ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 World Cup Thread

Very proud, again, of my adopted little country in-law. I can tell you first hand that sports and competition is ingrained in the entire Croatian society. I remember my first time going my wife’s family reunion there around 20 years ago. She has tons of cousins and they all have kids, so a pretty big event. And the soccer match with all the family is always the highlight. I think I shocked them when I scored a few goals and set up a few more. They were like - who is this American we just met, lol. Over the years, I would bring an American football, and a whiffle bat/ball. And, even though these things were insanely foreign to them, almost all were VERY game. Spirals were a disaster, and they had no idea what bases were, haha. But the drive of competing was hugely evident, even for sports that they had no clue about. They just go after it. Tough little country.

Još Jedna!

These two are the best we can do as a country as far as broadcasters go? Let the game breathe gentlemen.

So that little play there by Argentina harkens back to the criticisms of the US team for the Netherlands.

Difference is the Netherlands buried their chances, but Argentina booted it 50 feet over the crossbar.

So even elite teams like France leave guys open in front.

Crying mid game? In the first half no less?

Pull it together man!!!
Soccer is all about crying and faking injury.

football-dive.gif

Is there any comment more dumb than 2-0 is the most dangerous lead? Dempsey just said it and I've heard others say it. How can any 2 goal lead be more "dangerous" than any 1 goal lead. It's just stupid and analysts should have their credentials revoked for making such dumb comments.

Reactions: CERU00 and hinson32
Is there any comment more dumb than 2-0 is the most dangerous lead? Dempsey just said it and I've heard others say it. How can any 2 goal lead be more "dangerous" than any 1 goal lead. It's just stupid and analysts should have their credentials revoked for making such dumb comments.
A 3 goal lead is red alert territory lol.

Reactions: RU848789
Time to get really for the real football games! Fox was smart to bury the WC final prior to the NFL taking over the day.
In case you're dumb enough to believe that, Fox and the US, in general, have no say over anything related to the WC match times. Europe drives the soccer bus. But keep on making dumb posts - we all need the laughs.

Glad Argentina is winning … not a fan of the penalty call … awesome 2nd goal … hope it sticks so Messi can retire on top!!!!

Glad Argentina is winning … not a fan of the penalty call … awesome 2nd goal … hope it sticks so Messi can retire on top!!!!
I would've like Messi to win but I didn't like the way the Argentina/Netherlands match went, especially kicking the ball into the bench so I'd rather France win. But I think it's over for France.

I don't get your comment - that was a foul and PK without question, after DiMaria completely abused Dembele on the move around him.

France starting to play better, applying more pressure. They're certainly more than capable of scoring a couple - and this game becomes a war should they cut it to 2-1.

Saying this WC is getter slightly more viewers than other WC events is like saying you are the tallest midget.
The tweets give a comparison to March Madness and it outperforms. It also had 6M+ viewers for the semifinals which is a good rating for just about anything outside the NFL. The US Iran game got 12M which is a big rating too. Fox is plenty happy about the overall WC ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT