ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 World Cup Thread

Looks like Argentina with those last 2 subs may have been the spark of Argentina holds on.

How did he miss that? Two surprising opportunities by Argentina.

Calling it now. France wins on PK with Messi missing one. It’s been that kind of World Cup based on other teams I rooted for.
The more I watch sports, the more obvious to call the end result? Argentina got some breaks at the end. Hope I’m wrong, Messi hits the PK, and Argentina pulls the upset.

At least this game is a game both played hard enough to win, versus the type of game where both teams try to give the game away.

Very disappointed Argentina lost both leads.

The more I watch sports, the more obvious to call the end result? Argentina got some breaks at the end. Hope I’m wrong, Messi hits the PK, and Argentina pulls the upset.
Very glad to be wrong … would hate Messi to live with a miss!!!

Reactions: RU848789
That's not the criterion and has not been for years. The question is was the arm in an unnatural position, which it was. PK in any league in the world
Shows how lame soccer is. A ticky-tack judgement call based on random chance significantly impacts the game. They need to revamp the entire rule book.

Argentina wins!!!! Best WC ever, despite having to end it in PKs. So happy for Messi to finally win a WC, as he's been my favorite player for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT