ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Readies for Road Duals at No. 21 Michigan State (Friday), No. 3 Michigan (Sunday) / Match Threads

Don’t know why Michigan State seems to upset us in big spots every year

Seems like they were focused on Michigan and not ready mentally for this one. Bulsak had it.

Disaster performances from poz and bulsak. Both have been great all year otherwise.

Team did not look awful. Match went as expected except for Poz and Bulsak
They are part of the team and gave up 10 team points, that’s awful any way you slice it especially when you also have two weights which are freebies already. That’s 17 team points in 4 weights.

No one exceeded expectations other than maybe Oliveri who looked good against a highly ranked opponent and actually looked like the better wrestler.

Was Kinniard hurt? He was favored to win. If he wrestled we likely win the match. First time MSU has beaten us.

Some people were saying this is our best team ever, I was wrong predicting we would only lose 3 bouts. Not losing hope. We have bounced back before.

Hopefully with Leonardis running the SkWC and Buxton coaching we get more resident athletes who help us turn it around.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Thank god this loss happened on a Friday night instead of Sunday afternoon or this place would be a cesspool

Was Kinniard hurt? He was favored to win. If he wrestled we likely win the match. First time MSU has beaten us.

Some people were saying this is our best team ever, I was wrong predicting we would only lose 3 bouts. Not losing hope. We have bounced back before.

Hopefully with Leonardis running the SkWC and Buxton coaching we get more resident athletes who help us turn it around.
Kannaird was not favored to win

They are part of the team and gave up 10 team points, that’s awful any way you slice it especially when you also have two weights which are freebies already. That’s 17 team points in 4 weights.

No one exceeded expectations other than maybe Oliveri who looked good against a highly ranked opponent and actually looked like the better wrestler.
Hey you can post what you want. The match went as expected, except for Poz and Bulsak. Two guys getting upset does not mean the team looked terrible.

Kanniard isn’t ranked and Saldate is ranked as high as #12 in some polls so in no way would he have been favored.

The match comes down to Poz. He’s significantly favored in that one. Even if he loses by decision the match goes to criteria. If he wins, it’s not even close.

Even with the pin, if Bulsak wins we win. If Alvarez is at 133 we probably win the dual.

The team has constantly found ways to lose duals they should win and have rarely found ways to win duals they’re expected to lose. I don’t know how that gets fixed.

Hey you can post what you want. The match went as expected, except for Poz and Bulsak. Two guys getting upset does not mean the team looked terrible.
To each his own and I see where you are coming from but it’s still a team sport and having 2 of your 3 best wrestlers look awful in a big spot is most certainly a poor reflection on the team as a whole. No one is going to look at the box score and say the team wrestled well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT