ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LAUSD Cancel Fall Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Materials are on a laptop or in the cloud.

2. IT support is not in the building either. And IT support isn't going to help you with Google classroom or whatever third party tool is being used.
We heard from multiple grammar school teachers that they didn’t have access to the materials they Needed “because I never thought it would last this long”

Why shouldn’t they be at the place they actually work? Doing what they actually do. Teach from school. Not hard to fathom.

Im not against it, but the entire situation calls for flexibility from district to district, school to school, even class to class. It doesn't need a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach determined by a single non-educator.

Can we agree on that?

Im not against it, but the entire situation calls for flexibility from district to district, school to school, even class to class. It doesn't need a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach determined by a single non-educator.

Can we agree on that?
Yes but asking people to go to their place of work isn’t exactly rigid.

If you have no skin in the game, ie no kids in school, why do you insist on shoving your opinions down others’ throats?
It’s funny because Cali does his “business” from a golf course but teachers can’t do remote learning teaching from anywhere I guess . In fact , we’ve already been told if we end school before lunch we can do our remote portion anywhere . We al have chrome books and they have the same desktop as our computers in school . It’s not the 1970s anymore dinosaur

Reactions: NotInRHouse
It’s funny because Cali does his “business” from a golf course but teachers can’t do remote learning teaching from anywhere I guess . In fact , we’ve already been told if we end school before lunch we can do our remote portion anywhere . We al have chrome books and they have the same desktop as our computers in school . It’s not the 1970s anymore dinosaur

I was in my office yesterday...until Gov Hair Gel shut it all down.

But I own the business. I can do whatever I want. You work for taxpayers. Big difference. If working from home is so important to you, which it appears to be, you'll have to get another job. Sorry.

We heard from multiple grammar school teachers that they didn’t have access to the materials they Needed “because I never thought it would last this long”
That’s because they couldn’t get back in the school to get them . That won’t be the case this year . Do you think that teachers never brought materials and work home with them in a normal school year and worked ok lessons at home and at night ? I guess you guys thought once the school day is over the teachers leave their stuff at school and go to the bars ? Some of you guys are so out of touch and have. I idea how schools and teachers actually work .

But I own the business. I can do whatever I want. You work for taxpayers. Big difference. If working from home is so important to you, which it appears to be, you'll have to get another job. Sorry.
It’s not that important , but if the kids are not in the building I can get my work done from anywhere . These are different times.

No, they really aren’t. If they were parents would agree with you. They don’t.

I think the parents would care if the work is getting done and not where it’s coming from . That’s the most important thing

What you and people like you do is far more important and valuable than whatever it is he pretends he does.

No, they care about socializing, working themselves, and having a real learning experience.

And we know the kids want to be in school now.

You are laser focused on the WFH model. You just chose the wrong profession.

No, they really aren’t. If they were parents would agree with you. They don’t.
You pretend to be an expert on all matters education but you really have no clue , Just like your idol and pence . I have school aged kids , my masters in Ed leadership and have been a teacher for 16 years so I think I know a little bit about the subject

No, they care about socializing, working themselves, and having a real learning experience.

And we know the kids want to be in school now.

You are laser focused on the WFH model. You just chose the wrong profession.
You are clueless , I’m not talking about a work from home model . I’m talking about what goes on after the kids leave for the day if it’s a half day or modified school day . You completely missed my point the whole time . All teachers want to go back and teach , we don’t want to teach remotely but that’s not the situation we’ve been put in thanks to your idol . We want to make sure teachers and the kids are safe and the rules are in place at schools to make learning this way functional for everyone .

You are clueless , I’m not talking about a work from home model . I’m talking about what goes on after the kids leave for the day if it’s a half day or modified school day . You completely missed my point the whole time . All teachers want to go back and teach , we don’t want to teach remotely but that’s not the situation we’ve been put in thanks to your idol . We want to make sure teachers and the kids are safe and the rules are in place at schools to make learning this way functional for everyone .
Shocking.

We aren’t in that situation. The union wants that situation. Other states will go back....no doubt in my mind.

30 kids under 15 have died from Covid. Nationally. They are safe. If you are at risk, then find a new job. Kids need to be educated.

I see why you have such anger and animosity at your President now. He’s making you actually work.

We aren’t in that situation. The union wants that situation. Other states will go back....no doubt in my mind.
All we’ve been told in nj is that we are going back in probably a hybrid model. It’s other states that are now having to adapt and not go back in person because of their numbers . Do you live in nj? What states are you referring to?

Yes but asking people to go to their place of work isn’t exactly rigid.

I mean ... It is when the work is organized completely contrary to what the classroom was designed for.

But it doesn't matter. Regardless of your "feelings," schools will run the way they believe best.

All we’ve been told in nj is that we are going back in probably a hybrid model. It’s other states that are now having to adapt and not go back in person because of their numbers . Do you live in nj? What states are you referring to?
I live in NJ. I haven’t confirmed it but I was told at soccer today that Massachusetts is going back full time.

30 kids under 15 have died from Covid. Nationally. They are safe. If you are at risk, then find a new job. Kids need to be educated.

I see why you have such anger and animosity at your President now. He’s making you actually work.
I’ve worked my whole life , starting from 13. I work , I coach 2 sports and get home at late during the seasons . I went to get my masters , I work in the summer , I take extra jobs at school . Some of my colleagues that have conditions or family members with conditions are nervous and want answers on how they will be protected . They didn’t create the situation or make it worse .
If trump handled this right from the beginning, we’d all be back to work . You are a typical right winger ,; your idol and his admin screwed this so bad that now you go back to your Dems don’t want to work talking point . It was actually your idol that didn’t want to do the extra work of actually acknowledging and having a plan on how to stop the spread of the disease .

I live in NJ. I haven’t confirmed it but I was told at soccer today that Massachusetts is going back full time.
That’s great , that’s what we all want . Mass has done a great job . If it wasn’t for the mass gatherings at lunch and recess I think nj would do the same things and I know some districts that are trying to do that .

I’ve worked my whole life , starting from 13. I work , I coach 2 sports and get home at late during the seasons . I went to get my masters , I work in the summer , I take extra jobs at school . Some of my colleagues that have conditions or family members with conditions are nervous and want answers on how they will be protected . They didn’t create the situation or make it worse .
If trump handled this right from the beginning, we’d all be back to work . You are a typical right winger ,; your idol and his admin screwed this so bad that now you go back to your Dems don’t want to work talking point . It was actually your idol that didn’t want to do the extra work of actually acknowledging and having a plan on how to stop the spread of the disease .

Nah, you called him a xexophobe for banning people from China and Europe. Maybe if NY/NJ handled it better thousands of old people wouldn't have been murdered. Cut out those two states and things look good!

Enjoy you WFH. It ain't lasting long.

Nah, you called him a xexophobe for banning people from China and Europe. Maybe if NY/NJ handled it better thousands of old people wouldn't have been murdered. Cut out those two states and things look good!

Enjoy you WFH. It ain't lasting long.
Never used that word in my life actually . Another Fox News talking point that your golf buddies told you about . Don’t ever lecture me about working hard when your idol is a con man .

Never used that word in my life actually . Another Fox News talking point that your golf buddies told you about . Don’t ever lecture me about working hard when your idol is a con man .
Liberals use it like crazy. Including your hero Biden, who never had a job in his life. He would have been a teaching candidate :)

Liberals use it like crazy. Including your hero Biden, who never had a job in his life. He would have been a teaching candidate :)
Biden is not my hero . I don’t idolize politicians, most normal people don’t. Also Donny hasn’t worked an honest day on his life ; anyone with a working brain knows that . Did you watch his press conference today. What a sad state of affairs . Guy is breaking down before our very eyes .

But he won't, tho. That's what he just said in his post.

Biden is not my hero . I don’t idolize politicians, most normal people don’t. Also Donny hasn’t worked an honest day on his life ; anyone with a working brain knows that . Did you watch his press conference today. What a sad state of affairs . Guy is breaking down before our very eyes .
Yea, I saw Biden’s. Couldn’t even speak and his dentures were about to fall out. All while trying to sell killing America. It was funny. Sad, pathetic. But funny.

Yea, I saw Biden’s. Couldn’t even speak and his dentures were about to fall out. All while trying to sell killing America. It was funny. Sad, pathetic. But funny.
Even Joe slurring his words makes way more sense than Donny . Sad, but true .

Won't have to get another job to work from home. Because schools are already leaning that way.
Not in Orange Co. and even if there are, it’s not forever. As bad as it is for kids the teachers will be back at some point. For someone who has WFH as the top priority, he’s in the wrong profession.

You are out of your mind. Again most teachers are working twice as hard virtual learning.

The issue with this ...a lot ...and I means a lot ...of schools do not have the WiFi power to broadcast interactive classes according to the normal schedule simultaneous.

So you wound be back to recording classes and kids watching videos. Not good

at least if teachers are doing it remotely...it might work (of course in the assumption that their homes, At their own expense.

it’s easy to say ...teachers go do your job. But when the tools to their job isn’t readily available...it’s a challenge like every other profession

Reactions: Caliknight
The issue with this ...a lot ...and I means a lot ...of schools do not have the WiFi power to broadcast interactive classes according to the normal schedule simultaneous.

So you wound be back to recording classes and kids watching videos. Not good

at least if teachers are doing it remotely...it might work (of course in the assumption that their homes, At their own expense.

it’s easy to say ...teachers go do your job. But when the tools to their job isn’t readily available...it’s a challenge like every other profession
Many students in low income areas don’t have computers or WiFi at home. What do they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT