ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football 2022 Bowl Games Thread

Oh, you're right! I misread the Wilkipedia piece. 7-6 was Lake's record in two years of coaching -- he was 3-1 during the 2020 Covid season. This is what comes of posting at 7 a.m.!

OK, so the question then becomes. . "why was DeBoer able to do so much?" The only answer I can suggest is that U. Washington has had a lot of past success. They were able to pay Chris Petersen, coach from 2014 to 2019, almost $5 million a year with revenue and gifts.

BTW, I have been told that U. Washington (located in Seattle, with marvelous views of the mountains and bays) is a great place to go to college. (Don't confuse it with Washington University -- which I'm also told is a great place to college to college -- in St. Louis.)
Except Washington U is in St. Louis. Take UW every day of the week. Top notch public U, especially in computer science, with great career opportunities at Amazon, Microsoft, and others.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Except Washington U is in St. Louis. Take UW every day of the week. Top notch public U, especially in computer science, with great career opportunities at Amazon, Microsoft, and others.
The last I knew, U. Washington is *very* hard to get into from out of state. From what I hear, St. Louis is a better town that you might think, especially since air conditioning has come along. Washington U. admits only about 13% of applicants, and its SAT range puts almost all other colleges (including Rutgers) to shame. The 25-75% range for SAT is 1490-1570, according to U.S. News.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The last I knew, U. Washington is *very* hard to get into from out of state. From what I hear, St. Louis is a better town that you might think, especially since air conditioning has come along. Washington U. admits only about 13% of applicants, and its SAT range puts almost all other colleges (including Rutgers) to shame. The 25-75% range for SAT is 1490-1570, according to U.S. News.
IDK if there is such a thing, but I always think of WU, UC and NW as midwestern Ivies.

IDK if there is such a thing, but I always think of WU, UC and NW as midwestern Ivies.
That's correct. University of Chicago is the most prestigious, probably because of the luster that Robert Maynard Hutchins, Enrico Fermi, Milton Friedman, Antonin Scalia, and Richard Posner, among others, brought to it. Its Hyde Park neighborhood is loved by many (although it's not to my taste) and it is very feasible to get to Chicago's Loop and Near North from it. Northwestern and Washington University ain't shabby, either.

Last edited:
Tony the Tiger Bowl a good game so far. 21-14.

Sure wish Narduzzi was really interested in the RU job after Ash was fired.

Last edited:
21-14 UCLA up on Pitt at the half
Maryland defeats NC State 16-12. Lox gets a Dukes Mayo bath.

That pick-6 may turn out to be very costly for Pitt.

And after watching for 10 minutes I think both teams could say to the other bowl teams: "And you think the refs at YOUR game were bad...."

Reactions: Knight Shift
That's correct. University of Chicago is the most prestigious, probably because of the luster that Robert Maynard Hutchins, Enrico Fermi, Milton Friedman, Antonin Scalia, and Richard Posner, among others, brought to it. Its Hyde Park neighborhood is loved by many (although it's not to my taste) and it is very feasible to get to Chicago's Loop and Near North from it. Northwestern and Washington University ain't shabby, either.
I should add that University of Chicago is better (at least more rigorous) than most of the Ivies. BTW, it doesn't seem to have hurt U of C or Washington University to be division III, and I don't know if it really makes a difference for Northwestern to be a FBS school.

I should add that University of Chicago is better (at least more rigorous) than most of the Ivies. BTW, it doesn't seem to have hurt U of C or Washington University to be division III, and I don't know if it really makes a difference for Northwestern to be a FBS school.
Did you know UofC is a founding member of the Big Ten Conference? They are a member of the B1G academic alliance.

UCLA being quite sloppy. A bunch of TOs.
Was just going to post that Nick Patti looks fairly good for a QB has not played much in his career, but that series was horrible. Regardless, kudos to Pitt for fielding a functional offense with him today. Do you Naruzzi is still "interested" in coming to Rutgers?

Was just going to post that Nick Patti looks fairly good for a QB has not played much in his career, but that series was horrible. Regardless, kudos to Pitt for fielding a functional offense with him today. Do you Naruzzi is still "interested" in coming to Rutgers?
Did I invoke the jinx? LOL sPITT.

dumbanddumber-okkillhim.gif

Funny thing we used to be killed for playing in that bowl and in that stadium . Now everyone makes it seem like it’s a great bowl
it's not a great bowl but too many lose sight of the additional practice, exposure, and positive for the program playing in a bowl vs sitting at home with no OC

May be a minority opinion, but I'd listen to Beth Mowins for 10 days straight over one game with Tessitore. He should announce mystery science theater.

All of these games could be meaningful in a 48 team tournament.
You seed the first 16 teams to make the season meaningful,then play it out from there.
It takes 47 games total.

If the NFL would move the Superbowl to the first weekend in March and have the entire league off for Christmas and New Year's weeks to give their farm system no competition,this set up could work.

Got my PhD there. Also home of Kurt Vonnegut, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, John Dewey, Saul Bellow, Edwin Hubble, and over 100 Nobel laureates. Not really the most fun place in the world, but a good place if you want to do some serious academic work.

Reactions: retired711
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT