ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/16-9/17 Fri-Sat

PAC 12 North looking tough today
I liked the DeBoer hire when it happened and it’s still way early in his tenure but what a night and day performance from Lake/Donovan to this UW offense. I don’t even know how a guy like Donovan sniffs an OC position after his PSU stint.

Agree with this.

Maryland showing lack of discipline. 10 yard penalty holding and unsportsmanlike 15 yd on same play. Moved from 1st and goal on 9 to 3rd and 31. Field goal.

Maryland stadium looks like a graveyard.

20-20

And another unsportsmanlike against Maryland to give SMU the 1st down.
I can't defend it anymore...

Washington intercepted Sparty on very next play inside the 10 but had to settle for a FG.

No close games this week, no upsets. Last week was much better.
Not as good as last week but that was a really good one. Still some decent games this week.

App State for the third week in a row with a fun end

Purdue Cuse was a fun game too

Didn’t watch the Cal ND game much but that was close too

A&M up 10-3 now on Miami

USF just lost close to UF

Liberty WF was a close one too

MSU closing the gap 39-26 5 min left

2pt good 39-28 UW

17-3 A&M on Miami

Last edited:
I wonder what’s going to happen with the Iowa game. Now after 11pm their time and still hasn’t resumed.

Again this week, teams put up incredible point totals with some notable exceptions. Imagine, in this day of amazing displays of offensive firepower Rutgers was unable to score a single offensive TD. Of course, they easily could have at the very end of the game. The kicker is, that’s the way they like to play. We are blessed.

I know, Miami didn’t do much better but I don’t think there is much comparison there.

Last edited:
Pretty funny reading some of these posts of people who are absolutely polluted wandering around Iowa City waiting for the game to resume.

OH Shizer they delayed the game again. They still have not called it so supposedly they're going to keep trying to complete the game. Game delay #3. 12:02 Central .

Here's a pic of Manhattan Beach volleyball for research purposes of future SoCal opponents.

Stopped watching Neb/OU, didn't realize Johnson went out and Quinn/Klatt finished it off.

Article is paywall but just some more stats on Kansas:

The future Big 12 member could not figure out a way to slow down these Jayhawks. Jalon Daniels took another huge step in his development by putting up 158 passing yards, 123 rushing yards and five total touchdowns to lead the way. He fell behind 14-0 early and responded by leading a run of six touchdowns on seven drives to pull away.

From 2010 through 2017, Kansas did not win a single road game. Not one. This is the first time the Jayhawks have won two in a season since their 2007 Orange Bowl squad. And before that? The Jayhawks hadn’t notched multiple road wins in a season since 1996. This extremely well-coached group has really played well in six consecutive games, starting with its infamous win at Texas, and is now off to a pretty special start.

Was just watching the highlight shows this morning and didn't realize that one of those penalties on the last kickoff for Purdue was on Brohm. I knew there was one on a Purdue coach but I thought they said the STs coach during the game. It sounds like it was on Brohm. Bad job there. All those penalties led them to kicking off from their own 10 and set up the Cuse at midfield on the return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT