ADVERTISEMENT

OT: hats off for Rutgers professor of microbiology Richard Ebright.

Actually, what rule did he violate?

He raised a controversial subject, sure. And it's about senate hearings which are held by politicians. And such hearings are almost always pointless exercises in shameless vote-grabbing by Senators from both sides of the aisle.

But, IMO, it's not exactly political because, while the senators are being political 'cause it's their job, nobody here is forced to be engage in partisanship about the topic. People can (and should be able to) discuss such theories without resorting to partisanship.
You are joking aren't you? There have been countless posts made by the mods that COVID related posts on this board are forbidden and will lead to banning, although I think I'm one of the only people who have been banned, which is odd, as my COVID posts since that change in policy have only ever been in response to others who started COVID discussions, like this thread. It's almost certain that I'd be permanently banned had I started a COVID thread like this one. It is what it is and even my two posts in this thread will likely get me in trouble. Given I post way less than I used to, it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

Ebright is a decent scientist (Howard Hughes investigator) in his specific area of expertise but he is also an all or none type and a major asshole. And he’s not a virologist. It’s laughable that the OP is all in on Ebright on this topic but doesn’t realize that Ebright would love for Rutgers to eliminate all sports.
Has Enbright said anything about eliminating all sports? The purpose of the post was to acknowledge that regardless of his feelings on Rutgers sports, he is a world renowned microbiologist and virologist. The last I heard Rutgers is still an institution of higher learning and not a sports franchise, although that is coming.

Reactions: bac2therac
You are joking aren't you? There have been countless posts made by the mods that COVID related posts on this board are forbidden and will lead to banning, although I think I'm one of the only people who have been banned, which is odd, as my COVID posts since that change in policy have only ever been in response to others who started COVID discussions, like this thread. It's almost certain that I'd be permanently banned had I started a COVID thread like this one. It is what it is and even my two posts in this thread will likely get me in trouble. Given I post way less than I used to, it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.
What a baby. People don’t like you. Read the room.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT