ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football 2022 Bowl Games Thread

Went to bed last night but looks like a nice win for TT against Ole Miss last night, 42-25. Solid first season for McGuire at TT. 8 wins but more importantly their first winning season (5-4) in the B12 dating all the way back to 2009 and Leach's last year. Btw for those that don't know, he was just a Texas high school coach not that long ago (5 years) and has never been a coordinator. He was brought on at Baylor by Rhule for Texas recruiting, kept on by Aranda as LB coach and then hired by TT. He's made some potentially solid hires with Kittley as OC and DeRuyter as DC. He's definitely a gambler. I think TT might have the highest number of 4th down attempts in the country, if not TT is up there.

The playing field at the Pinstripe Bowl is an absolute joke.
Players slipping over the place… WRs can’t even make their cuts. Dangerous conditions
This Bowl should be banished.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I like the pinstripe, would kill to be there in a game today.
that said, the field has always sucked there

Minny D is legit

Weird stat line:
Cuse - 459 yards of offense to Minnesota's 208 yards.
Minnesota up 28-13. Pick 6 by Schrader was a buzz kill.
Edit- now a fumble by Schrader.

I like the pinstripe, would kill to be there in a game today.
that said, the field has always sucked there

Minny D is legit
Funny thing we used to be killed for playing in that bowl and in that stadium . Now everyone makes it seem like it’s a great bowl

Reactions: ru66
Funny thing we used to be killed for playing in that bowl and in that stadium . Now everyone makes it seem like it’s a great bowl
We were pissed at being in it because the 2011 team pinstinked us and underachieved that year . We had BCS aspirations . 2011 we never forget being pinstinked.
In 2013, we were a bad 6-6 and flood should have been fired and we played in that game. So most of the fanbase was pissed.

If we go 6-6 in 2023 we will be thrilled to be in the pinstripe

FSU takes the lead 35-32 with :55 secs left. OU has run 82 plays and 60 of them runs...Lebby is a Briles offense guy. Like I've said those type of offenses can and do run the ball.

Oooh crucial false start costs OU 10 secs.

"Complete turnaround?" A little poetic license there -- U. Washington was 7-6 last year. It's a great achievement, but the hyperbole is a little much.
They were 4-8 last year and 3-6 in the PAC12. Their offense was crap. Jimmy Lake had problems both on and off the field. Not sure what led him to hire John Donovan (very bad failed PSU OC from awhile back) as his OC.

Reactions: tomatocan
My major theme throughout the day yesterday was Quarterback Quarterback Quarterback.
I think we all saw some Heisman candidates yesterday.
Is Arch better than Ewers?
Wow that's some QB room.

They were 4-8 last year and 3-6 in the PAC12. Their offense was crap. Jimmy Lake had problems both on and off the field. Not sure what led him to hire John Donovan (very bad failed PSU OC from awhile back) as his OC.
Oh, you're right! I misread the Wilkipedia piece. 7-6 was Lake's record in two years of coaching -- he was 3-1 during the 2020 Covid season. This is what comes of posting at 7 a.m.!

OK, so the question then becomes. . "why was DeBoer able to do so much?" The only answer I can suggest is that U. Washington has had a lot of past success. They were able to pay Chris Petersen, coach from 2014 to 2019, almost $5 million a year with revenue and gifts.

BTW, I have been told that U. Washington (located in Seattle, with marvelous views of the mountains and bays) is a great place to go to college. (Don't confuse it with Washington University -- which I'm also told is a great place to college to college -- in St. Louis.)

Oh, you're right! I misread the Wilkipedia piece. 7-6 was Lake's record in two years of coaching -- he was 3-1 during the 2020 Covid season. This is what comes of posting at 7 a.m.!

OK, so the question then becomes. . "why was DeBoer able to do so much?" The only answer I can suggest is that U. Washington has had a lot of past success. They were able to pay Chris Petersen, coach from 2014 to 2019, almost $5 million a year with revenue and gifts.

BTW, I have been told that U. Washington (located in Seattle, with marvelous views of the mountains and bays) is a great place to go to college. (Don't confuse it with Washington University -- which I'm also told is a great place to college to college -- in St. Louis.)

Washington U is a great school. I'm not so sure about St. Louis.

He was able to do so much because they improved the offense dramatically and he got a qb he had a prior relationship with at IU. He tried to bring Haener along with him from Fresno but Haener changed his mind and went back. He found a way to make it work, strike out with one option then find another. He was a successful coach at Sioux Falls, not always but often I notice a knack for finding ways to make things work from the coaches that work at the lower levels.

They were 115 in total offense last year and 107 in scoring offense. This year they are 2 in total offense and 8 in scoring offense. I've given other examples as well, notice how it doesn't have take forever to turn an offense around.

Also I think he helped with the chemistry issues on the team, I don't get the impression from what I've read that Lake did a good job in the lockerroom with that.

Reactions: retired711
"Ain't never been there/ they tell me it's nice." I was amazed at how selective the school is.

2 schools that have little recognition in the Northeast but are correctly very well regarded in the rest of the country are Washington University and, in the small college category, Trinity of Texas.

Took Maryland plus 1 .

Every time I see Locksley it seems like he is getting to fridge level in lbs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT