ADVERTISEMENT

OT: La Niña - what should we expect?

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
Lost in the other thread was my question about what we should expect now that the scientists have confirmed that La Niña is kicking in. I'd like to hear from those more educated on meteorological conditions how this might effect us.

El Niño is dead -- are we ready for La Niña?

650x366_06221023_la-nin_a-winter-impacts-2016-hd-adc.jpg

X

It's safe to say that somewhere in the US somebody is going to get it pretty bad:
rita.jpg

I'm sure at least a few folks on here are now calling friends in the Bahamas, South Florida and the Gulf Coast warning them of an approaching hurricane. In case anyone doesn't realize it, that's a graphic of Katrina's forecast path.

With regard to La Nina, the correlations to NE cold/snow exist, but they're relatively weak, i.e., nowhere near a given that it'll be colder and snowier than normal. Although that makes for a much more entertaining time on the weather boards and even here...

I'm sure at least a few folks on here are now calling friends in the Bahamas, South Florida and the Gulf Coast warning them of an approaching hurricane. In case anyone doesn't realize it, that's a graphic of Katrina's forecast path.

With regard to La Nina, the correlations to NE cold/snow exist, but they're relatively weak, i.e., nowhere near a given that it'll be colder and snowier than normal. Although that makes for a much more entertaining time on the weather boards and even here...

It also looks like a picture of a penis but that would rely on inference skills that not many on this board use often.

Reactions: vkj91
One thing you can bank on with el Nina is blame. If it brings cold, warm, snow, rain, drought, unseasonable heat or cold it will be all the SUV's fault.

Don't know about the last real La Nina, but in '98 in Dec we had temps in the 50' s while the West Coast was soggy.and wet. It's different for everybody and depends s where you live. Don't think it's ever the same as a cyclical event.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT