (Army/Lehigh).

Last years team was better than this team. Not making the tourney was a real gut punch. That team deserved it. But we move on.

Getting better and consistency. Specifically, shooting. Tonight, that would have helped a lot. We have the athletes to do more.

Reactions: Leonard23
Yup. Based on what we saw tonight losing to either of those teams is a realistic possibility unfortunately.

I haven't seen Michigan play but if we don't beat Hofstra, the wheels are off on the season. That isn't a good team.

This wasn't a WTF loss. They are currently ranked 1 spot behind us.

I think people need a better understanding of the lacrosse landscape and where we are right now. We are a middling team not in the upper echelon.

We can beat any of those teams (Princeton) in our current grouping. We can also lose to them (Army/Lehigh).

Last years team was better than this team. Not making the tourney was a real gut punch. That team deserved it. But we move on.

Getting better and consistency. Specifically, shooting. Tonight, that would have helped a lot. We have the athletes to do more.

I didn't mean to say this was a WTF loss, I was saying this team has too many WTF losses, and it has. The team over that past several years has seemed very prone to starting slow, and not performing consistently, which is a major issue with the way the lacrosse schedule works. It should be a longer season....but it isn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this team return most of its talent, including getting Charalambides back off injury, and bringing in some top ranked recruits? Maybe my expectations were off, but I didn't think anyone expected this to be a middling team. I thought we were supposed to be picking up where we left off last year, and generally expected to make the tournament.

Reactions: biazza38
I didn't mean to say this was a WTF loss, I was saying this team has too many WTF losses, and it has. The team over that past several years has seemed very prone to starting slow, and not performing consistently, which is a major issue with the way the lacrosse schedule works. It should be a longer season....but it isn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this team return most of its talent, including getting Charalambides back off injury, and bringing in some top ranked recruits? Maybe my expectations were off, but I didn't think anyone expected this to be a middling team. I thought we were supposed to be picking up where we left off last year, and generally expected to make the tournament.

The team lost 2 All Americans

Did you expect this to be a middling team that would miss the NCAA's and possibly the conference tournament?

No. But the potential depth of this team is very young and got the call too early. Injuries cost RU the Army game and last night we saw what happens when you play a middie strong team without your best SSDM.

Glad we are in the B1G instead of the American East!

As long as RU makes the B1G, that is all that matters. I know the fan base will be embarrassed to see 4 other teams play at HPSS.

100% completely unacceptable for a program who’s head coach just got a contract extension prior to the season. What the **** is going on here? No excuses, seriously, I don’t want to hear them. With ALL apologies to Cali and others I went to school with at RU.

Very, veey disappointing.
I believe that All three teams are actually in the Patriot League

But a win versus Princeton put a smile on my face!

Here’s to an upset versus Syralose!

Reactions: PSUPOWER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT