ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/12-9/14 Thurs-Sat

Not even a Hail Mary on the last play lol…overly conservative even there haha.

Was also wondering about the point of the spike after the review delay.

It's Georgia. They had a rough time on offense in this game, but it's Georgia. You have to expect that they're going to step it up and likely see out the game if you punt it there.

Even if you go for it and fail, they only have it at the 50. Then you could still force a 3 and out (which you really had to do anyway even by punting) and you still have a shot.

So dumb.

It's Georgia. They had a rough time on offense in this game, but it's Georgia. You have to expect that they're going to step it up and likely see out the game if you punt it there.

Even if you go for it and fail, they only have it at the 50. Then you could still force a 3 and out (which you really had to do anyway even by punting) and you still have a shot.

So dumb.
2 bites at the apple vs 1....He managed the whole game very conservatively. 4th and 8 isn't short but it's doable, if it was like 4th and 20 or something I could've understood.

I don't have a problem taking points and think too many coaches pass up on easy points too often but the way the game was played, it's like they never really even realistically thought about TDs only FGs. The philosophy the whole game including on that punt was ultra conservative. I don't have problems being somewhat conservative but think Stoops was quite a bit. I suppose many defensive coaches fall in that category.

From today's email from The Athletic:

"For now, let’s talk about Florida State. Since 1977, Bobby Bowden’s second season in Tallahassee, the Noles have started only two seasons 0-3.

Coaching both of those seasons? Mike Norvell, now including 2024. After losing 20-12 at home yesterday to Memphis, FSU is just the second preseason top-10 team since the 1980s to lose its first three games.

Insult to injury: Memphis was the team Norvell left for Florida State, and now the 3-0 Tigers are favored for a 12-team playoff autobid."
----------
BTW, The Athletic is running promotion for a free 1 year extension if you sign up with BET MGM. I think this is a sleazy promotion, but I'm probably in the minority here. I don't gamble or place bets.

From today's email from The Athletic:

"For now, let’s talk about Florida State. Since 1977, Bobby Bowden’s second season in Tallahassee, the Noles have started only two seasons 0-3.

Coaching both of those seasons? Mike Norvell, now including 2024. After losing 20-12 at home yesterday to Memphis, FSU is just the second preseason top-10 team since the 1980s to lose its first three games.

Insult to injury: Memphis was the team Norvell left for Florida State, and now the 3-0 Tigers are favored for a 12-team playoff autobid."
----------
BTW, The Athletic is running promotion for a free 1 year extension if you sign up with BET MGM. I think this is a sleazy promotion, but I'm probably in the minority here. I don't gamble or place bets.
Add in the 1.3 million Memphis got for making the trip to Tallahassee and it was a splendid day all around for the Noles

I read Napier is owed around 25M but it's possible that his recruitment of Rashada might help reduce that figure, like if he is found to have done something wrong they might use that to lower the number or not pay.

I remember when he was hired all the types of assistants and support staff they hired, some with ridiculous titles and now look at the way it's turned out. He was a hot name G5 HC and former Saban assistant. You never know how it goes when a coach steps up.

Last edited:
In fairness to Florida their schedule is extremely hard, have to play like Texas and Georgia the same month.

Last edited:

I read Napier is owed around 25M but it's possible that his recruitment of Rashada might help reduce that figure, like if he is found to have done something wrong they might use that to lower the number or not pay.

I remember when he was hired all the types of assistants and support staff they hired, some with ridiculous titles and now look at the way it's turned out. He was a hot name G5 HC and former Saban assistant. You never know how it goes when a coach steps up.
Not only is he owed the 25M, I read he's owed about half immediately if they were to fire him. That's a big check to cut.

Talk to a buddy who is a big-time bull gator, he’s done

They wanted them out at half time with the Miami game, but needed to raise the money first

I’d be surprised if he was coaching in the next few weeks

Waiting till they get into the meat of the SEC season but Arch Manning is pretty electric.

Will be very curious to see how they manage the split between him and Ewers.

Not only is he owed the 25M, I read he's owed about half immediately if they were to fire him. That's a big check to cut.
Supposedly, they were ready to shitcan him at halftime of the Miami game, but needed to raise the funds (surprised they weren’t raised already, given his pedestrian record, and the fact that they have the hardest schedule in college football this year)

ND at 17 just because they beat Purdue badly. If they’re going to be ranked it should barely be in, not at 17. I think Texas does deserve to be at 1 currently imo.

I wonder if Ohio St. would be 1 or 2 if they had played.
OSU hasn’t played a P4 team yet. Texas and UGA have played at least 1 or more and both have beat ranked ones.

These rankings don’t really matter anyway but it’s just for discussion. I don’t have the dislike for ND many here do. I’m indifferent to just about all teams (root for underdogs though) but I don’t like the bias that comes with the name status. 17 is too high imo after the NIU loss at home. Thats how the world works though. When the time comes hopefully the CFP committee will be more discerning when ranking.

OSU hasn’t played a P4 team yet. Texas and UGA have played at least 1 or more and both have beat ranked ones.

These rankings don’t really matter anyway but it’s just for discussion. I don’t have the dislike for ND many here do. I’m indifferent to just about all teams (root for underdogs though) but I don’t like the bias that comes with the name status. 17 is too high imo after the NIU loss at home. Thats how the world works though. When the time comes hopefully the CFP committee will be more discerning when ranking.
Where is Boston College?

I think it may have been because of the the play that the the WVU receiver #2 made a reception in the end zone (put WVU up by 10 late in the game) while holding onto the Pitt defender #10 face mask. If you want to clearly see the potential infraction not called go to Panther Lair and OP Narduzzi. Clearly shown in posted video.

You be the judge

However, there are some plays that the officials get wrong, sometimes goes against you and sometimes goes for you.

Sometimes best ($5000) just to let it go.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Beagles, beagles, beagles!
Oh, I forgot, this is where Fredo went:

fredo-death.gif

I think it may have been because of the the play that the the WVU receiver #2 made a reception in the end zone (put WVU up by 10 late in the game) while holding onto the Pitt defender #10 face mask. If you want to clearly see the potential infraction not called go to Panther Lair and OP Narduzzi. Clearly shown in posted video.

You be the judge

However, there are some plays that the officials get wrong, sometimes goes against you and sometimes goes for you.

Sometimes best ($5000) just to let it go.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I don't know about all that. I just got a kick out of the comment that Narduzzi would pay it all in nickels, that fits his personality lol.

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
6 of the top 7 from the SEC. Don't have to look that up to know that's unprecedented.
On Big Noon when they were talking about how many teams from each conference would make the playoffs UM was like 7 from the SEC would deserve it. I was like come on man lol. I could 4 see, maybe 5 but not 7, that's crazy.

Does Rutgers get ranked if we beat Va Tech?
Illinois and Nebraska 24 and 22 play each other.
Crappy Michigan will lose to USC.
Do two of those fall out opening up a spot for RU?
Or does the ACC love fest continue and Syracuse gets ranked if they beat Stanford?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT