ADVERTISEMENT

More B1G Scrimmage Intel Coming Out

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Michigan smacked around Syracuse pretty good apparently and Hopkins as expected threw UMBC a real beat down.

The B1G season is going to be extremely competitive across the board.

Early predictions are it's a four bid league. This may even go up.

Michigan smacked around Syracuse pretty good apparently and Hopkins as expected threw UMBC a real beat down.

The B1G season is going to be extremely competitive across the board.

Early predictions are it's a four bid league. This may even go up.
Michigan is not going to be a 1 season wonder from what I hear. Need to hold serve at home vs OSU and find at least 1 win between PSU and Hopkins at home. And for the love of God, can someone like USC or Oregon or Washington add men's lax? USC is a no brainer and Washington can add both men's and women's lax at the same time.

maryland beat duke, but they played their starters longer
also hearing penn state topped army...
i dont know what osu did in their scrimmage but doesnt really matter they are irrelevant

Maryland lost to Georgetown on Saturday.

My girlfriend’s son and his club team (Team Ten) were at the game. Team Ten, LI Express, Laxachussetts Black and Hilltop scrimmage each other at Georgetown on Saturday and Maryland on Sunday. His team is going to Duke and UNC this weekend to scrimmage a couple of the other top club teams. They are also going to watch Duke play Bellarmine on Saturday.

Rutgers and Princeton should partner up like these schools and invite some club teams to play at their stadiums. It’s a great way to get some of the top recruits onto the campus.

Michigan is not going to be a 1 season wonder from what I hear. Need to hold serve at home vs OSU and find at least 1 win between PSU and Hopkins at home. And for the love of God, can someone like USC or Oregon or Washington add men's lax? USC is a no brainer and Washington can add both men's and women's lax at the same time.

The problem for USC at this point is the closest D1 opponent is Utah. For Oregon and Washington it's money.

maryland beat duke, but they played their starters longer
also hearing penn state topped army...
i dont know what osu did in their scrimmage but doesnt really matter they are irrelevant

Not so fast for OSU. Tommy Burke at FOGO could be a major improvement over '23.

Reactions: RUsojo

My girlfriend’s son and his club team (Team Ten) were at the game. Team Ten, LI Express, Laxachussetts Black and Hilltop scrimmage each other at Georgetown on Saturday and Maryland on Sunday. His team is going to Duke and UNC this weekend to scrimmage a couple of the other top club teams. They are also going to watch Duke play Bellarmine on Saturday.

Rutgers and Princeton should partner up like these schools and invite some club teams to play at their stadiums. It’s a great way to get some of the top recruits onto the campus.

Who pays for all that travel for the clubs? I didn't come from an impoverished background but I'm not sure my family could have handled it.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Who pays for all that travel for the clubs? I didn't come from an impoverished background but I'm not sure my family could have handled it.
The kids parents pay for the travel and hotels. We drove to Georgetown and Maryland and his father is driving him down to Duke and UNC to keep costs down. Some of his teammates that play in the Inter Ac (Malvern, Haverford School, Episcopal Academy) are flying down to Raleigh.

What an awesome experience to watch and play at those venues for a club kid. Would love to see my kid scrimmaging at a venue like that against that comp.

What an awesome experience to watch and play at those venues for a club kid. Would love to see my kid scrimmaging at a venue like that against that comp.
It really was. The teams got to tour the facilities before they played. Georgetown’s stadium was really nice. Maryland is very impressive, as you would expect from a B1G program.

Prospect days run between $150-$250 depending on the school. These kids are basically getting to do 4 prospect days for free.

I’ll be at Loyola v Georgetown on Sat

I’m surprised that Georgetown beat Maryland…GT lost like 80% of its firepower, lost its entire close defense and its fogo and goalie from last year…I know they have a couple 2-3 studs back but I’m looking forward to seeing it up close on Sat

They must have some strong younger guys

With that said I’d say scrimmages are not always a perfect reflection of true game day results and I have some pretty good sources that share with me how players and staffs approach scrimmages…it’s not always a direct reflection of what’s going to happen.

I heard the same about Michigan.

Big Ten is gonna be really really good

RU needs to come out firing and from the sounds of it, they’re getting tuned up

I wouldn’t be shocked if Maryland didn’t play people or sparingly. I expect Georgetown to be good but not exceptional.

They have Bundy at midfield who is a stud. Some other nice pieces and likely to win the BE but I’d be surprised if they are as good as last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT