ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Women's World Cup

Especially since they also won the U-17 and U-20 World Cups.
Why doesn't the USA ever win these age groups? We have millions of girls playing the game including thousands at supposedly "elite" clubs.

She is pretty. Has that feminine, skater/Dorothy Hamill vibe.
A rare reason to watch lady soccer
The best part is half of these girls are dating girls on other teams. Some seriously odd dynamics at play.

Rapino called up for friendlies. We officially don’t care about winning. Being woke is apparently our priority these days.
1) Rapinoe (note correct spelling) is playing ONE farewell match before officially retiring. So is Julie Ertz. So did Carli Lloyd last year (I think she played two). This is a very common practice to honor retiring national team stars throughout the world.

2) The games are friendlies, as you have noted. Exhibition games. While winning always matters, it is not paramount. Preparing for the upcoming Olympics is the primary objective.

3) Not sure what woke has to do with anything here.

1) Rapinoe (note correct spelling) is playing ONE farewell match before officially retiring. So is Julie Ertz. So did Carli Lloyd last year (I think she played two). This is a very common practice to honor retiring national team stars throughout the world.

2) The games are friendlies, as you have noted. Exhibition games. While winning always matters, it is not paramount. Preparing for the upcoming Olympics is the primary objective.

Well said. vkj is simply angry and bitter about people being informed, educated and conscious of social injustice and inequalities that continue to exist (essentially the definition of being woke).

Rapinoe has earned every minute they put her out there for the national team.

Well said. vkj is simply angry and bitter about people being informed, educated and conscious of social injustice and inequalities that continue to exist (essentially the definition of being woke).

depositphotos_224919586-stock-photo-young-man-with-face-palm.jpg

Reactions: RUScrew85
I like Rapinoe but after missing the PK, she should just disappear. I guess for ego purposes she needs to try to go out on a positive note (hopefully).

Or I think only the best should be called up to play on our national team. The World Cup which she didn’t deserve to be in, should have been her swan song. We’ve already established you extent of knowledge is you play goalie in a beer league. You ever tired of being wrong about everything? You should go see her off, don’t forget your mask.

Last edited:

The World Cup was her underserved swan song. Time to move on, she is no longer an elite player. Hell, she’s no longer an average player.

So true.

Why doesn't the USA ever win these age groups? We have millions of girls playing the game including thousands at supposedly "elite" clubs.

Do they really try to recruit the best or do they recruit the best out of the correct thinkers?

Do they really try to recruit the best or do they recruit the best out of the correct thinkers?
Yes they recruit who they think is the best. They also rotate through a lot of girls. Do you might get called to two camps and the nothing for another year. Or some girl who has never been called to a certain age just gets added to a team last minute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT