ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 Philadelphia Eagles Season & Post Season Game Thread

Outside of the obvious keys being Johnson and Hurts’ health, the biggest thing to me is keeping the Giants out of long, sustained drives. They did a great job with that last week and are built for that.

Too bad this thread ends

Game Over No GIF by CBC

Reactions: yesrutgers01
What do you guys think for the Champ game? I think the Eagles will beat the Niners. Feel better after watching that game yesterday. Neither team was that impressive.

What do you guys think for the Champ game? I think the Eagles will beat the Niners. Feel better after watching that game yesterday. Neither team was that impressive.
I'm afraid of SF. I have absolutely no feel for how this game will go.

Think it will be close but Eagles will win by a few. I feel a bit better after watching the weekends games. Hurts and Johnson came through OK which is good.

A little worried that the 49ers offensive strength is controlling the middle of the field with their RBs and TEs. The Eagles are bad against pass catching RBs and if Maddox is still out then CJGJ will have to play the slot mostly leaving Blankenship or Epps to cover Kittle. But at some point all those near miss Ints from Purdy that are falling to the ground are going to end up in the defense's hands.

While the 49ers D is excellent they can be beat deep and their rush can be slowed down with the threat of a Hurts run. I expect to see a Watkins shot play or 2.

Last edited:
Think it will be close but Eagles will win by a few. I feel a bit better after watching the weekends games. Hurts and Johnson came through OK which is good.

A little worried that the 49ers offensive strength is controlling the middle of the field with their RBs and TEs. The Eagles are bad against pass catching RBs and if Maddox is still out then CJGJ will have to play the slot mostly leaving Bishop or Epps to cover Kittle. But at some point all those near miss Ints from Purdy that are falling to the ground are going to end up in the defense's hands.

While the 49ers D is excellent they can be beat deep and their rush can be slowed down with the threat of a Hurts run. I expect to see a Watkins shot play or 2.

I had noticed that SF had a really easy schedule and today I saw that they actually had the easiest schedule in the league.

The Eagles was obviously much tougher and the Ealges are now 15-1 when Hurts plays.

Just to piss off a couple of guys- next week, this thread ends…lol
Damn- hope so- don’t want you guys in the SB too.,,
But reality, Eagles are the better team. I don’t want you to win but think you will.

Reactions: RUDead
No way. But with Purdy out and Philly's 3 Pro Bowl OL dominating I'm probably tilting at windmills.

I would never root for that team with it's trash fanbase. They get lucky every time. Another cakewalk for them. QB injured, Maholms banged up and Bengals with no O line. They always stay healthy too somehow. Are only hope is Maholms getting healthy.

Reactions: Jm0513
I would never root for that team with it's trash fanbase. They get lucky every time. Another cakewalk for them. QB injured, Maholms banged up and Bengals with no O line. They always stay healthy too somehow. Are only hope is Maholms getting healthy.
On Purdy being hurt, the Eagles caused that with a player that was probably the best free agent signing of the year. in regards to their lack of injuries, they have a front office that is on the forefront of using analytics and player data to rest players.

Yes they get lucky, every team does, but they also put their players and coaches in the best place to succeed.

If you are a Giants fan you are in luck, because they now have that leadership with Schoen and Daboll.

Reactions: RUDead
Eagle fans are 100x worse than Penetration State fans. I do credit there GM somehow he destroys/beats every team he trades with.

I will root for the Eagles during the game but if they lose I will rub the loss in the faces of the Eagles fans I know.

I like Philadelphia, it’s Eagles fans I hate.

I am a huge Chiefs fan today, mostly because of Pacheco. That is going to be a fun game.

Just to piss off a couple of guys- next week, this thread ends…lol
Damn- hope so- don’t want you guys in the SB too.,,
But reality, Eagles are the better team. I don’t want you to win but think you will.
Please post against for the SB, I need your reverse jinx to keep their hopes of winning alive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT