ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/6-9/7 Fri-Sat

510yds for Petrino’s offense but 3 TOs and mistakes have killed them..Ok St takes the lead finally up 28-21

KSU takes the lead on a scoop and score TD 34-27 on Tulane

Arks comes back with 3 play 75yd drive to tie it at 28

2 back and forth games

Last edited:
Kentucky vs South Carolina coming up. I'm sure Gavin Wimsatt will show out this week.

Tulane driving for a game tying score on #17 KSU, inside the 40…2 mins left

Saban duh lol.

Ok St penalties pushing them back from inside the 10…now back to 38yd FGA..they made it. Looks like the refs messed up a false start call that would’ve helped Ok St salt away what little there is left on the clock. 31-28 Ok St

55secs left for Arkat their 25 and no timeouts

Reactions: OJRutgers
Tulane inside the 5 but flags are down..27 secs left..down 7

Oh wow holding on the D so they have a shot to tie or win

Wow looked like he might have kept Tulane out but just barely crossed the goaline but they called OPI on another Tulane receiver… oh goodness..TD off the board

Don’t know if I’d call that OPI on a pick

Ark almost gave away their FG chance save for an incomplete pass lol

They made it game tied at 31-31…OT

2 fun finishes in Tulane and Ok St

Aww, KSU INT in the endzone and that should be it…too bad for Tulane..wasn’t a fan of the OPI that took Tulane’s TD off the board

Ark takes a sack then missed a 46 FG…Ok St turn at OT1

Ok St misses a 41yd FG and we go to OT2

Last edited:

Cal Auburn tied at 7
Utah up 7-0 on Baylor
Maryland tied 7-7 with MSU
Iowa up 7-0 on ISU

Ok St TD amd mandatory 2 made…up 39-31…Ark’s turn

OkSt holds them and wins

Last edited:
EMU kicker booted a 57yd FG between the uprights to take the early lead over UDub

MSU tied with Maryland at 14

Iowa up 10-0 on ISU
Utah up 17-0 on Baylor..Aranda’s seat getting hot
Cal up 14-7 on Auburn

ND gets a FG blocked by NIU before half…NIU still up 13-7

Iowa up 13-0 on ISU

Utah up 23-0

MSU connects on a little closer FG from 55 to 50 because of a penalty…17-14 MSU at half

Last edited:
Strange play in Auburn-Cal game. Auburn QB fumbles snap and them immediately spikes it to stop the clock. Ruled intentional grounding.

Which leads me to question, why is spiking the ball not intentional grounding under any circumstance?

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Strange play in Auburn-Cal game. Auburn QB fumbles snap and them immediately spikes it to stop the clock. Ruled intentional grounding.

Which leads me to question, why is spiking the ball not intentional grounding under any circumstance?
It’s the bobble and it hitting the ground and picking it up that’s the issue. If it didn’t hit the ground then it’s a spike.

ND gets a FG blocked by NIU before half…NIU still up 13-7

Iowa up 13-0 on ISU

Utah up 23-0

MSU connects on a little closer FG from 55 to 50 because of a penalty…17-14 MSU at half
Edwards had started off red hot but has now cooled. Maryland will not be winning by outscoring teams in track meets any longer.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
It’s the bobble and it hitting the ground and picking it up that’s the issue. If it didn’t hit the ground then it’s a spike.

Yes, I get that. I was just wondering why spiking the ball is ever allowed as a legit play? Seems by definition to be intentional grounding - not thrown to a nearby receiver and not over the line of scrimmage.

Yes, I get that. I was just wondering why spiking the ball is ever allowed as a legit play? Seems by definition to be intentional grounding - not thrown to a nearby receiver and not over the line of scrimmage.
Well I suppose you can view it the same way a FG holder’s knee being down isn’t a downed ball. It’s a specific circumstance.

NIU misses a FG after decent drive…still 13-7 NIU

Getting some challenges from these G5 or lower schools this week. PSU game was another.

If Aranda flops this season wonder if they may turns to a guy who runs a version of the old Briles offense in Kinne.

ND 34yd TD run with a leap over the defender on his way to a TD. 14-13 ND

Last edited:
Is Drones not 100%? Just turned it on but based on the stats, VA Tech can't move the ball against Marshall

How the hell did VT not get a penalty there? Guy blocked Marshall DL 10 yds. out of bounds then VT players on sideline throw him down to behind benches. WTF are these refs doing?

Reactions: Knight Shift
After another INT for Kentucky.. down 31-6 in the 4th.. will Wimsatt get in? He has 1 rush for 2 yards.

WIMSATT at QB

NIU gets an INT returned to midfield, still down 1…under 6 mins left

I guess so much for that supposed coasting and smooth sailing for ND after the A&M game

Seems to be an INT bonanza…Maryland and MSU trade INTs…Maryland up 24-17

ISU FG to close to down 19-17 to Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT