ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 World Cup Thread

That penalty plus 2nd goal is such a Rutgers thing … Argentina was dominating … one of their best offensive threats was substituted out.

Hoping Argentina pulls out a miracle!

Pretty sure Argentina loses. Why? Because I’m rooting for them.

Holy crap, what great end-to-end play during the last 10 minutes or so. So much fun to watch. Just pray it doesn't end in PKs...

France had no shots the first 75 minutes, then had 6. Damn. So much for all the conspiracy theories about Argentina getting the calls.

I’m a pretty level headed person but when it comes to sports I can be superstitious as they come. I was hoping the board jinx might have gotten invoked with all my it’s over posts above. I did believe it was over but was looking for some karmic help if any is out there haha.

Let’s see how it ends.

Best soccer game I've ever watched.
HA! HA! What an awful game. The WC finals is going to be decided by a gimick.....penalty kicks. Let's also decide:

SB on field goals
Stanley Cup on a shootout
World Series on HR Derby
NBA Finals on free throws

Soccer is so lame. LOL!

Argentina looks gassed - I'm sure they'd be happy to get to PKs at this point.
Their defensive performance for the first 75 min or so I'm not sure I've ever seen better. But yeah - might have spent the gas tank. French substitutions running rampant.

How did he miss that? Two surprising opportunities by Argentina.

Calling it now. France wins on PK with Messi missing one. It’s been that kind of World Cup based on other teams I rooted for.

Thinking the same thing … as I typed that I thought Argentina would score. Of course not.
Yeah, Argentina really woke up in the last 5 minutes with two great chances to score, denied by some desparate defending by France. Please, someone score and win...

How did he miss that? Two surprising opportunities by Argentina.

Calling it now. France wins on PK with Messi missing one. It’s been that kind of World Cup based on other teams I rooted for.
Argentina … hold the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT