ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football 2022 Bowl Games Thread

Remind again about the “TCU loss to KSU was close so they shouldn’t move down in the rankings” argument?

Only losing by 3 to this KSU team was some sort of accomplishment?

The problem is people see these tweets and say "Look!!!! We can win like that as well!!"

They don't realize that the reason they are tweeting about it because it doesn't happen.

This happens by accident. You don't make a plan on offense to do something that is extremely unlikely to succeed.

We all remember when the experts proclaimed that Dabo's Clemson program was the blueprint for sustained excellence. Wait.........
Times change and Dabo didn’t. Dabo refuses for some reason to take transfers. Yet lost something like 40 players over the past few years. Add him losing his co-OC’s and DC and that makes it even tougher. I think I read he is still 30-4 in conference games over the past 4+ years. And 2 Natty’s. I’d love to suck like that.

Reactions: Joey Bags
Last edited:
Reactions: NickRU714
Clemson and Greg Schiano say hold oue beers:

Haha exactly!!
The same people who hold up Iowa success will cherry pick Clemson and say "See!! Clemson had all those plays and yards but still lost."

So every other team that ran all those plays scored a bunch of points?
Let's choose that side of the equation instead of the "3rd time since 2000" side.

The problem is people see these tweets and say "Look!!!! We can win like that as well!!"

They don't realize that the reason they are tweeting about it because it doesn't happen.

This happens by accident. You don't make a plan on offense to do something that is extremely unlikely to succeed.
I’d like to think most wouldn’t think that and that it’s something unusual and unique to Iowa.

Also I wouldn’t read too much into bowl games as I said above. Levis didn’t play in the game and who knows who else and same for Iowa. It’s a long layoff and players leave or sit out and so do coaches.

Reactions: NickRU714
That has the potential to get into McCarthy’s head with the pressure of this game. Will be interesting to see how he responds.

Remind again about the “TCU loss to KSU was close so they shouldn’t move down in the rankings” argument?

Only losing by 3 to this KSU team was some sort of accomplishment?
TCU is starting great. I figured Michigan would run over them and took them at -7.5

Reactions: Knight Shift
TCU is starting great. I figured Michigan would run over them and took them at -7.5
TCU is capable on defense, whether it showed up today and lasts for the duration of the game is the question. Texas is physical team with 2 very good and big backs in Robinson and Johnson and TCU contained them in that game.

Uh oh Michigan. Your fans look gloomy.

Next team to score a touchdown will be telling in the outcome of this one.

Uh oh Michigan. Your fans look gloomy.

Next team to score a touchdown will be telling in the outcome of this one.
That’s the thing TCU is a team that can potentially come back if they’re down a lot, can Michigan if they have to rely on McCarthy’s arm instead of the ground game.

Still plenty of time and early so Michigan doesn’t have to change strategy yet. It’s just two scores.

Bwa ha ha ha. The looks on the Michigan fans' faces!!!

I had the displeasure of sitting next to a NJ Wolverine fan on the flight out who told me Rutgers does not belong in the B1G. Hope he's crying.
Did you tell him wolverines don't belong in NJ? Guy probably didn't even go there.

Did you tell him wolverines don't belong in NJ? Guy probably didn't even go there.
The story got worse. He had some sort of condition/issue (very overweight) and he passed out in the aisle. He recovered. My son (an EMT) checked him out. But he was sweating profusely the rest of the flight. I advised him to go to the emergency room and get checked out. Despite his opinion, hope the guy is OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT