ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 NBA Playoffs

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more banter on the Knicks.

For me though, I'm really keyed on the Warriors-KIngs.

Stephen A.: Warriors will need 'greatness' to beat the Kings

The NBA regular season was pure garbage. No D, most players not even caring. Hard to flip the switch for the playoffs. Lots of sloppy play, major injuries, people just chucking up 3s.

Bring back the NBA from the 80s and 90s.

The NBA regular season was pure garbage. No D, most players not even caring. Hard to flip the switch for the playoffs. Lots of sloppy play, major injuries, people just chucking up 3s.

Bring back the NBA from the 80s and 90s.
In the 80s and 90s, people complained that there were too many low scoring games and that there was too much physical play.

Totally pumped about the Knicks game one win. But that’s all it is, one win. There were some good signs for the Knicks in this game: their bench was more productive and Quickley didn’t even have a good game; offensive rebounding was great and ultimately sealed the game; defense was active and aggressive effectively neutralizing the Cavs’ second and third options.

Two games last night - Brooklyn-Philly and GS-Sac. The late-night game was vastly more entertaining. Philly can be fun to watch for stretches of a game, but we’re terrible in the first half.

As for the other game, I’m wondering if Draymond gets suspended for the stomp on Sabonis. In any case, this series is turning into a war. It’s long past time to finally ignite the NorCal rivalry (these teams have never met in the playoffs before and I would not be surprised to learn they haven’t ever been in the playoffs together in the same season).

Two games last night - Brooklyn-Philly and GS-Sac. The late-night game was vastly more entertaining. Philly can be fun to watch for stretches of a game, but we’re terrible in the first half.

As for the other game, I’m wondering if Draymond gets suspended for the stomp on Sabonis. In any case, this series is turning into a war. It’s long past time to finally ignite the NorCal rivalry (these teams have never met in the playoffs before and I would not be surprised to learn they haven’t ever been in the playoffs together in the same season).
The Kings look like the experienced champions in that series. The Warriors are playing like it's their first time in the playoffs.

Thib is a moron

Why the F are Brunson Barrett and Randle in down 25 with 2:30 left

Randle almost got killed

He is an A$$hole

Okay, I have to admit. I watched the Knicks game today. First full-ish NBA game that I watched in about 20 years.
Every time I try to leave, they pull me back in.
Shaking New York GIF by Sidetalk

The late games tonight are riveting. Such drama! Grats also to the Knicks (decidedly non-dramatic game). Matchup versus Heat will be fun.

Last edited:
When Riley left the Knicks in 95 I knew, that he knew, that the Knicks would stink for a long time.
Ewing, Oakley, Mase, Rivers - I watched a lot of those guys but I was through.

Francesa was excited about the current Knicks so I thought I would check out some of the last Cav's game.
YouTube TV had other plans, and said that the game was blocked in this area.
So that was the end of that and I cancelled YTTV until Sept.

Last edited:
I didn't know it was on NBA TV but kept searching until I found it. Just a great performance by the Knicks - they took charge from the start and kept demoralizing the Cavs with tough rebounding - especially offensive rebounding. The team seems to be getting better at the right time of year.

My understanding is the local broadcasts are blacked out during the playoffs, but ALL games are viewable on YTTTV - ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV. I think there was a game potentially scheduled for ESPN News.

One other note - Set your YTTV to record ALL NBA games. There is unlimited storage. I record just about everything - including a bunch of stuff I don't even watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT