ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minor to Moderate Snowfall Sunday (2/13) Morning; and a warm pattern for the 2nd half of Feb

Radar really blowing up now in CNJ - those NWS guys know what they're doing, lol - this could easily put down another 1/2" or so if it holds together - beautiful big dendrites fallkng moderately right now.

aL3OFFr.png

The landscapers are using the backback blowers blowing what little snow is on the walks...lol

Seems to be over in Wall. Nothing on road or driveway. 1/4 inch would be generous on other surfaces. With the forecast calling for 2-3 inches, this may be the biggest bust of the winter.
You keep prematurely calling the end of the event; your advisory was for 1-3", so if you get to 1" it verifies and you'll very likely get to 1" in the coming snow bands...

Seems to be over in Wall. Nothing on road or driveway. 1/4 inch would be generous on other surfaces. With the forecast calling for 2-3 inches, this may be the biggest bust of the winter.
Did you say?

lookbook-large-cup-bras-promote_0.jpg

As of 9 am we had 2.6" on colder surfaces and 2" on the sidewalk/driveway, so you're way off on this one. Maybe try making a useful contribution or just don't post.
As of 10:00 am, we hit 3.0", with 0.4" the last hour and most of that in the last 20 minutes with the moderate band we're under. My driveway and sidewalks are getting snow-covered again after shoveling. Still 32F.

Interesting not sticking to pavement up inyour parts but Numbers claims he is out two times shovelling inches in Metuchen
Just stop. Never said I shoveled twice. Said the driveway and sidewalk were starting to get snow covered again an hour ago under a fairly heavy band. That put down about 1/2" on my paved surfaces, which is now melting in the indirect sun with lighter rates. Every person on the boards within 10-15 miles of me is reporting in the 2.5-3.5" range. Right along 95 was also predicted to get the most in CNJ and that's verifying.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
This is the perfect snow storm. Pretty on the ground and on trees but streets driveways and sidewalk all clear. Get the pretty winter feel without breaking my back.

northeast Monmouth county - looks like 2-3 inches on lawn. Looks like forecast was spot-on, opposite of a bust

This is the perfect snow storm. Pretty on the ground and on trees but streets driveways and sidewalk all clear. Get the pretty winter feel without breaking my back.

northeast Monmouth county - looks like 2-3 inches on lawn. Looks like forecast was spot-on, opposite of a bust
Interesting, bc SE Monmouth has probably 1/4" on the ground, if that. The call was for 2.5-2.7" in our area. It started snowing again, but not accumulating and now tapering off.
We lucked out with the temperatures favoring rain a melting just a bit south of you.

LMRQgwJ.png

Reactions: bac2therac
As of 10:00 am, we hit 3.0", with 0.4" the last hour and most of that in the last 20 minutes with the moderate band we're under. My driveway and sidewalks are getting snow-covered again after shoveling. Still 32F.
As of 11:00 am, we're up to 3.25" with 1/4" the last hour; my driveway/sidewalk still has about 1/2" of snow in most spots from the earlier band, although that will melt with current rates and the indirect sun. Still decent snowfall rate (looks like 1/4" per hour rates) and still 32F.

Interesting, bc SE Monmouth has probably 1/4" on the ground, if that. The call was for 2.5-2.7" in our area. It started snowing again, but not accumulating and now tapering off.
We lucked out with the temperatures favoring rain a melting just a bit south of you.

LMRQgwJ.png
Yes, they did predict 2-3" yesterday afternoon and that has clearly not verified south of about AP, due to borderline temps and less precip. However, the NWS did knock snowfall forecasts for the Monmouth coast down to 1-2" overnight. Also, on the radar, looks like you should be getting decent snowfall rates now, although at midday, accumulations will be reduced and only on colder surfaces.

Agree. If we could limit winter to these types of snowfalls, I would sign up.

Im right next to Camden right now.
Still flurrying.
Only sticking to grass and cars

You shoveled the walks already with I don't know how much less than the 3 inches on the grass.

Reactions: bac2therac
The Usual Suspects can’t get their way so they’re here to get this thread shut down again.

A shame but predictable.

Agree. If we could limit winter to these types of snowfalls, I would sign up.
Esp since I’m the one shoveling the sidewalks, steps, driveways, etc and not playing football on the street like in my youth lol.

Reactions: RUPete
You shoveled the walks already with I don't know how much less than the 3 inches on the grass.
The driveway and sidewalks had about 2.5" on them - as I said earlier, it took longer for the snow to start accumulating on them vs. the colder surfaces, so there was about a 1/2" differential. Once the snow starts to accumulate on paved surfaces, all subsequent snow accumulates easily on top of the 32F snow now on the paved surface, especially when it's dark and at or below 32F, which it was for several hours.

Most people who don't like snow would agree with this - on my FB feed, which has a bunch of people commenting in my observations thread, many have said the same thing. Back to moderate snow here...

The driveway and sidewalks had about 2.5" on them - as I said earlier, it took longer for the snow to start accumulating on them vs. the colder surfaces, so there was about a 1/2" differential. Once the snow starts to accumulate on paved surfaces, all subsequent snow accumulates easily on top of the 32F snow now on the paved surface, especially when it's dark and at or below 32F, which it was for several hours.
My back patio is wet, yet my driveway had 2.5-3 inches. Guess it’s a sun angle thing. Quick shovel and it’s melting nicely now

My back patio is wet, yet my driveway had 2.5-3 inches. Guess it’s a sun angle thing. Quick shovel and it’s melting nicely now
Where are you? Sounds very strange, as much of the snow should've fallen before the sun was up very high and I wouldn't have thought a patio and a driveway would be any different (my back deck and driveway and sidewalk all had similar amounts). Is there any heat source near/under your patio?

Noticed the same thing with the sidewalks on my block. Nothing on my walk, but down the block is covered in snow.

Now that's a great contribution. Never heard of Blippi before, but anyone who was once a kid who liked playing in the snow or who was a fun parent who played in the snow with their kids should appreciate that video even if the guy is annoying (looks kind of like T2K). I still miss going sledding with our son - we actually went in last year's big storm for old time's sake.

The Usual Suspects can’t get their way so they’re here to get this thread shut down again.

A shame but predictable.
First they claim bust no matter what the outcome was and then they start making political posts to get people arguing, which shuts the thread down usually, just like the first one on this event. The mods and Richie won't do anything on my behalf, but they might if premium members, like you, said something (or they might not).

ADVERTISEMENT