ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL: ASH FIRED!!!! ; Nunzio Campanile interim; McNulty also gone

Wonder why McNulty got the axe as well?

Was this a coup attempt by Campanile, whispering into the ear of Hobbs?

He is OC and HC? Who made that decision?

Would like to know the back story.
Maybe the 16 points in 3 games vs P5 opponents didnt help.

What I am saying about Surace is that he is recruiting better than Ivy League players. It is a lot tougher to even have a chance of being accepted to Princeton than RU. He is also a Jersey guy. I seriously doubt he would leave Princeton anyway. He played there and his wife played soccer there. Just thought you were taking a happy moment (Ash departure) and choosing to dump on other coaches. If not, no biggie, let's just get the guy who is best for RU!
Then he should hire Schiano's agent and use this exposure to squeeze a couple more nickels out of Princeton's $25 billion endowment.

hence why there's no chance he'll get a HC job again. But as an assistant, he can get a second chance.
He's already been an assistant twice...once as Colorado DC and did a very nice job improving their defense and then poached by Oregon as their DC before leaving on his own...probably cause the HC job went to Cristobal. Now he's analyst at FSU rejoining Taggart.

Well, 6-6 would be an improvement at Tennessee...
tenor.gif

If you can perform God-like acts, you’ll get poached.
No big time program is poaching Greg Schiano after a 6 win season. To leave a B1G Rutgers program, that’s what it would take for him to depart.

Buh is gone next year. McNulty is gone mostly because Camp was clearly the best choice to be interim. He's a possible future OC or even HC, has NJ ties, Schiano ties, his brother is also a possible future Rutgers coach.

Are you ready for "Jersey Guys" off Broadway debut on The Banks? HC, OC and DC?

It would be gangster AF if Greg was already making personnel decisions about the coaching staff.

In September.
In the year before he's supposed to be coaching here.

It would be, and it wouldn't shock me. The thought of RU being proactive and deliberate makes me all tingly inside.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks. In the short term you can only hire someone who is not a current HC. That rules out Rhule, Moorhead, Clawson, Narduzzi, Norvell and Candle. So you are down to Schiano, Jones, and perhaps Leavitt. If this is already preordained for Schiano without a true national search I will be a little disappointed.

I think this is in line with the AD's philosophy from the moment he was hired.
I hope so but then why wasn't Ash fired in November 2018? Hobbs either failed to get the rest of the administration to buy into the change at the time or he truly believed Ash deserved another year. Both scenarios are troubling but for now I'll focus on the positive in that it wasn't allowed to drag out this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT