ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heavy Rain Thursday (2/3), Ending as Some Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow Friday?

That's just dumb, since everyone knew it was going to be warmer this morning with any chance of frozen precip being after sunrise and especially after noon and into the early evening. Early closure I could understand. Are all of these offices in Trenton?
Most state offices are in Trenton but not all of them. My department for instance has an office in Trenton, 1 in New Brunswick, and 2 in Newark. But delay was for every state office in the state. Yes. Vety silly. They made the call about 8pm last night. If tbey just read this board they would know better

school closures are most certainly part of the thread, again why would anyone be surprised by what officials are doing
Fine. And if you whine about it and somehow try to tie to masking, which is ridiculous, I’ll call BS on your post.

SOOO , you decide what can be discussed here? IT seems a few of us had our opinion and wanted to discuss it. YOU lost! Have a nice day sweetheart.
Actually, I don’t- but if you want to keep whining go for it. Nobody wins or loses - it’s just a message board thread. Sweetheart? Now that’s just weird.

LOL! All for another BUST.
Forecast has been close to spot on since the first post of the thread, but don't let facts get in the way of a childish rant. The threads aren't about what schools and governments should or should not have done.

"With regard to the main point of this thread, however, most of the models are showing heavy rain (1-2") for the Philly-NJ-NYC area, Thursday into Friday, which could lead to urban flooding due to rain + melting snow (although probably 1/2" to 1" of rain would be largely absorbed in the snowpack, especially near the coast where 12"+ of snow fell,, but more than 1" of rain would likely lead to a lot more melting/runoff), but then enough cold air coming in on Friday morning to give the northern parts of our area some freezing rain (and maybe a bit of sleet and then snow), with the freezing rain scenario being especially concerning, with maybe 0.1-0.2" of freezing rain along and N of 78."

Most state offices are in Trenton but not all of them. My department for instance has an office in Trenton, 1 in New Brunswick, and 2 in Newark. But delay was for every state office in the state. Yes. Vety silly. They made the call about 8pm last night. If tbey just read this board they would know better
Gotcha - is the issue that if they close one they have to close them all? Maybe there are a few in NWNJ and if that's the case (even though that sounds like a dumb policy), I could understand. Spending 5 minutes watching a TV forecast or going to the NWS would've made it obvious there would be no issues anywhere in NJ, except maybe Sussex County, before late morning at the earliest.

cannot believe they shut schools for this..wtf

Seriously.

If that keeps up, they might grow up to be loafers who spend all day and night making hundreds of thousands of uninformed posts on internet message boards.

Reactions: RUPete
Gotcha - is the issue that if they close one they have to close them all? Maybe there are a few in NWNJ and if that's the case (even though that sounds like a dumb policy), I could understand. Spending 5 minutes watching a TV forecast or going to the NWS would've made it obvious there would be no issues anywhere in NJ, except maybe Sussex County, before late morning at the earliest.
I’ve never heard or seen a written policy about that but since I’ve never seen them just close certain offices to weather i guess there is our answer, it’s always been all or none(unless im forgetting but don’t think so). There has to be some state offices in NWNJ

Reactions: RU848789
Honestly go back and read my posts - you won’t find many of those in the weather threads. Right here? Yes, because the whining about an unrelated topic is annoying.
Isn't this a weather thread, sweatheart?? You're whining about other posters, calling them names yet you are and not talking about the weather. Aren't you as bad as they are?? BTW it's still raining. Don't see a change over here but slick spots after the storm.

Isn't this a weather thread, sweatheart?? You're whining about other posters, calling them names yet you are and not talking about the weather. Aren't you as bad as they are?? BTW it's still raining. Don't see a change over here but slick spots after the storm.
You’re in one of your moods. I’ll wait for you to wind down, but that probably won’t happen until tomorrow. Just talked about the weather in a previous post- must have missed it in your manic rage. And for the record, never said anyone was “bad” as you say, just called them out for whining.

You’re in one of your moods. I’ll wait for you to wind down, but that probably won’t happen until tomorrow. Just talked about the weather in a previous post- must have missed it in your manic rage. And for the record, never said anyone was “bad” as you say, just called them out for whining.
You've been in a mood in this thread all day. Lol. I actually posted about weather in this thread every post. You have been the manic rage idiot all day not me. I think you are the one that needs to get back on your meds. Besides you aren't the boss of this thread but act like you are. Crazy clown.

Reactions: goru1869
You've been in a mood in this thread all day. Lol. I actually posted about weather in this thread every post. You have been the manic rage idiot all day not me. I think you are the one that needs to get back on your meds. Besides you aren't the boss of this thread but act like you are. Crazy clown.
Wow. I’ll just leave this post right here to speak for WB. You never disappoint.

Wow. I’ll just leave this post right here to speak for WB. You never disappoint.
Your record on this thread. 1 post about weather, 11 posts complaining. It's still raining yet you are still complaining. You have more non weather posts than anyone on this thread. Congratulations being this threads distraction away from the topic.

State was salting 206 in Hillsborough all day today. Our landscape contractors just salted our streets and sidewalks at 6pm. WTF?? I keep asking on our Facebook group development and all I get is they are under contract and it's budgeted. Yea......but if they go over we get our monthly dues raised to cover it.

Your record on this thread. 1 post about weather, 11 posts complaining. It's still raining yet you are still complaining. You have more non weather posts than anyone on this thread. Congratulations being this threads distraction away from the topic.
Like I said- you always speak for yourself. The “11” posts were in response to posts from the usual group which came out to play. Check the other weather threads. You are the only one keeping this going. I think you are nuts but you are probably just drunk. Sleep it off and we’ll revisit this in the morning. I suspect you’ll be different then.

Like I said- you always speak for yourself. The “11” posts were in response to posts from the usual group which came out to play. Check the other weather threads. You are the only one keeping this going. I think you are nuts but you are probably just drunk. Sleep it off and we’ll revisit this in the morning. I suspect you’ll be different then.
I'm sober, it seems you are the clown with anger issues, not me. Maybe you should sleep it off and stop complaining about other posters and take your own advice and talk about the weather. BTW it has stopped raining. Winds have picked up hopefully dry out most of the area before it gets below freezing. Sidewalks and center of roads look good around here. Might get a bike ride in tomorrow. You will be working off your hangover.

4 pages on basically a non event for mostwith some freezing overnight of side roads not treated

They closed schools and offices based on nothing..thats a big failure

All the hype of ice early on dissipated run after run because as usual models from 3-4 days out do not know diddly
I do these threads for anyone within about an hour's drive or so of Rutgers-NB, which is roughly anywhere within 70 miles (which is mostly the NWS-Philly and NYC areas, which is why I always include maps and discussions from both offices) and there have been substantial icing impacts 25+ miles NW, N and NE of NB (essentially anywhere along/N of 80) and judging by folks asking questions in the thread, they seem to appreciate the info. And closing schools unnecessarily has nothing to do with the quality of the thread, which is about the weather.

Plus, I never said it was going to be some big winter storm for most of us, especially along 95 and S of 78, even in my opening post, but it did have the risk of this kind of icing, which was realized for some. I also said prepare for ice storm hype in social media a couple of days ago, but don't think I hyped this at all - sure I mentioned that there were outlier models showing icier solutions for the immediate CNJ area, but that most models were not and I've been telling people in our immedate area to not worry about main roads, but to be careful of driveways and sidewalks, which has been good advice for people N of 78, in NYC and adjacent NENJ, where some icing is going on. And the models, overall, have done quite well, IMO (even the GFS corrected the past day).

I'm sober, it seems you are the clown with anger issues, not me. Maybe you should sleep it off and stop complaining about other posters and take your own advice and talk about the weather. BTW it has stopped raining. Winds have picked up hopefully dry out most of the area before it gets below freezing. Sidewalks and center of roads look good around here. Might get a bike ride in tomorrow. You will be working off your hangover.
Have fun. Can you work in an anger management class too? You will need it.

Have fun. Can you work in an anger management class too? You will need it.
I teach it. You are the one with 11 posts shaming people. Not me. Too funny you don't realize that you have been the same idiot, with more posts then anyone on here.
Temps have steadied here. The wind maybe a savior here.
Get back on your meds mad man.

I teach it. You are the one with 11 posts shaming people. Not me. Too funny you don't realize that you have been the same idiot, with more posts then anyone on here.
Temps have steadied here. The wind maybe a savior here.
Get back on your meds mad man.
Another post that speaks for itself. Sad. Bizarre rant. Good night Irene.

Another post that speaks for itself. Sad. Bizarre rant. Good night Irene.
Rant??? 🤣🤣🤣 You have been ranting all day and not about the weather!! Which you're 1-15 now!! Meth is bad. Drop the pipe dude. Just having my first brew, dry town temps dropping but no freezing. Your forecast is insanity.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Wow, you really need to sober up tomorrow and look at what you post. And if you are sober, that’s worse. You’re nuts.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Wow, you really need to sober up tomorrow and look at what you post. And if you are sober, that’s worse. You’re nuts.
🤣🤣🤣 The clown who has been telling everyone in this thread to talk about weather but refused to do himself is admittedly clueless needs to take his face out of the liquor punch bowl. Amazing you can even type.
So winds are drying the streets and the sidewalks. Unlike you who needs to dry out. I can smell the liquor in your posts and you probably lost a few teeth from the meth today. Lol

B-FGtJLIAAAq5VB.png

• Love
Reactions: bac2therac
Interestingly, sub-32F temps have made their way down the Hudson Valley and into NYC/NENJ over the past 2 hours, with light freezing rain accretion now being reported all over the place on colder surfaces; oddly areas in NJ west of about the NJ TPK between 78 and 80 are still above 32F - seems like topography is allowing the cold air in the Hudson Valley to drain more easily down the Hudson on light northerly winds, due south into the urban areas of NENJ/NYC. Roads don't sound like they're bad yet in the urban areas, but they might start to get bad soon if the precip keeps up with temps at 30-32F (31F in Central Park right now, where slippery sidewalks are being reported). This could definitely end up more serious than most of us thought a few hours ago, even.

Haven't seen temps below 32F, yet south of 78 in NJ, but it looks like that should happen in the next hour or two, which could put down a glaze of ice for much of Hunterdon, Mercer, Somerset and Middlesex Counties (and Bucks/Montco in PA). As always, very tricky forecast when 1F can make a big difference.

https://www.weather.gov/okx/

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service New York NY
440 PM EST Fri Feb 4 2022

NJZ006-106>108-NYZ072-074-075-176-178-179-042345-
Hudson-Eastern Union-Eastern Essex-Western Union-Northern
Queens-Southern Queens-New York (Manhattan)-Kings (Brooklyn)-Richmond
(Staten Is.)-Southern Nassau-
440 PM EST Fri Feb 4 2022

...ICY CONDITIONS DEVELOPING FOR THE EVENING COMMUTE...

Temperatures are expected to drop to around 30 through 6pm with
light freezing rain and freezing drizzle developing across the
region.

The freezing rain may coat roadways and walkways with a thin layer
of ice that may be undetectable. Please use extreme caution,
especially on bridges, overpasses and around curves. Allow plenty of
stopping distance and avoid braking suddenly.

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service New York NY
425 PM EST Fri Feb 4 2022

CTZ005-009-NJZ004-006-103>108-NYZ069>073-078-176-177-042315-
Northern Fairfield-Southern Fairfield-Hudson-Eastern Union-Eastern
Essex-Western Bergen-Western Union-Western Essex-Eastern
Bergen-Eastern Passaic-Rockland-Northern Nassau-Northern
Queens-Northwest Suffolk-Southern Westchester-Bronx-New York
(Manhattan)-Northern Westchester-
425 PM EST Fri Feb 4 2022

...ICY CONDITIONS FOR THE EVENING COMMUTE...

Temperatures were at or are expected to drop into the upper 20s to
around 30 through 6pm with light freezing rain and freezing drizzle
across the region.

The freezing rain will coat untreated roadways and walkways with a
thin layer of ice that may be undetectable. Please use extreme
caution, especially on bridges, overpasses and around curves. Allow
plenty of stopping distance and avoid braking suddenly.
Well, about an hour ago it finally reached 32F here in Metuchen (and N or the Raritan in general) and we did get a very light glaze of freezing rain on colder surfaces (unpaved), like the grass and our deck and any metal, which means the NWS advisory verified for us. Also had a short burst of sleet. Looks like another burst of freezing rain or sleet is on our doorstep.

Edit: actually this last batch was snow as we got a dusting from it.

Last edited:
Snowing at a good clip in Wall/Manasquan. Was out for about an hour, and my car had a decent coating of snow/sleet on it.
Nobody here said sh*t about snow. WTF. I finally saw grass for a few hours now this white crap again. I need the new pastures I'm making dry as I've got a 40 ton excavator coming next week to push down some trees. If not, it'll be a mud pit and working in the mud sucks ass.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Nobody here said sh*t about snow. WTF. I finally saw grass for a few hours now this white crap again. I need the new pastures I'm making dry as I've got a 40 ton excavator coming next week to push down some trees. If not, it'll be a mud pit and working in the mud sucks ass.
It's only been in the thread title since the first post, lol - but admittedly hasn't been the priority of the thread, because freezing rain is a far more dangerous winter precip type. At least the coming week should be pretty dry for you.

ADVERTISEMENT