ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EURO 2024 Thread

Let me take a moment to point out that my Greek homies had to deal with 2 SEMI-FINALISTS in their qualifying group (France and The Netherlands). ****'s sake! Still ****ed up against Georgia BUT IMHO complete bullshit hat coming out of that group finishing 3rd, with 13 points, we had to play AT Georgia who finished 4th in their group with only 8 points (due to other qualifying crap)!!!

Okay that's all just needed to get it out!!!

Fundamental mistake a couple moments ago by the kid (Yamal). He didn't recover back far enough in transition, stopping perpendicular to the ball as a second-defender, which is a big no-no in most situations, and thus allowed a very easy through pass as France advanced the ball.

Wonder if he's tired.

Spain is luring France out of their shell as time ticks away. France has to score, so they have to be aggressive.

But they better be careful how they do it. Too aggressive and Spain will quickly get behind them. Good match. Should just keep getting more intense long as France doesn't give up a cheap one.

Would be fun to watch Mbappe in a 7 on 7 game where he got the ball more - his speed with the ball is just breathtaking...
Funny...I was just thinking maybe he should've been subbed-in for by now....I get the broken nose thing is without question hampering his physical play, "mentally," but this is about the TEAM and not just him. I'm assuming he wouldn't "grade out" very well for the tournament.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

All this time will be added back by this ref. Roll the guy off the field and he'll magically recover instantly.

Right there...that was a HORRIBLE shot and completely wasted opportunity....looks like he could've gotten closer before striking the ball, no?

Right there...that was a HORRIBLE shot and completely wasted opportunity....looks like he could've gotten closer before striking the ball, no?
I'm fine with him shooting from there, but his technique on the shot was poor. Probably fatigue.

Spain played the midfield triangles to near perfection in the second half.

Spain was deserving. Don't see England or the Netherlands beating them, but ya never know...
Spain didn't really look terribly pressured in that game. Especially after going up. They looked calm and composed, almost lazy at times.

Not sure how challenged they'll be in the next game. But it looks like they can up their play even more if needed.

Spain played the midfield triangles to near perfection in the second half.
Triangles? šŸ˜€

I mean, how do you know they weren't using quadrangles or hexagonals or octagonals? Widen your gaze, mon-frere.

No goals in the half...no major penalty/injuries....should've been 3 tops?
Seemed to me there was a fair amount of time-wasting taking place by Spain all half. Nothing to draw a warning (that I know of). But consistent enough that it adds up. I was actually surprised it was only 5 (and the ref added nearly an extra minute on his own, IIRC).

WOW...THIS IS NUTS!
That is crazy! What are the chances? Family wins a raffle just to be there, then the child somehow develops into a generational talent who becomes the youngest to score at the Euros in a semi-final match. Yeah, happens every day...

Reactions: Skull83
That is crazy! What are the chances? Family wins a raffle just to be there, then the child somehow develops into a generational talent who becomes the youngest to score at the Euros in a semi-final match. Yeah, happens every day...
Parents all over the world are going to want Messi to baptize their kids šŸ™‚

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Wow, what a strike by Simons! Although I think Pickford was a bit slow to react to it and maybe could've saved it - also, terrible defense by Stones to allow Simons to win that ball. At least this will open things up.

Big VAR decision - penalty! Kane ties it! Wasn't sure he was going to be 100% to take it after the hard knock he took. Great penalty. 1-1. This should be fun.

England playing okay, but I'm not seeing much to convince me that Spain won't score 4 on either team.

OTOH, there's a tendency for the very best teams to kind of limp through tournaments, getting stronger as they advance through the rounds, peaking in the final where they seem like an entirely different team. England does seem better in this round than earlier in the tournament.

OTOOH, this game has a long way to go and neither team is that much better than the other, so anybody can win it.

Much slower pace so far in the 2nd half - some of it probably due to not being able to sustain the pace of the 1st half.
I think it's in large part due to both team's being cautious about putting numbers forward and risking giving up a cheap goal. Although, now that I say it, the Dutch are pressing a bit... ah, and now they've retreated back into their half again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT