ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he were able to play a full season in the future, could he ever hit more than 19 HRs outside the band box? The league is likely considering the use of a softball for games there. Softball field=softball. How else to deal with a guy who hit 33 HRs at the softball field and only 19 away? Someone should check to see whether the bases are 60 feet apart. But it really was a nice run for Judge. Well, not so much a run. More of a stroll to get the paper, where he can read all about Alonso.

71398192_10220151398952892_7107994587947335680_n.jpg
Just saying!!!,

Mets season is over within 5 hours

Yanks season begins later this week
Year #3 of multiple Championships in a 5 year period by the new core 4 as was so eloquently stated by a couple of you guys. I forget, it was one of you who told us your itinerary for the playoff game that day, and you didn't even know the time of the game ..lmao. You even embarrassed your own fan base, then came up with some lame excuse about getting beat up in a bar fight over the Yankees. That's the only part I believe.
71398192_10220151398952892_7107994587947335680_n.jpg

WAR takes into account defense which is why it could be a flawed metric at times. Defensive metrics are still very much hit or miss. Also unfortunately there is not just one ultimate WAR number. The two main ones are Fangraphs WAR (fWAR) and Baseball Reference WAR(bWAR). Yankess troll listed bWAR which is seen as the lesser of the two as Fangraphs is the leader in the metric. fWAR has Alonso at 4.9 and Judge at 4.5 The main reason it's not higher is because Alonso's component for his defense is a large negative.

Curious of how many of his HRs you think were aided by a juiced ball. I don’t even discount Judge’s 52 hitting at Yankee stadium. Judge and Alonso hit mister HR’s that fly out of any park and most are over 400 feet.
Another curious “juiced ball” argument to put the *...how is it the 53 led all of MLB and the year Judge gut 52 he was behind the leader by 7.
I do think the ball is juiced but don’t feel it has only been this year but it tends to help smaller guys get that extra 5-10 feet on a ball, thus, helping guys go from 10 HR to maybe 15-20. There are very few Judge/Alonso HR’s that leave any question when they hit them.

Curious of how many of his HRs you think were aided by a juiced ball. I don’t even discount Judge’s 52 hitting at Yankee stadium. Judge and Alonso hit mister HR’s that fly out of any park and most are over 400 feet.
Another curious “juiced ball” argument to put the *...how is it the 53 led all of MLB and the year Judge gut 52 he was behind the leader by 7.
I do think the ball is juiced but don’t feel it has only been this year but it tends to help smaller guys get that extra 5-10 feet on a ball, thus, helping guys go from 10 HR to maybe 15-20. There are very few Judge/Alonso HR’s that leave any question when they hit them.
I have to check the final data, but it looked like this season would break the all time HR record by 10%. That's a huge margin. So I'll stick with that. The juiced balled helped everyone his 10% more homers.

I'll just go with he's a d-bag, looking for anything to discredit a great achievement. Think Dems vs Trump,:Laughing

Last edited:
Going back to the Rookie HR record. And in a moment of clarity, realized the Yankee fans on here pulled out a something that nothing to do with the “ROOKIE HR record”
WAR- it has nothing to do with this achievement. We are ONLY talking about HR’s. Not any other stat, not talking defense, not talking about if there are other good 1B around the league but one single individual stat in a rookie season.
Juiced ball- Judge and every other MLB player must have benefitted as well and yet, Alonso leads MLB. Judge himself is way off the Pace.

There is no * and no one outside of a handful of ignorant Yankee fans would even consider it. And it seems they all have small dicks and not even happy they are banging the playboy model right now.

Going back to the Rookie HR record. And in a moment of clarity, realized the Yankee fans on here pulled out a something that nothing to do with the “ROOKIE HR record”
WAR- it has nothing to do with this achievement. We are ONLY talking about HR’s. Not any other stat, not talking defense, not talking about if there are other good 1B around the league but one single individual stat in a rookie season.
Juiced ball- Judge and every other MLB player must have benefitted as well and yet, Alonso leads MLB. Judge himself is way off the Pace.

There is no * and no one outside of a handful of ignorant Yankee fans would even consider it. And it seems they all have small dicks and not even happy they are banging the playboy model right now.
Complete d-bags explains it in less words, but you got it right,lol. Now this is shaping up as a great month of October with the Yankees bailing early in the month and a new football hire soon after!!!!

Congrats to Pete Alonso! The new face of the franchise!

Anyone else feel like I do: that this team deserves the playoffs with such special years by Pete; Jake; Mc Neil etc only to have October joy ripped from our hearts by Mickey; Edwin and Jeurys.

Onto the Off-Season and what Brodie MUST do:

1. Convince the Coupons that they need to spend $ as this team is very close.
2. Start with going big time after Rendon (8 years; 240 M); improving the bullpen big time; qualifying offer to Wheeler and if not signed - then get a quality 5th starter though Lugo may move back into Rotation.
3. Fire Mickey next week and go after Girardi.
4. Get a capable back up Catcher whose name is not Nido (he is so awful)
5. Acquire a CF
6. Let Lagares walk
7. Try to get Noah's head straight
8. Extend Conforto
9. Give modest raises to Alonso and McNeil to show commitment and thanks (I have a betetr chance to hit the Mega).
10. Hope Cespedes stays off horses

Hopefully with strong moves in the off-season,Mets can challenge Braves next year for Division Title!
1) Convince them to spend it wisely- not on Familia/Lowrey/Cano type of crap
2) Was big on Rendon myself until you realize that Cano is not going anywhere and with Rendon, how do you keep McNeil and Davis as everyday players? Davis could be a .300 30+ HR guy himself- just would never be the equal in the field but ohh so much cheaper. Davuis/McNeil standout years give us some leeway here...Agree to try to lock up Wheeler and dont think moving Lugo makes sense.
3) Agree - Don't even think Girardi is great but he would do well with this group and sends a message that they are serious
4) Nido didnt really bother me but not sure his D warrants him being here.
5) Agree and makes this even more important than #2
6) or sign him at a 1 or 2 year at 2.5 per year. If he is 5th OF and defensive replacement- can live with him. Just not at the money he is getting paid. Seems like a good locker room guy too
7) Agree- Noah borders on the ledge of greatness. Makes me think of how so close Sid always was to having that breakout.
8) Agree completely. I actually see him more as the face of the Met's then Alonso. Keep this guy here for another 10 years. He will end up with about 400 career HR if stays healthy
9) Don't have to give Alonso anything yet...Sorry, but really don't. McNeil- yes- show him some love this off season
10) Agree and feel he may actually have something left in him.

BTW- last month and a half- Stroman has shown me a lot too. I like having him in the mix right behind deGrom...both guys are "pitchers" but one of them is a blazing fastball power guy and the other in a good fastball but ,asterful on everything else type guy but both no what they are doing out there.

Great"Core" of young players, baby. The Cy Young winner, the HR Derby Winner, and the All Time greatest Rookie HR hitter. Get us a Bullpen and we are very close!!!!

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
The 2019 regular season just ended out in Colorado as the Brewers,who have to go to Washington,finally decided to throw the game in the bottom of the 13th by failing to cover first on a bunt,then throwing a wild pitch.

The 2019 regular season just ended out in Colorado as the Brewers,who have to go to Washington,finally decided to throw the game in the bottom of the 13th by failing to cover first on a bunt,then throwing a wild pitch.

St. Louis won earlier over the Cubs, so the Brewers game meant nothing. But I hope it was just incompetence rather than a "throw."

Harper hit 35 home runs and drove in 114 runs. That ain't chicken feed. We won't be able to judge the contract until at least two or three years in: is this the best year he's going to have, or is he still on his way up?

What killed the Phillies this year was their decision last winter to stand pat on their starting pitching, injuries in the bullpen, and Rhys Hoskins' putrid performance after the All-Star break. Hoskins has hit .181 since the break, and looks lost at the plate.

Some bright spots on the season besides the obvious. Alonso/Davis/McNeil/Rosario/Conforto/deGrom/Lugo/Wilson

Post AS Break- up there with the handfull of best records in BB. Stroman started to settle down and became pretty damn good. Matz still drives you crazy but as a 4 or 5 pitcher- how much more can you ask for? BP did get much better. And Diaz has to be something in his head, hopefully can correct because when his pitch is on, he cant be hit. Just too many pitches that come in flat.
Cano...if you take his post AS numbers- he was actually pretty damn good.
If we keep D Smith over the off season- he makes for one hell of a player to spot fill OF/1B defensive at 1B and scarey bat off the bench. Lowrey had a tough time after injury but we all do know he will also be another great player off the bench in fill in at mult spots.

We really are not far away.

The scary thing is that we have a GM that has no clue and owners that will take these 86 wins and think their fans should be happy.

"eviscerate" ??
"deny the charge" ?
You must be joking. Why would you think I'd be interested in your analysis of why I visit this thread and share my views with fans of the Amazins ?
"nailing my personality" ? Figure me for lots of "evading" of your analysis. I'm laughing too hard to do much typing.
I just returned from a weekend away and see you are still at it. Can't answer a question and not even man enough to defend yourself. Perhaps because the accusations are hitting to close to home? Did you have to google eviscerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT