ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson returning to the ring

So out of all of the things said by everyone here about everything, THIS comment about Jake Paul gets you THIS upset?

K.

Huh? It didn’t upset me. It did strike me as an odd thing to wish on someone who is basically harmless.

So out of all of the things said by everyone here about everything, THIS comment about Jake Paul gets you THIS upset?

K.
So let me get this straight. You're comparing someone saying Camden should hand their win to Manasqun to essentially saying you hope someone might die in the ring in a boxing match?

I think the thing that makes Ali stand out is the quality of his opponents. Think of someone like Earnie Shavers or George Chuvalo. These weren't top contenders, like Foreman or Frazier, but formidable fighters.

So let me get this straight. You're comparing someone saying Camden should hand their win to Manasqun to essentially saying you hope someone might die in the ring in a boxing match?
I know the CE people in the Rutgers board who had blasted every inch of Camden, Newark, Jersey City with impunity, has no problems calling people who don’t agree with their hilarious solution of a Camden forfeit ”racist” and whatnot and think I should sit there and take it. But for at least two people to defend Jake Paul because I don’t like the scumbag is kind of ironic but not surprising. To each his own I guess

I know the CE people in the Rutgers board who had blasted every inch of Camden, Newark, Jersey City with impunity, has no problems calling people who don’t agree with their hilarious solution of a Camden forfeit ”racist” and whatnot and think I should sit there and take it. But for at least two people to defend Jake Paul because I don’t like the scumbag is kind of ironic but not surprising. To each his own I guess

I think you are generally a reasonable poster. And I’d like to be clear on this: you stand by your comment that you’d like Jake Paul to end up in a coma? That’s a very specific wish.

Tyson can still put in a quality round.

But the longer it goes, it’s going to favor Jake Paul.

I think you are generally a reasonable poster. And I’d like to be clear on this: you stand by your comment that you’d like Jake Paul to end up in a coma? That’s a very specific wish.
I didn’t realize wishing was illegal. I don’t know why I have to clear it with you that I hope Mike Tyson knocks him into next afterlife.

I mean are you legally dumpster diving for future reference? TF???

I'm no expert in boxing, but my gut tells me that if it was Tyson in his prime vs Muhammed Ali in his prime.. Tyson could destroy him if he connects his full power punches inside the first three rounds. Tyson is so much more savage than Ali was. If Ali caused Tyson to miss everything... Tyson would get tired in time and he'd lose.

Reactions: newell138
I didn’t realize wishing was illegal. I don’t know why I have to clear it with you that I hope Mike Tyson knocks him into next afterlife.

I mean are you legally dumpster diving for future reference? TF???
Very sensitive. Jeez.

Don't get me wrong Paul is a much better marketer than boxer, but he can still hold his own and would probably be an average, run of the mill boxer if he was a real pro. An average pro boxer in his prime vs any 57 year old former champion is not going to go well for the 57 year old.
He can hold his own. As long as his opponent can't fog a mirror. When he actually fought someone with a pulse whose birthday cake candles didn't present a fire hazard, he lost.

Maybe just maybe Joe Louis was the greatest heavy weight of all time.
I think every heavyweight had losses, except for Rocky Marciano
You would have to start with the idea he was the best, one would think
Like many others, he almost came out of retirement in 1959, four years afyer his last fight,but then changed his mind _preserving his unblemished record

I'm no expert in boxing, but my gut tells me that if it was Tyson in his prime vs Muhammed Ali in his prime.. Tyson could destroy him if he connects his full power punches inside the first three rounds. Tyson is so much more savage than Ali was. If Ali caused Tyson to miss everything... Tyson would get tired in time and he'd lose.
Ali’s Defense was second to none. Yes it’s over if Tyson connects. But he would have to connect with Ali moving all over the place. Plus Ali obviously faced fighters who threw bombs: Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Norton, etc.

And people forget how fast and powerful Prime Ali’s punches were. This would’ve been probably the best fight ever.

Foreman hitting the heavy bag (from "When We Were Kings")

Norman Mailer:

"Foreman hitting the heavy bag is one of the more prodigious sites I ever saw in my life"

In 2005 , Mine Tyson lost his last real fight to journeyman Kevin McBride, who promptly lost 6 of his next 8.

The idea that he could destroy any boxer 20 years later is laughable.

It won’t be a real fight vs Paul, but Tyson would be a decided underdog against any 30 year old fighter in his weight class.

Reactions: LOU-RU85
In 2005 , Mine Tyson lost his last real fight to journeyman Kevin McBride, who promptly lost 6 of his next 8.

It won’t be a real fight vs Paul, but Tyson would be a decided underdog against any 30 year old fighter in his weight class.
I guess the question is whether Jake Paul is really a boxer? I don't think he is. This is just something he fell into. I take anything an "influencer" does with a grain a salt.

I guess the question is whether Jake Paul is really a boxer? I don't think he is. This is just something he fell into. I take anything an "influencer" does with a grain a salt.
He looks like a freak. He's apparently 9-1 in the ring. But just looking at a few random pictures of him fighting, he leaves himself wide open to get knocked out, IMO.

72887702007-getty-images-1859820069.jpg

jake-paul-boxing.jpg

0x0.jpg

He looks like a freak. He's apparently 9-1 in the ring. But just looking at a few random pictures of him fighting, he leaves himself wide open to get knocked out, IMO.

72887702007-getty-images-1859820069.jpg

jake-paul-boxing.jpg

0x0.jpg
This scumbag and his 9-1 record, should have more asterisks than what Camden got last two weeks. There’s a reason why he’s 9-1 and it’s not because he’s that good. 💰💰💰

This scumbag and his 9-1 record, should have more asterisks than what Camden got last two weeks. There’s a reason why he’s 9-1 and it’s not because he’s that good. 💰💰💰
Tomato cans for opponents? I've never heard of the guy, but it has been quite a few years since I have followed boxing. Used to follow heavyweight boxing closely in the days of real boxers like Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Shavers, etc.

People thought that when he fought Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier was another power puncher that would rock his clock
Foreman had too much power for Ali to handle.
Ali proved he could win against the best
Tyson might prove to be another one that Ali finds a way to defeat.
I would like to see if Iron Mike could beat Sonny when both were in their prime

He challenged a guy who was blind in one eye. The majority of his opponents have been washed up MMA fighters. This is the return of giggle sports. It's not boxing.

If I recall, Tyson in his later boxing career was heavier, was a drug abuser and was not training diligently and also did it mostly for the money to help clear debt. I think he had also been in prison.

Paul is more of a circus show than boxer and money has likely been involved in his decisions. We'll see how this goes.

We'll find out, even before the fight starts, if Paul knows how to protect himself against Tyson's brutal attack style.
If Jake ( not the state farm guy) enters the ring with ear muffs on, he has a chance to win.
If Mike is wearing a muzzle when he enters the ring , odds on him doing damage goes down

Reactions: goru1869
If I recall, Tyson in his later boxing career was heavier, was a drug abuser and was not training diligently and also did it mostly for the money to help clear debt. I think he had also been in prison.

Paul is more of a circus show than boxer and money has likely been involved in his decisions. We'll see how this goes.
Didn't Tyson start downhill when he fired Kevin Rooney as his trainer?

Didn't Tyson start downhill when he fired Kevin Rooney as his trainer?
Once Don King latched on to Tyson Rooney was out because Kevin was Tyson's stabilizing force and tried to keep King from ruining Mike
Tyson dumped Kevin because of Rooney and King not getting along.

Under King's guidance Mike Tyson didn't have the type of life coaching that "Cus" D'Amato gave him starting out and Rooney continued until Don King entered the picture and took over Tyson's career

He said coma. A coma would be a great way to shut Jake Paul up, without killing him.

Reactions: tico brown
Those videos shows Tyson’s skills are still insane at his age.

If this fight was legit: won’t last past Round 2. But it won’t be so…
Last thing to go is power, if this guy stands and fights in the first few rounds, Tyson will have him kissing canvas!
I predict he will run away and try to tire Tyson out.

Last thing to go is power, if this guy stands and fights in the first few rounds, Tyson will have him kissing canvas!
I predict he will run away and try to tire Tyson out.
If this was a legit fight, this would be the legit plan. But I hope that Logan Paul’s money doesn’t determine the outcome of the fight.

I have no idea who this Paul guy is but think it's sad to see an ex great fighter - like Tyson - attempt something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT