ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is your mail delivery slowing down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not saying you should have to walk through ice and deep snow but geez getting out of the truck to deliver mail should be part of the job. I dont like picking up peoples balls and trampolines and beer cans but i have to do it.

in Pike Run the guy doesnt even deliver sometimes 2x out of the 6 days and he isnt inserting the shop rite circular every week either.

not saying you should have to walk through ice and deep snow but geez getting out of the truck to deliver mail should be part of the job. I dont like picking up peoples balls and trampolines and beer cans but i have to do it.
For the third time, this stuff is rigidly timed. Every route has something like 30 minutes to sort the mail, 8 minutes to load the truck, 6 minutes to go from the post office to the first house, 9 minutes to finish the first street, etc. Usually the old timers get the driving routes, but I filled in on a couple of them and I found it harder to keep up with the expected pace on those than on the walking ones.

Reactions: Greg2020
Package deliveries have been a day or two later than predicted--but that's for Amazon as well as USPS. Our postal person is usually here by noon. And think that is near the end of his run. Think when he brings the new mail the mail he collected to the Post Office he is done for the day, so the faster he gets done the sooner he is off.

Re the Other Subject--are you going to hold the President responsible for the refusal of so many teens and 20 somethings to stop gathering in large groups and partying? Those people have been conditioned to Not Listen to the President. Or anyone else. It's a free country and nobody can tell me what to do. That attitude is our greatest strength and our greatest weakness. Always has been. We keep looking back on the Greatest Generation, when so many Americans died fighting the Axis. But we don't talk about the high rate of desertion--OHIO stood for Over the Hill in October. We even executed a few troops for cowardice in the face of the enemy. You are going to have your clunkers in any group.

Package deliveries have been a day or two later than predicted--but that's for Amazon as well as USPS. Our postal person is usually here by noon. And think that is near the end of his run. Think when he brings the new mail the mail he collected to the Post Office he is done for the day, so the faster he gets done the sooner he is off.
I'd be surprised if his route is done that early, the route inspectors try to set up every route to be 8 hours long. Also, in my experience, if you finish your route early, they'll send you out to take some mail from someone who is behind schedule.

We've had 100% mail in voting in Washington for years now with no reporting of voter fraud. Oregon the same thing for 26 years. The real reason for Trump's whining is that mail in voting thwarts the Republican agenda of voter suppression. Voter Photo I.D. laws passed by many Republican State Legislators prevents many inner city citizens, blacks, from voting because they don't have one. Reason is, they don't own a car because they can use mass transit, and therefore have no Driver's License. Trump knows full well that if they are allowed to vote by mail, he stands no chance of winning. He stated so many months ago.
So true.

One of the funniest comedy routines I ever heard dealt with the mail system long before the era of email and iPhones.. It was long ago when comedians used the mail system as the butt of all jokes and the Post Office had announced stamps were increased to... oh, I dunno.... let's say 25 cents. In George Carlin-esque style the comedian (I forgot who, maybe Carlin himself) goes into a 10 minute explanation of the economic bond between you and the United States Postal System. To condense it all down...

... You, citizen of the United States, has a piece of paper in New York. You need to get this piece of paper to someone 3,000 miles away in Seattle. The government agrees to send a man or woman to your door to take your piece of paper there within a week if you just leave it wavering in your mail box several feet from your door.

The postal service will personally take your piece of paper and route it for dozens of miles to regional facilities by truck. There they will sort it and make sure it is put on a plane and flown thousands of miles away and picked up and transported by trucks, hand sorted at the local post office, and send a man or woman to personally deliver your piece of paper, by hand, within feet of the door of the person receiving the piece of paper.

How much will this cost you, American citizen??????...... 25 cents.

So, what are you complaining about?

Last edited:
Of course you see it that way. Many see it as he wants a fair election with voting taking place legally. Open mail in ballots are a total joke. Do you have any idea how many dead people will receive one and how easy it is to corrupt the process especially in senior/high density living.
"Many". Lol.

As I mentioned in my post, everything is rigidly timed. Getting out of the truck multiple times on a route that is supposed to be just driving is going to put you further behind schedule. The routes that are walking are timed accordingly.

When I started, they mentioned at orientation not to deliver to a house that would require you to walk through ice, or snow-covered stairs, etc., but I had the mindset that I'm going to deliver everything and that some ice and snow isn't a big deal. I quickly realized I was wrong when one other carrier broke his leg after slipping on a driveway, and on multiple occasions I fell down icy stairs that resulted in some pretty deep cuts.
No delivery if sidewalks and stairs were not shoveled 24 hours after the snowfall. That was the policy in Hackettstown. Worked really well.

We've had 100% mail in voting in Washington for years now with no reporting of voter fraud. Oregon the same thing for 26 years. The real reason for Trump's whining is that mail in voting thwarts the Republican agenda of voter suppression. Voter Photo I.D. laws passed by many Republican State Legislators prevents many inner city citizens, blacks, from voting because they don't have one. Reason is, they don't own a car because they can use mass transit, and therefore have no Driver's License. Trump knows full well that if they are allowed to vote by mail, he stands no chance of winning. He stated so many months ago.

Well that explains why Oregon and Washington are such a mess.

Saw one yesterday parked under a shade tree about 530pm. Must have gotten out of his truck to deliver cause it was way past quitting time.

Trump’s Vendetta Against Jeff Bezos Could Destroy the Postal Service

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...t-jeff-bezos-could-destroy-the-postal-service

Trump has frequently attacked USPS, roping the agency into his long-running blood feud with Amazon and its founder, Jeff Bezos, who also owns another Trump target: the Washington Post. Trump has said the company costs the postal service “massive amounts of money for being their Delivery Boy,” calling for USPS to raise their prices—something experts and the USPS Board of Governors have recommended against.

For Trump, though, the pandemic has seemed an opportunity for him to settle scores with the agency—and as leverage in his longstanding feuds with Bezos and American democracy. Indeed, his apparent plan to bleed the postal service dry comes as the agency is poised to play perhaps a bigger role than ever in November’s election, as Democrats and voting rights advocates call for mail-in voting and other measures to ensure Americans can safely cast ballots in the midst of the pandemic
Reported.
Overtly political.

Reactions: RocktheRac
so after all the Lib Karens bitched about why are current event topics being posted, they continually have turned a bunch of threads into anti Trump threads this week.....really exposing themselves as phonies
+1
Report them all! :)

The truth hurts doesn’t it . You’re lucky they took the current events board down because you don’t have to face the music everyday up until Election Day . Don’t worry , we’ll still be sure to remind you on here .
Reported.

Give me a break. Trump downplayed the virus from the beginning and is still doing it. Not wearing a mask and not practicing social distancing sets a great example for his followers. Keep spreading the virus seems to be the mantra of the lunatic and his loyal worshipers.
Reported. Overtly political and not even on-topic.

Our postal person is usually here by noon. And think that is near the end of his run. Think when he brings the new mail the mail he collected to the Post Office he is done for the day, so the faster he gets done the sooner he is off.

I was a temp carrier for a summer during uni years. Once I got the route down mentally, I could finish by 1.30 (and that's with walking a lot of highland hills and stairs). However the full timers really looked down on that, and they would rip on a carrier who finished too early. Managers and carriers/clerks really hated each other then (I knew how "going postal" came to be lol)

so after all the Lib Karens bitched about why are current event topics being posted, they continually have turned a bunch of threads into anti Trump threads this week.....really exposing themselves as phonies
Mr. absolutely no self awareness embarrasses himself yet again.

Reactions: Greg2020 and Kbee3
Are you disputing the merits of the argument or are you just making another tired, lazy, and oft-repeated proclamation?

and to be clear, the merits of the argument are:

1) obvious political patronage appointment of multi million dollar Campaign donor. Something Mr. “Drain the Swamp” would rail against if it wasn’t him doing it.

2) appointing a Republican Party loyalist to be the post-master General in an election year exactly coinciding with a concerted attempt to undermine the legitimacy of a potential for wholesale mail in voting due to still being in the midst of a pandemic. And said postmaster general immediately orchestrates “cost-cutting” measures which further hamstring the perceived effectiveness of the postal service.

Yeah, we get it. This is just orange man bad, nothing to see here.
Presidents have been handing out positions of power for years to their party loyalist. Your lord and savior Obama did the same handing out positions of power to his friends. You act like this is the 1st time in the history of the Presidency this has happened. I suggest you and your liberal friends buy these in bulk.

51CdEaFC4UL._SX342_QL70_.jpg

Presidents have been handing out positions of power for years to their party loyalist. Your lord and savior Obama did the same handing out positions of power to his friends. You act like this is the 1st time in the history of the Presidency this has happened. I suggest you and your liberal friends buy these in bulk.

51CdEaFC4UL._SX342_QL70_.jpg
I’d ignore 90% of the post too if I had no response for it.

Reactions: Greg2020 and Kbee3
For the third time, this stuff is rigidly timed. Every route has something like 30 minutes to sort the mail, 8 minutes to load the truck, 6 minutes to go from the post office to the first house, 9 minutes to finish the first street, etc. Usually the old timers get the driving routes, but I filled in on a couple of them and I found it harder to keep up with the expected pace on those than on the walking ones.

Without poor service from the USPS for DECADES there would be no FedEx, UPS , no any other service to deliver something that has to get there is a timely manner.

So my friend who is a Pilot with FedEx thanks all those Newmans that lose mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT