ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Will Not Be Easy

LOU-RU85

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I just watched Nebraska beat McNeese St by 50. I know it’s McNeese St. but they have some pretty good bigs. They are definitely an improved ball club. Robinson and Banton are very good players. This league will be really tough.

Last edited:
Pretty much no game is going to easy in conference. We could have our best team in decades and still have an average record. All conference games will be a fight.

Always tough to tell due to the competition played to start the season, but I agree. Their spacing was much better. They moved up and down the court. Shooting was way better and they looked in sync.
I only recognized 2 names from last year on their roster so it’s a completely new team.

Without filled arenas, home court winning records should plummet this year. And I expect all visiting teams, not just Rutgers, to get a fairer shake from the officials (in Rutgers case ... unless Tim Higgins comes out of retirement).

Without filled arenas, home court winning records should plummet this year. And I expect all visiting teams, not just Rutgers, to get a fairer shake from the officials (in Rutgers case ... unless Tim Higgins comes out of retirement).
Don’t forget Valentine

Nebraska is "improved" but
McNeese St was 11-17 vs D1 and lost 4 seniors, top 2 scorers.
Only 43.3% of minutes played and 46.6% of scoring returned from 2019-20 roster.
50 PT win against a team that might win 5 games doesn't make you much better. Tomorrow against Nevada will say more about 2020 than bottom 50 D1 school

Always tough to tell due to the competition played to start the season, but I agree. Their spacing was much better. They moved up and down the court. Shooting was way better and they looked in sync.
I only recognized 2 names from last year on their roster so it’s a completely new team.
So another Frankenstein monster squad like last year? Cobbled together?

Nebraska is "improved" but
McNeese St was 11-17 vs D1 and lost 4 seniors, top 2 scorers.
Only 43.3% of minutes played and 46.6% of scoring returned from 2019-20 roster.
50 PT win against a team that might win 5 games doesn't make you much better. Tomorrow against Nevada will say more about 2020 than bottom 50 D1 school
I disagree. You could definitely see improvement in several areas. Not saying they will win the B1G but there is obvious improvement.

So another Frankenstein monster squad like last year? Cobbled together?
I like their roster better this year. 2 Pitt transfers. A West Virginia transfer who then left and became one of the best Jucos in the country. A Western Kentucky transfer, Delano Banton, who looked really good. Yes cobbled together, just with better skill level than last year. You could tell right from Game 1 last year that it was a disaster.

Reactions: RUHouston
Last time Nebraska was on the court, Noah Vedral was getting minutes. Of course they will be improved

I look forward to seeing Rutgers plays opposing teams. It's much easier than dealing with some of our fans. A tough crowd to please.
Big Cliff has his coming out party, but Rutgers is 4-11 from the free-throw line.
Mulcahy is 7 of 7 from the field with 7 assists, but Rutgers is 4-11 from the free-throw line.
Rutgers has 23 assists, but they shot 1-8 from three.
Rutgers shot 61% from the field, but they shot 1-8 from three.
SHU is held to 31% from the field, but Rutgers was still 1-8 from three.

It's the first game of the season. Let's enjoy the win. Hell, I'm happy to see a game consider games are being canceled left and right.

:WooHoo::WooHoo:

Last edited:
3-17 FG 3-12 3PT, 9 minutes in, start looks more like the 7-25 team from last year

8-32 FG 4-20 3pt, 29-35 halftime.
If not for 11-8 home team Fouls, and 9-14 FTs to 3-5 FTs they are down double digits.

Last edited:
3-17 FG 3-12 3PT, 9 minutes in, start looks more like the 7-25 team from last year
Definitely look like a different team today. They are playing a better team as well. Should be interesting to see how they finish. Lots of new players so not surprised they are up and down right now. Clearly have more talent but will take time to gel.

Last edited:
We will dominate them. All we really need to do is feed Myles and Cliff constantly and foul out their “centers”

29% FG, 9-41, 22% 3PT shooting, 41 out of 62 shots from 3
6-8 more FTs, 15-22 to 21-30 , 12 less turnovers 9-21.
Lost by 3.
They are going to struggle to win any B1G games playing like that.

Put it into perspective. Last year they kicked off the season by losing by 19 points to UC Riverside and then followed up the loss by losing to Southern Utah.

They won 2 B1G games last year. They'll win some games in-conference this year, however, they don't have the size to compete with most of the Conference. Nevada took away their transition game for most of the game forcing them to chuck up a bunch of 3s, and then when Nebraska had built up a 10 point lead in the 2nd half, they went ice cold. Not a winning formula, but they're not as bad as last year.

I watched the game and was not impressed with either team. I like Nebraska’s 6’9” “point guard”(Banton)...he was a former Top 100 recruit who struggled a little at W. Ky. but could be a unique talent. We probably wouldn’t blow either team out but I’d be very surprised if we were to lose to either one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT