ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football 2022 Bowl Games Thread

it's kind of tough too when your starting QB enters the portal before the bowl and you have to start a true freshman for the first time.
Well they were finally showing DJU the door because of the wild inconsisency. It's not like DJU left without a little bit of a shove. Dabo had been resisting throughout the season but finally towards the end of the season they turned the page to Klubnik.

I do think you can't read too deeply into bowls though. It's almost another season because of the layoff and frankly these days could almost be another team lol. Players leave or sit out and coaches leave too so it's not always the same makeup as what was seen in the regular season.

Well they were finally showing DJU the door because of the wild inconsisency. It's not like DJU left without a little bit of a shove. Dabo had been resisting throughout the season but finally towards the end of the season they turned the page to Klubnik.

I do think you can't read too deeply into bowls though. It's almost another season because of the layoff and frankly these days could almost be another team lol. Players leave or sit out and coaches leave too so it's not always the same makeup as what was seen in the regular season.
Very true! Arkansas was without 24 scholarship players for its bowl game due to opting out for the NFL and players entering the transfer portal. College football is heading in a direction unknown. Other than the millions of dollars coaches earn, I wouldn’t want to deal with the shenanigans of the transfer portal and the NIL deals.

Nick Saban having to coach while not getting all the calls (Big Ten refs) is interesting.

Very true. But at least they will matter somewhat. Maybe the players will also not opt out.

Side note is that I have always watched the FCS playoff games. I even got to the Fargodome this year as well and got a tour of their football offices. Pretty cool since not many opportunities to go to North Dakota.
Players will still opt out, it’s a business decision. No different from the Titans sitting their starters

Alabama's offensive staff found something. They're looking much more like Alabama now. They just got a huge chunk pass, and 2 plays later they take the lead.

Didn’t like that call on 3rd down and I would’ve kicked the FG again on 4th..or at least spread them out. Alabama isn’t a team I’d want to bunch things up on with back like Vaughn even though he is strong for his size.

Reactions: Mufasa94
it's kind of tough too when your starting QB enters the portal before the bowl and you have to start a true freshman for the first time.

Agree, Pitt lost in OT to Tennessee with our backup QB, although Ziggy Abanikanda rushed for 154 yds on 25 carries which helped a lot.

Tennessee is a good well coached team.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Killer drive from inside the 5 on one end to TD on the other. Alabama gets the ball to start the second too.

I don’t agree with the announcer on now you get why Klieman went for it on 4th twice. I agree with the general notion of Alabama’s offense being potent but you just had a 10 min or so drive, just for boosting morale I think it was better to get points off that. Now KSU went empty handed and also gave up a TD.

Didn’t like that call on 3rd down and I would’ve kicked the FG again on 4th..or at least spread them out. Alabama isn’t a team I’d want to bunch things up on with back like Vaughn even though he is strong for his size.
Agree, just take the 3. Then KSU uses a timeout when Bama was going to run out the half.

We all remember when the experts proclaimed that Dabo's Clemson program was the blueprint for sustained excellence. Wait.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT