ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cannabis sales opening up in NJ

in case you haven't been paying attention, no one gets arrested anymore. Its the wild, wild west

Ironically no one gets arrested because people you rail on assure that law enforcement focuses on real problems and that our tax dollars aren't wasted on it.

How do you know it’s true and not just a story he tells you. Or someone tells him as they improperly have fentanyl to close to their product.

I don't know for certain in CO, but CA products are pretty well marked and sealed and you would be able to poke around online and confirm the legitimacy.

This is yet another reason dispensaries are awesome. You eliminate the fentanyl risk.

Reactions: tom1944 and ldwnmas
Reactions: Kbee3
Weed is harmless? LOL. Lots of folks going to die early:

Read the articles before you post.

“It's important to emphasize that these findings are observational, and they provide insights into patterns within our dataset. However, they do not establish a direct cause-and-effect relationship,” lead author Dr. Anees Bahji, at the University of Calgary's Cumming School of Medicine, told Forbes.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Not for children and younger adults. You can change your diet and lose weight, but the brain damage weed causes is permanent.
You can never convince those who are pro-pro weed. Ask those folks on Kensington Ave. in Philadelphia or San Fran or NYC or anywhere there are approved drug use open markets. It’s a personal choice and many have tried , used or gone onto more severe and addictive substances. Same with alcohol … if you have an addictive type personality you run the risk of a bad outcome. It is a $$$$$ maker and that’s why the issue may never be solved. Addictive personalities ? Maybe that is how we start. Treat the reason why … thrill, cravings, or just led .

Reactions: T2Kplus20
You can never convince those who are pro-pro weed. Ask those folks on Kensington Ave. in Philadelphia or San Fran or NYC or anywhere there are approved drug use open markets. It’s a personal choice and many have tried , used or gone onto more severe and addictive substances. Same with alcohol … if you have an addictive type personality you run the risk of a bad outcome. It is a $$$$$ maker and that’s why the issue may never be solved. Addictive personalities ? Maybe that is how we start. Treat the reason why … thrill, cravings, or just led .

LMAO

Tell us all about the legal weed in PA Bobby.

What law does PA have that establishes legal weed? Tell us all about it, we can't wait!

• Haha
Reactions: Kbee3 and thegock
Not for children and younger adults. You can change your diet and lose weight, but the brain damage weed causes is permanent.

But hey, if an 16 year old gets alcohol and crashes their car into someone, that person won't die permanently, so alcohol should be legal. It's totally different!

Old pot heads need to be careful:

I stopped smoking pot, the high wasn’t high enough, but still take about a half a gummy a week. I also stopped my 1-2 drinks a week and haven’t had a drink in 2-3 months. I stopped drinking for a year or two before. Just exercising more.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Old pot heads need to be careful:

Meh. There are lots of studies out there claiming lots of things.

In this case, the studies are not linked in the article, or in the article linked by the article. So we cannot examine them for details of the studies. And there's no peer review that I can see.

Making this article (and the other) propaganda rather than research. Maybe there's something there. But, just as likely, it's an effort to sell a narrative and there's nothing there at all.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
I stopped smoking pot, the high wasn’t high enough, but still take about a half a gummy a week. I also stopped my 1-2 drinks a week and haven’t had a drink in 2-3 months. I stopped drinking for a year or two before. Just exercising more.
Likely all wise decisions.

In this case, the studies are not linked in the article, or in the article linked by the article. So we cannot examine them for details of the studies. And there's no peer review that I can see.

Making this article (and the other) propaganda rather than research. Maybe there's something there. But, just as likely, it's an effort to sell a narrative and there's nothing there at all.
I don't partake but I assume they don't mention the benefits- so many people are on pot instead of prescription pain medicine now.

I don't partake but I assume they don't mention the benefits- so many people are on pot instead of prescription pain medicine now.
I don't either, although I'm not opposed to it.

I just see a lot of people posting medical studies that "prove" this or that. But when you actually read the studies, they often don't say what the articles referencing them claim they say. Often, the studies themselves state that the results are inconclusive and more study, analysis, and review is required.

Most people never bother to read actual studies, so it's become super-easy to fool the public by writing an article that cherry picks facts from an inconclusive study.

This might be that. Or not. Impossible to tell without having the actual studies to examine.

Imagine being a offensive lineman for 30 years.

That’s how my body feels sometimes.

Enough to consider it when I retire.

Reactions: ldwnmas
Imagine being a offensive lineman for 30 years.

That’s how my body feels sometimes.

Enough to consider it when I retire.
A number of NFL OL were trying to get it off the banned list back a few years back. Ionic that they wanted to use it for just that- pain relief instead of the opioids they were always given.
The good news is that "in-season" players don't get tested for it unless they already had a failed test.

I called the American Heart Association, but lost patience with their phone "system" and hung up. These studies will have to go through peer review to be published in a journal. The data base is very large, and so the findings can't be dismissed.

The first study says that there is a 34% higher risk of heart failure among daily users of marijuana. But keep in mind that only 2% of study participants developed heart failure. So we're talking about raising the risk, say, from 2% to 2.66%.

The second study shows a significant increase in risk of heart attack or brain event (stroke) , but is confined only to those already in hospitals. The increase is greatest among those with risk factors like high cholesterol or high blood pressure.

Given these studies, I would be cautious if I had those risk factors. I'm not sure I'd put much weight otherwise on the results. I myself think there are lots of better reasons to use marijuana about the way we use alcohol -- as an occasional pleasure.

A number of NFL OL were trying to get it off the banned list back a few years back. Ionic that they wanted to use it for just that- pain relief instead of the opioids they were always given.
The good news is that "in-season" players don't get tested for it unless they already had a failed test.
Most jobs still require drug testing. On weed equals no job.

• Haha
Reactions: thegock
I called the American Heart Association, but lost patience with their phone "system" and hung up. These studies will have to go through peer review to be published in a journal. The data base is very large, and so the findings can't be dismissed.

The first study says that there is a 34% higher risk of heart failure among daily users of marijuana. But keep in mind that only 2% of study participants developed heart failure. So we're talking about raising the risk, say, from 2% to 2.66%.

The second study shows a significant increase in risk of heart attack or brain event (stroke) , but is confined only to those already in hospitals. The increase is greatest among those with risk factors like high cholesterol or high blood pressure.

Given these studies, I would be cautious if I had those risk factors. I'm not sure I'd put much weight otherwise on the results. I myself think there are lots of better reasons to use marijuana about the way we use alcohol -- as an occasional pleasure.
^^^^^ Pot head in denial.

I think taking smoke into your lungs no matter the source is something worth avoiding.

I would be interested to see if using pot other ways would also show negative results.

Reactions: RUDead and mildone
Most jobs still require drug testing. On weed equals no job.
That is changing quickly. I believe, in NY- while you can test, you can't penalize unless a job falls into a "safety" classification or if a person is "impaired" during work hours

Reactions: NotInRHouse
the obesity, poor diet and lack of exercise are a bigger problem in this country than weed smoking.
Maybe. When it comes to actual smoking, regardless of what's being smoked, it ain't very healthy because deeply inhaling smoke into one's lungs is flat out unarguably bad for one's health.

That's why I want to see the study and understand the details. Not distinguishing between edibles, vaping, smoking... if the study does that, then I'd argue it's probably meaningless due to being too uncontrolled and imprecise in what it's studying.

Maybe. When it comes to actual smoking, regardless of what's being smoked, it ain't very healthy because deeply inhaling smoke into one's lungs is flat out unarguably bad for one's health.

That's why I want to see the study and understand the details. Not distinguishing between edibles, vaping, smoking... if the study does that, then I'd argue it's probably meaningless due to being too uncontrolled and imprecise in what it's studying.
Agree- any type of smoke or vape going into your body/lungs- is not good for you. I would be curious though on findings with edibles.

In regard to football players...not to long ago, the testing for weed would not pick up the synthetic stuff. So, many of the players went that way...The problem is- that while it initially gave a nice relaxed high similar to weed, it also made these guys bat shit crazy in a very bad aggressive way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT