ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Back to K-12 school......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see I work in a school that has a union. The school AND the union are trying to work together to find ways of opening safely. Don’t need the media

They are the top pediatricians in America. So, you're a science denier... typical.

Reactions: Caliknight
They are the top pediatricians in America. So, you're a science denier... typical.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educ...-school-reopening-heres-what-aap-really-said/

On June 7, for example, the AAP guidance came up at the White House during a school-opening conversation led by Trump. One of the speakers was AAP President Sally Goza.
At the event, Vice President Pence said: “But as the American Academy of Pediatrics, so well represented here today, recently reflected, there are — there are social costs, emotional costs, and even physical costs to our children across this country that we spoke with the governors today.”
Goza herself spoke, talking about the benefits students get when they are in school. She did note, however, that “returning to school must be done safely,” and she added: “Reopening schools in a way that maximizes safety, learning, and the well-being of children will clearly require new investments in our schools. We urge you to ensure that schools receive the resources necessary so that funding does not stand in the way of keeping our children safe or present at school.”

They really said return to school if it can be done safely.

This is what everyone agrees with

They really said return to school if it can be done safely.

I bet over 80% of the teachers have never had a discussion with their union rep about any of this.
Not saying I believe your #, but you understand that can be true and teachers still can toe the union line, right? The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

Not saying I believe your #, but you understand that can be true and teachers still can toe the union line, right? The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

You mean they can form their own opinion which happens to match what the union leadership also thinks

You mean they can form their own opinion which happens to match what the union leadership also thinks
Nope, try again. Reread your post and my reply. To remind you, your post was "I bet over 80% of the teachers have never had a discussion with their union rep about any of this."

Having a direct discussion with a union rep and following the orders/talking points of the union are different things.

Nope, try again. Reread your post and my reply. To remind you, your post was "I bet over 80% of the teachers have never had a discussion with their union rep about any of this."

Having a direct discussion with a union rep and following the orders/talking points of the union are different things.

Do you form your opinions based on Fox News?
I bet you say no even though they match up.

I dont know any teachers that opinion is formed by their union.

I hope you don't teach irony
Would it make you feel better if I told you to get a clue you are wasting your time? Again clueless thinking you know anything about me. You also were asked to move on but can’t follow a simple request.

Would it make you feel better if I told you to get a clue you are wasting your time? Again clueless thinking you know anything about me. You also were asked to move on but can’t follow a simple request.

a) once again, you can't address simple facts
b) you don't get to tell me what to do...
c) why don't you check your privilege brah..

you don't get to tell me what to do...
why don't you check your privilege brah..
You keep coming after me I can guarantee I will tell you what to do. Tried to say it nicely a few times. Move on.

You keep coming after me I can guarantee I will tell you what to do. Tried to say it nicely a few times. Move on.

actually, you keep coming at me --- again, I don't think you quite get the meaning of the word irony.

you are like the kid at school that always has to have the last word - right?

You probably should put me on ignore.... I ain't going anywhere.

lol... that's what they get paid huge salaries (and benefits and pensions) to figure out.......

it's not that hard - if they really wanted to do it. The risks are incredibly low (statistically ZERO) - you know - science...

spare me the hand-wringing....

K-6 should be in-person. PERIOD.

Are you planning on posting about anything you know today, or just going to spend the day underwater getting laughed out of the conversation?

And why is it that the people that seem to be most adamant about kids going back to school are those who don't have any kids going back or any tangible relation to schools whatsoever?

actually, you keep coming at me --- again, I don't think you quite get the meaning of the word irony.

you are like the kid at school that always has to have the last word - right?

You probably should put me on ignore.... I ain't going anywhere.
Still can’t follow what was asked of you. You keep coming back time and time again. Why? Your privilege ,you believe ,is to talk smack about me with ZERO facts? I am flat out telling you that you are wrong and your best comeback is I am like a kid at school? Move on. That’s not “coming back at you” just so you understand that is a simple request that I have made numerous times

Teachers unions are the single biggest detractor from the education of American children. We spend more than anyone else in the world, yet receive horrible results. #Unions

Yes, teacher unions are very powerful and control their membership well. Union reps at each school are in constant contact with union bosses to align on talking points and demands.

Cool story, bro.

But what about the third of teachers who aren't in a union?

Still can’t follow what was asked of you. You keep coming back time and time again. Why? Your privilege ,you believe ,is to talk smack about me with ZERO facts? I am flat out telling you that you are wrong and your best comeback is I am like a kid at school? Move on. That’s not “coming back at you” just so you understand that is a simple request that I have made numerous times

doesn't make me wrong.

My school district just announced tonight --- state is going "50% in-class with option for a district to "opt-out" to 100% remote"

They have decided:
K-3 will start the year in the classroom, while 4-12 grades will do remote learning. However, parents may choose for their students to be 100% virtual.

while I think K-4 in class w/b better. But, this is the right approach--- early grades needs in classroom - and pose little risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolv RU
The top 20 counties by number of deaths are all in our metro area, with the exception of Cook County, Ill and LA. The vast majority of these deaths occurred early in the pandemic. Deaths per day now is as low as it has ever been in the US. Also, blame all those deaths on Cuomo, Murphy, and Wolf. Governors and state assemblies run their states. It certainly wasn't the POTUS's fault that Cuomo ignored the USS Comfort and the Javits center, which had been rebuild as a COVID hospice by the Army Corps of Engineers, and decided instead to go ahead and force nursing homes to take in recovering COVID patients.

We have a republic. Do you know what that is? Start with Amendment 10 to the Constitution: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Basically everything you just posted was false besides the counties with the highest death numbers. Get a clue.

Wait, wait. Let me make sure I have this straight. So you're saying Cuomo DID send patients to the USS Comfort and the Javits center? That he DIDN'T force recovering COVID patients into nursing homes instead? That thousands of nursing home patients in New York didn't die as a result of that decision? That the US Constitution doesn't have a 10th Amendment? And you think I should get a clue? Hahahaha! Talk about totally divorced from reality. Maybe you should pay more attention to the world you live in instead of the TV

Teachers unions are the single biggest detractor from the education of American children. We spend more than anyone else in the world, yet receive horrible results. #Unions
Their members and minions certainly came out in force on this one. I especially like the move where they say if you are not a teacher you have nothing to say about what's happening. We see a decline in test results and children emerging with a negative take on this nation and its history but they have nothing to do with that. Maybe.. if we paid them more... if we did not make them show results that can be measured in tests.. etc etc.

1619 Project is already in over 3500 classrooms.. but teachers have nothing to do with that.. apparently. If you criticize "teachers" relative to this issue.. a teacher who is not involved will fight you.. even though you are not talking about them personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightmoves
Fools? You love throwing blanket statements. Every teacher is a fool? Every teacher is over paid? Let me guess your day job is a comedian

You might not know this, but RUsocal was the nuttiest, most obnoxious COVID conspiracy wank on this board. Bar none. And from about late-March on. So after about a week and a half of really hard sacrifice, he was concerned only with "MUH Rights," not so much actually mitigating the pandemic raging through the country. And by rights, Im talking fundamentals like going to the beach and downing a sixer at his local dive bar.

Long story short, this is someone who actively fought against the measures that could have had us on track by now ...and now, for some strange reason, thinks his opinions on school openings that do not impact him in any direct way are worth a damn. They are not.

Reactions: Shell21
Their members and minions certainly came out in force on this one. I especially like the move where they say if you are not a teacher you have nothing to say about what's happening. We see a decline in test results and children emerging with a negative take on this nation and its history but they have nothing to do with that. Maybe.. if we paid them more... if we did not make them show results that can be measured in tests.. etc etc.

1619 Project is already in over 3500 classrooms.. but teachers have nothing to do with that.. apparently. If you criticize "teachers" relative to this issue.. a teacher who is not involved will fight you.. even though you are not talking about them personally.

They were wrong to say that. What should be said is that if you're not a teacher, admin, school staff member, student or student parent, no one of import cares what you have to say. So sit down and stfu. (I ad-lobbed that last bit!)

Tell ya what, tho, you can definitely go back to whining about general education problems when we're not in the middle of a global fkn pandemic. That is, if you remember to without Fox and co reminding you on the daily.

K, thx.

Are you mixing him up with someone else?

No. He was crying about the oppressive government not letting him sun, sand and sip. From basically day one.

Also regularly making weird innuendo about the grave overarching conspiracy to take away rights.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT